Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
All I need from research is Latias. Got a shiny Ho-Oh. I'm cool with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
Weekend events shouldn't start before noon. :mad:

crispyseaweed fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 25, 2019

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Electric worth its weight in gold vs Lapras.

I'm curious today about Ice Beam because it says it's a possible charge move for the boss, but will we be able to get it when we catch Lapras? Will we be able to TM into it? And more unlikely but would our old Lapras be able to TM into it?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm shocked that I duoed it with my wife, all machamps except she brought a ttar. Cloudy and best friends , 0 seconds left. These were cp 2200 machamps

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Willsun posted:

Electric worth its weight in gold vs Lapras.

I'm curious today about Ice Beam because it says it's a possible charge move for the boss, but will we be able to get it when we catch Lapras? Will we be able to TM into it? And more unlikely but would our old Lapras be able to TM into it?

Ice Beam is legacy. Lapras could learn it back in the gen1/2 days of pogo and it got pushed out of the movepool. TMs probably don't work, because Niantic.

Any Lapras you catch during the event should have it.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
19 raids, no shiny lapras, but I got a shiny eevee and shiny seel within seconds of each other half way through the raid train.

I feel like I shouldn't complain but I will anyway, especially when literally everyone else in the group got multiple shiny lapras.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
My friend and I did the 5 gyms right here together in the center of our town, luckily there was two spoofers and a nice family of 4 along for all but one so we had an easy time. I got a shiny which is all I cared about :dance:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

crispyseaweed posted:

Weekend events shouldn't start before noon. :mad:

Agreed.

Although for me it wasn't because I wanted to sleep in more (well I mean I do...) but because I got karate class right at 11 and the nerds in the local Discord were mustering up at 10:45 and I was like bitch I'm going to be hitting dudes irl. :argh:

I caught up to them after my class in the town historic district, at least. Plenty of gyms there. Even though I only did the last hour, I got 8 Raids in and one shiny!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Sykic posted:

19 raids, no shiny lapras, but I got a shiny eevee and shiny seel within seconds of each other half way through the raid train.

I feel like I shouldn't complain but I will anyway, especially when literally everyone else in the group got multiple shiny lapras.

I’m in the sameish salt boat; I managed to get one shiny across 4 accounts x 15 raids. Someone in my discord doing the same thing but hit 20 raids ended up with 15 shinies across all accounts.

Getting at least one 1 was my goal so hooray, but it’s kind of depressing when it feels like you’re playing with loaded dice and people are having literally an order of magnitude better results.

RNG remains compelling gameplay, etc

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
How many raids dr tran

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

I'm only mildly furious.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Between this and being trolled by weather (rain started 2 raids in and stopped at 2 on the button, so much for great league viability) I just have this playing in my head on repeat

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qF4RCOcz9ow

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've got a heck of a sunburn but this seems worth it.

My buddy didn't get any shinies, a person in the group we rolled with got four.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

How much money did you spend to do this

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I appreciated shiny lapras before everyone got one.

I'm just saying I had a shiny before it was cool :colbert:

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Kids and I did the free raids plus an extra one. We each got a shiny, and one was 1507 (98%). Spent $0 on passes, thanks Google surveys. Got enough to try and finally get a groudon shiny...if I can get back into reliably trioing it since the buff.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is there any statistical reason to use a shiny if you have a regular with better IV and level?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Pirate Jet posted:

Is there any statistical reason to use a shiny if you have a regular with better IV and level?

no, they are only cosmetic

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Did a carpool raid train; in two hours we did something like 18 raids? One dude got 3 shinies, everyone got at least 1, and overall it was a fun day!

A kid on our Discord has extra shiny Lapras but will only trade them for shiny nonbird legendaries. Same kid wanted me to trade an unown for a bonsly. Sorry dude.

Balk
Oct 15, 2011
I decided to go downstate to get my head handed to me at regionals. The host of the tournament pushed back the start time to run a raid train for the participants, which was pretty nice. We did 20 raids in under two hours. I wound up with one shiny, the host got three, and the other two guys in the car got two each.

Only managed to go 3-2 at the tournament, but still a pretty good day.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've got a heck of a sunburn but this seems worth it.

