Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Welcome to the cool kids club :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

welcome to the maniac spotters club

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Nalesh posted:

True, it's just that with me, proofing weapons for 400+ grineer is kinda a must have to take em along :v:

Actually as stupid as it sounds, I wonder how useful the +status dur mod would be for a gas build in this, double the duration of the gas stacks.

Trying out various niche mods and here's my discoveries so far:

Proton Jet: Can't throw it while wall latched so full out
Continuous Misery: About a 15-20% total damage increase due to longer procs from my limited testing.
Spring-Loaded Chamber: About the same as above, but probably with way more shock procs so more CC

None of em really worth using so far over other choices.

Primed Bane of Grineer: Obviously wrecks poo poo since it activates three times on gas procs.

There was a dude on riven.market selling a +damage/status chance/status duration riven for 30p and the fucker transmuted it by accident before we started trading

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Buncha pubbies cursed me out for bringing ~only a neo n10~, refused to extract after completing the objective, then all left squad. I've been playing for less than a month, I don't have your radded vauted poo poo. I'm also MR8 in case it wasn't frikkin obvious enough already.

Eat poo poo, pubbies.

xoxo

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Did you randomly queue up or was it like an arranged in chat deal? If the second then you probably joined a group specifically created to run radiant relics (a rad share). Otherwise that's insane and you will almost for sure never see it again.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Nope, just a random public group I had the misfortune of being matched into.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That's dumb and they're dumb for doing it

I just tell all the angry people to go back to destiny

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's a genuine loving anomaly compared to what one normally encounters in the game. like this isn't me trying to downplay lovely parts of the community just to make it sound better, i straight up have nearly 1400 hours in the game and i can count the number of times i've run into genuine shitheads on maybe a single hand. possibly both, but i dunno.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
If one of you really wants a javlok riven, I've got an unranked/unrolled one a goon can have for 25p. I'll be ingame a bit this evening.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Okay uh.

I've been getting an effect on my nova in a game that makes her look like she's covered in... well here's a shot:

What is causing that? :v:

I have no idea but its pretty loving funny

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
PSA: Do not click on the Phorid invasion on the Ropalyst node, because it will show you this and softlock your game:

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Ritznit posted:

PSA: Do not click on the Phorid invasion on the Ropalyst node, because it will show you this and softlock your game:

I knew at a glance that that was going to be broken as hell, but I didn't realize it would break even before the mission starts.

Test-0
Jul 15, 2006

It lives...
Ancient Retribution error on an infested invasion of a sentient boss fight node. That feels like some deep lore right there.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey the Fulmin is pretty neat.

DE let us marry guns in game please.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
This mainline UI rework is more avant-garde than i expected, but i'm digging this new retro artstyle

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Johnny Joestar posted:

that's a genuine loving anomaly compared to what one normally encounters in the game. like this isn't me trying to downplay lovely parts of the community just to make it sound better, i straight up have nearly 1400 hours in the game and i can count the number of times i've run into genuine shitheads on maybe a single hand. possibly both, but i dunno.

I've got to say, I haven't seen any jerks so far. Everybody seems to be way overpowered compared to me and fine with me hanging around behind them and hoovering up experience. :3:

(Also, the chat window seems to be collapsed by default, so I never see anything anybody says.)

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

prefect posted:

I've got to say, I haven't seen any jerks so far. Everybody seems to be way overpowered compared to me and fine with me hanging around behind them and hoovering up experience. :3:

(Also, the chat window seems to be collapsed by default, so I never see anything anybody says.)

My chat randomly disconnects after a while and only reconnects when I try to speak, for the longest time I just thought people didn't talk much in Warframe.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

TheMostFrench posted:

My chat randomly disconnects after a while and only reconnects when I try to speak, for the longest time I just thought people didn't talk much in Warframe.

Yup, that's why I'm always . if the clan chat gets suspiciously silent

The weird is how the error changes. The most common is that it'll disconnect me during the entire gaming session, usually with the first right after I log in. But there are times when it disconnects me only once and never happens again. And once in a while it just doesn't happen.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

prefect posted:

Its pretty much expected thats there's going to be at least one or 2 people in a squad that basically achieves nothing, and that's ok because someone else is usually running something far more powerful than anything they could bring at that moment, right up until the endgame content.

Some days I like going to venus and just help newbies complete the 10 waves of defence usually with something particularly flashy. I kinda hope it gets them to start asking questions so they learn more.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'm getting more comfortable with Nova but still would like some advice. The builds at TennoWare are either ridiculously specific or 'neutral' which misses the entire point of playing with her in the first place.

