Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Are we gonna have this "my opinion on food" argument again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Never Forget

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/736672123012427776

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

psydude posted:

Five Guys makes a pretty decent burger for a fast casual chain. I'd take them over something like Smash Burger or In N' Out.

*bursts through Current Events Door*

I will fight you for this *Henry Cavill two-fist pump*

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

It's gotta be awesome to be a fascist these days. The gloves are off. You don't have to make sure the person you're loving with for fun is the right minority anymore. As long as they aren't rich, you're good to go.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FrozenVent posted:

Walk the loving block you goon.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Five Guys is definitely not better than In N Out. However Habit Burger certainly is. There is one a block away from my house and Door Dash delivers for like 3 dollars.

The fries at five guys are better, but the burger at in n out is definitely superior.

In n out shakes are pretty drat good too.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

RandomPauI posted:

I haven't seen an Au Bon Pain since I was a kid in Virginia. Were they only on bases?

We have one at my job (a hospital).

It's... okay? Just expensive. Best way I can describe it is a fast good/grab&go version of a Panera Bread, but slightly lower quality.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

I haven't seen an Au Bon Pain since I was a kid in Virginia. Were they only on bases?

the only one I've ever seen was at the airport in Philly

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

shame on an IGA posted:

the only one I've ever seen was at the airport in Philly

Downtown Minneapolis had two of them, but the closed at the same time. No big deal as far as I'm concerned, they're basically a overpriced Panera Bread with fancier names for the bread.

Now Tim Hortons closing, that's a crime.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

psydude posted:

I was talking more national chains. For regional ones, BGR is pretty good, too (the DC thread hates it though, but they also bicker over ramen like it's anything more than a cheap lunch/drunk food).

e: Is Clark Burger the place in Fells? I think I've been there before and yeah it was good.

Yeah Clark Burger is in Fells, the original one is up in Belvedere Square, both locations are really good.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MRC48B posted:

It's gotta be awesome to be a fascist these days. The gloves are off. You don't have to make sure the person you're loving with for fun is the right minority anymore. As long as they aren't rich, you're good to go.

imagine stealing the valor of being a CBP officer lol

https://twitter.com/PPXAVC/status/1132137718157201408

Read the replies to this where a CBP officer says that this stop shouldn't have happened, and asks this dude "so when did you graduate from FLETC?"

Dude blows it off with acronym poo poo.

"You still didn't answer me, when did you graduate from FLETC?"

Imagine wanting to be a jackbooted thug but didn't have the guts to go to school to be a jackbooted thug. I wonder if he's having issues with MyPay.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 26, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

orange juche posted:

Imagine wanting to be a jackbooted thug but didn't have the guts to go to school to be a jackbooted thug. I wonder if he's having issues with MyPay.

What is the base

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That whole pile of replies is beautiful honestly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Best Friends posted:

The Gravel Twitter thing feels more and more like elder abuse tbh

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oh my god what the gently caress guys what the gently caress how do prosecutors keep blowing these slam dunk cases

Gallagher has a good chance of walking, pardon or no pardon, because the fuckin dumbshit navy sent spyware emails to his defense team, the editor of Navy Times, and one AF JAG who is raising fifteen different kinds of hell

https://www.scmagazine.com/home/email-security/ncis-cyber-usaf-investigating-usn-for-planting-email-tracking-malware/

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MRC48B posted:

https://twitter.com/AshKSkeet/status/1132362333936865281?s=19

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That cop just wanted to kill a motherfucker. If it were actually about officer or public safety, he wouldn't have kept jumping out of the car and firing recklessly into the car in a built up area.

Look, I'm not saying the military does everything right. But if I would have done that poo poo in Baghdad, my unit would have hosed me with the hard dick of the law.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

bulletsponge13 posted:

That cop just wanted to kill a motherfucker. If it were actually about officer or public safety, he wouldn't have kept jumping out of the car and firing recklessly into the car in a built up area.

Look, I'm not saying the military does everything right. But if I would have done that poo poo in Baghdad, my unit would have hosed me with the hard dick of the law.

Eh don't worry. You would have gotten a pardon from our Pissbaby In Chief.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

He hasn't followed through yet so maybe the opinions of all the retired Generals finally outweighed whatever freakshow was whispering in his ear.

He did pardon the guy who was caught taking pictures of sensitive equipment inside a nuclear submarine and claimed he meant to show them to his 2-year-old. But her emails.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 26, 2019

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Or

shame on an IGA posted:

Oh my god what the gently caress guys what the gently caress how do prosecutors keep blowing these slam dunk cases

Gallagher has a good chance of walking, pardon or no pardon, because the fuckin dumbshit navy sent spyware emails to his defense team, the editor of Navy Times, and one AF JAG who is raising fifteen different kinds of hell

https://www.scmagazine.com/home/email-security/ncis-cyber-usaf-investigating-usn-for-planting-email-tracking-malware/

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Crakkerjakk posted:

The fries at five guys are better, but the burger at in n out is definitely superior.

In n out shakes are pretty drat good too.

Agreed, five guys burgers aren't that great. Basically just a wad of greasy flavorless meat, and YES MY MONITOR IS ON THANK YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

idk five guys is pretty decent

i hate their fries though

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Five guys lifehack is just order a cheese hotdog and load it up

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Five Guys is definitely not better than In N Out. However Habit Burger certainly is. There is one a block away from my house and Door Dash delivers for like 3 dollars.

In N Out is utterly mediocre.

Edit: I still go about once a year.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 26, 2019

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Godholio posted:

BETRAYAL

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Nothing fancy about a Five Guys burger, tasty but not more special than any backyard BBQ burger. What's special about In-N-Out is that it's a delicious fast food burger, arguably what Shake Shack strives to be. Tasty Burger (Boston chain) is on par as well.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
One word: Culver's Double Butter Burger.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Fister Roboto posted:

Agreed, five guys burgers aren't that great. Basically just a wad of greasy flavorless meat, and YES MY MONITOR IS ON THANK YOU

Didn't they build a Shake Shack outside Columbia Mall just west of Meade?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

BigDave posted:

:same: people don't want understand the righteousness of the butter burger

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BigDave posted:

Had one 20 years ago and my arteries still cramp up at the thought.

Best goddamn chain burger ever.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

idk five guys is pretty decent

i hate their fries though

lies, their fries are great.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
White Castle.

With jalapenos. I want my farts to burn nose hairs within a 20 foot radius.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

White Castle.

With jalapenos. I want my farts to burn nose hairs within a 20 foot radius.

I wish more people understood the greatness of White Castle

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CookOut is as good as five guys but with a drive thru and the option for less than five pounds of fries per order.

Also, cajun fries.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Krystal Burgers down South just don't compare.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nick Soapdish posted:

White Castle is garbage.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah, Krystals is the real trash. A lazy southern take on a quality little burg.

I could eat a dozen sliders right now. With chicken rings instead of fries for a side.

I see now that the reason I've lost so much weight over the past few years is because white castle is at least a 12 hour drive, either direction I go.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Krystal is for people who want the food poisoning to start within minutes. And five guys is amazing for a post exctasy hamgover

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

CookOut is as good as five guys but with a drive thru and the option for less than five pounds of fries per order.

Also, cajun fries.

The sheet amount of food you get for $7 at CookOut is a basic summary of why the south is obese.

Those hush puppies, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Godholio posted:

Edit: I still go about once a year.

I’m about to ruin this man’s whole career