My buddy didn't get any shinies, a person in the group we rolled with got four.

sup twin

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My raid group dwindled as the day went due to the weather, and we did the last three gyms in driving rain, two of which were out in the middle of a playing field, but I got 2 shiny Lapras and 6 normal ones from 10 raids, though both the shiny were crap IVs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did about 16 raids, got a 100% and two shinies

good day!

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
For anyone Interested in streamlining their POGO experience, the Go-Tcha is $10 off at Best Buy right now.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I would like to recommend the Gotcha Ranger, if only because keeping my gotcha charged was a nightmare and it died completely about a week after I started using it.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I’m in the sameish salt boat; I managed to get one shiny across 4 accounts x 15 raids. Someone in my discord doing the same thing but hit 20 raids ended up with 15 shinies across all accounts.

I got three shinies but I feel bad because the one guy in our community who likes hunting shinies the most got zero despite us running a train doing 31 raids. Someone's traded him one though so we're all square, but we were such an efficient group that I feel like we could have done more if it weren't for the local Memorial Day festivities and parade that blocked off a good portion of the downtown with 7 gyms close by each other.

I also got a 100% Lapras as well but it seems like this is becoming such a common occurrence not only in my town but from everyone.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I did about 15 raids with a big group of people but had absolutely no luck. No purple Nessie for me :(
But I went to work afterward and I randomly got my first ever shiny Murkrow!!! So everything is almost ok :)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oh boy, another EX raid invite I’ll never be able to use. It’s on...

...wait, it’s on a Sunday??? :stare:

:hellyeah:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Did 25 raids and was kicked out of 5. Having Sprint is like playing on hard mode.
I got 2 shiny. My son got one. 2 people in our raid-van got 4 and one got none.

Balk
Oct 15, 2011
In an entirely predictable development, I got an EX raid pass for one of the gyms hit on the regionals raid train.

...do I drive two hours one way for another Deoxys-D?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm glad the game still has issues with distance not counting. Spent three hours trying to get the last 4 km I needed to hit 50 km. It only counted three of those despite very clearly doing more.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

BGrifter posted:

Oh boy, another EX raid invite I’ll never be able to use. It’s on...

...wait, it’s on a Sunday??? :stare:

:hellyeah:
I also got one for Sunday!

I fly to a different state on Saturday.

Udenpah
Mar 26, 2007
To see the mote that I preferred to all the lists of clay
A buddy and I each went 0/6 for shiny Lapras while wading through the hordes in Boston commons. At the same time his wife caught 4 shiny ones in a row for a modest 66% shiny rate. It was magical watching the incredulity build on his face after each raid while we kept getting diddly and she acted like it was no biggie to get every shiny forever. By the end he had a minor meltdown, forgetting that he had more raid passes left, and we just wondered off to the North End to smash some sangria on a rooftop bar. Overall, a good day in a p. good raid week.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How do I best make use of this Metal Box?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
You mean Meltan? Whenever you have a spare 30 minutes and a bunch of pinap berries, open it, and catch like a dozen Meltan. Assuming you've sent a Pokemon to one of the Let's Go games first.

Then wait a week and do it all over until you have a goofy bolt boy who's only really good in PVP (and sort of in Gyms, kind of, maybe).

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

How do I best make use of this Metal Box?

Yeah take a stroll for 30 minutes with the box activated. You should hopefully get one to pop like every 3 minutes or so. I usually get around 100-120 candies a run considering no drop in service and you have enough pinab berries.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Willsun posted:

Yeah take a stroll for 30 minutes with the box activated. You should hopefully get one to pop like every 3 minutes or so. I usually get around 100-120 candies a run considering no drop in service and you have enough pinab berries.

Would it still work if I sat my rear end at home?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Last time I did one I got 18-20 in 30 minutes sitting at home but I don’t know if the spawn rate recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Would it still work if I sat my rear end at home?

At home is preferred imo. Turn on vibration and crank up the sound. Meltan is really small on the world screen, so hard to see. Just put on a show and check every minute or so. Come prepared with 30+ pinaps and ultra balls