This is what I ended up with but no idea if its going in the right way or I went off-road

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, rage is pretty pointless for nova. i'd suggest using constitution, instead. otherwise, that looks fine for now. as you level up those mods, use more forma to fit everything. another addition you can do eventually is to open the exilus slot, and put in power drift to hit the cap on slow. also, while i said that adaptation was completely optional on nova when you have molecular fission, that was before disruption came out. nova is good for disruption, but demolysts plus a whole lot of nullifiers in later rounds will kill your null star pretty often, leaving you vulnerable.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Samuringa posted:

I'm getting more comfortable with Nova but still would like some advice. The builds at TennoWare are either ridiculously specific or 'neutral' which misses the entire point of playing with her in the first place.

This is what I ended up with but no idea if its going in the right way or I went off-road

300% duration for both slowva and speedva, dumpster strength for speedva, 145ish for slowva, flow is good on her, power donation for speedva makes her a decent candidate for aura forma, adaptation isn't needed with a 90% damage reduction already on you from 300% duration.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Samuringa posted:

put a Mobility in the Exilus :colbert:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Every time Warframe updates I get the urge to play it again, even though every time I play it I end up binging it for a few days to a week and then drop it again because I'm sick of it.

Also I have over 300 hours. Why?!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jon Joe posted:

Every time Warframe updates I get the urge to play it again, even though every time I play it I end up binging it for a few days to a week and then drop it again because I'm sick of it.

afaik Steve said they designed it that way, so your feeling is normal and intended

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Yeah, the normal way to play is to play a lot for a short while and then not for about a month or two.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Is warframe builder uncool now? I've been using that if I have no idea how to build something

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Xun posted:

Is warframe builder uncool now? I've been using that if I have no idea how to build something

Then you're in good company because they have no idea either

Quincy80
Jul 3, 2012

Nalesh posted:

Oh for fucks sake DE I thought that had gotten fixed, you're right that's still a thing, good thing I didn't grab a riven yet.

Also after a bit of testing, I feel like either corr+blast or rad viral are both better than gas electric for it, corr+blast to strip armor from grineer, while rad+viral keeps them in the area for way longer just rifle butting each other even after the aoe ended. Hell you could even go rad toxin or rad cold.

Mainly since they can't be pulled closer while they're shocked.
I made a zero forma rad viral version for fun, no riven, no expensive mods, just a potato. Instant thunderdome, just add stick. Throw it onto the toughest thing around and you get a roving orgy of violence.

Thanks for the idea nerdz and for explaining the hidden electric damage on the altfire, it saved me a mod slot building the radiation proc.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Jon Joe posted:

Heh, I binged my way straight to 250 hours playing nothing else, to the point that I tried out Rage 2 and had to give up as I was reflexively trying to bullet jump everywhere.

I've burned out a bit and have only logged in the last few days so maybe a rest is due. I've got a sinking feeling that it'll be pulling me back again pretty soon, and probably until they close the servers

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Adolf Glitter posted:

Heh, I binged my way straight to 250 hours playing nothing else, to the point that I tried out Rage 2 and had to give up as I was reflexively trying to bullet jump everywhere.

I've burned out a bit and have only logged in the last few days so maybe a rest is due. I've got a sinking feeling that it'll be pulling me back again pretty soon, and probably until they close the servers

I know that feeling.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Samuringa posted:

Awesome! posted:

adaptation can be like flow or streamline or whatever
dont worry about the extra fast build, it requires an aura forma or a 2nd nova

the cap for slow is 145 str. you really want to get there.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Quincy80 posted:

I made a zero forma rad viral version for fun, no riven, no expensive mods, just a potato. Instant thunderdome, just add stick. Throw it onto the toughest thing around and you get a roving orgy of violence.

Thanks for the idea nerdz and for explaining the hidden electric damage on the altfire, it saved me a mod slot building the radiation proc.

Fwiw, alt fire (and extra elements) show up on the list to the left below the alt fire part. Currently not home so I can't check if Ferrox also has this, but most if not all weapons are this way.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Guess I'm potato'ing, forma'ing, and re-mastering my Rattleguts...

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Then you're in good company because they have no idea either

:crossarms: I mean...they're all community builds in the end? What makes tennoware the new hotness?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the interface on tennoware doesnt look it was designed by a first year comp sci student for one. you dont have to click to a stats page every time you change a mod. just a much better building site.

Quincy80
Jul 3, 2012

Seditiar posted:

Fwiw, alt fire (and extra elements) show up on the list to the left below the alt fire part. Currently not home so I can't check if Ferrox also has this, but most if not all weapons are this way.

If you look on the left of the picture where the numbers are you will see the heading Throw and that it lists Heat and Viral damage types. The weapon does produce Radiation procs when used, so yes there is hidden electricity damage.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Quincy80 posted:

If you look on the left of the picture where the numbers are you will see the heading Throw and that it lists Heat and Viral damage types. The weapon does produce Radiation procs when used, so yes there is hidden electricity damage.

Yes, but my point was the alt fire tab, below the Throw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Not too sure where I'm going with this build. I'm a fan of staying alive, but if there's anything that's more worth it for a Mesa build, I'm all ears.