Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Birth control options for women loving suck and it is absolutely not the same as a man getting his dick cut off :psyduck:

Women can still have sex normally and orgasm after a hysterectomy, for one thing.

It can be really, really hard to find a birth control method you can both tolerate physically and also use reliably.

Also, it's not always strictly about birth control. Some women end up with really messed up hormone cycles (something a lot of birth control options further impact) and develop horrendous periods that last for months or that are absolutely cripplingly painful (or both!). A friend had hideous crippling periods and didn't want kids and tried really hard to get a hysterectomy. Only after they worsened over years until finally having a period for 11 months with no end in sight and saying "I will kill myself if I have to keep living like this" did a doctor finally agree to one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Having a complete hysterectomy can severely mess with hormone levels, and increase the risk of certain medical conditions.

It's not something you should do for birth control, the downsides are potentially life-shortening.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

And having a uterus can also severely mess with hormone levels and increase risk of certain medical conditions.

Women don't just get a hysterectomy because they can't be bothered taking a pill every day. The point is that it's incredibly difficult to get a hysterectomy if you are a women of childbearing age, even if it would drastically improve your quality of life.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i get what your saying but it's not like a uterus is an appendix or something. theres a good reason most doctors wont sign off on it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Larry Parrish posted:

i get what your saying but it's not like a uterus is an appendix or something. theres a good reason most doctors wont sign off on it

then they should give those reasons instead of reasons like ‘what if your husband wants a baby some day?!’

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Getting a hysterectomy is nearly always about hormones*, and almost never birth control. Because if your hormones aren't hosed up you just get your tubes tied. That's all that needs to be said about it.

*Or some serious uterine disease.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

then they should give those reasons instead of reasons like ‘what if your husband wants a baby some day?!’

I'd imagine the central issue is that it's irreversible and if you come back after your biological clock does get louder (and if you haven't gotten there yet, it does) and you've decided you now want a baby and can't have one because the doctor didn't adequately explain the consequences or didn't try to treat whatever problem you had before without such a drastic measure, they could be sued. It's better to just not risk that.

I'm not trying to minimize women's healthcare problems, they're real and systemic. Also of course reproductive issues bring a whole 'nother helping of paternalistic behavior on top of that. Even as a male it was hard to find anyone willing to do my vasectomy in my 20s (and I totally understand why given that people in their 20s are straight up morons, myself included, I just happened to be right about not wanting to ever have kids).

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yep, we do fake-ball surgery at the hospital I work at.

And I do the ordering! So every so often I have to ask the surgeon "What size balls should I order in for your patient next week?"

Can you pack like eight in your scrote? There's gotta be an obscure fetish for that I can go for.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Outrail posted:

Can you pack like eight in your scrote? There's gotta be an obscure fetish for that I can go for.

Octoball Z

wait does that dragon dildo company make dragon testicles?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Krankenstyle posted:

Octoball Z

wait does that dragon dildo company make dragon testicles?

If not, there's an untapped market.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Outrail posted:

Someone out there is making a killing :turianass:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/princess-diana-car-crash-turned-16191772

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Amazon wants to 3D-scan volunteers’ bodies for a $25 gift card

surely nothing ominous going on here!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

How the gently caress are you that petty as the biggest corporation on the planet that you can't spring a hundo in actual cash for that

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

aphid_licker posted:

How the gently caress are you that petty as the biggest corporation on the planet that you can't spring a hundo in actual cash for that

maybe an algorithm came up with that number

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

why pay 25 when they could've gotten away with 15

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao, Bezos honing his perfect virtual harem. :barf:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/EmojiCatholic/status/1131929500323917826

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tubgoat posted:

lest we forget....

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

stealing jewish valor!!!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tubgoat posted:

i love you, alive girl

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

"you're gonna need a license plate that says 8-Ball 'cause you're gonna have 8 balls"--me, to a guy in for a root canal

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Wow, was that his wife? She is very comely for a blonde.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

that's Anna Kournikova, definitely not his wife

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Thanks! Explains why she's hot, and looked like I ought to have known who she is.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

how old is that picture? i’m guessing 2005 or so.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

'03, it was to promote some sports bra that was designed for her and he took every opportunity to be a loving creep during it

e: in that pre-woke era everyone just covered it as "Aw, he couldn't help himself when confronted with her sexyness" iirc

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

bezos looks older in that pic than he does currently so i figured it had to be at least 10-15 years ago.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

That’s a neck made for the guillotine

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

bezos looks older in that pic than he does currently so i figured it had to be at least 10-15 years ago.

his steady diet of adrenochrome and child's blood has really worked wonders, hasn't it?

(image search "adrenochrome" for a wild ride)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pick posted:

i love you, alive girl

I loved my chosen. How then to face the day when she left me? So I took from her body a single cell, perhaps to love her again.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Prav posted:

why pay 25 when they could've gotten away with 15

I was gonna ask if Amazon has fanboys who'd be willing to do it for free in the vein of tesla but I think I already know the answer to that question

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

I loved my chosen. How then to face the day when she left me? So I took from her body a single cell, perhaps to love her again.

Is this SMAC? Sounds like SMAC.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

redsniper posted:

Is this SMAC? Sounds like SMAC.

It's tingling my brain because I know I've heard it before and yeah, I think you're right.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
It's definitely SMAC, the most quotable game of all time.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yep

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

uber_stoat posted:

his steady diet of adrenochrome and child's blood has really worked wonders, hasn't it?

(image search "adrenochrome" for a wild ride)

FINISH. THE loving. STORY. What happened? What about the glands?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

redleader posted:

It's definitely SMAC, the most quotable game of all time.

True. It's amazing how often an apropos saying from that game springs to mind.

Oh my god has it really been twenty years since it was released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
My mates got a fake ball and he says he regrets getting it because it never quite warms up to body temp and it feels odd