Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SirSamVimes posted:

So does the class use a lot of crystals?
You can fill up to 3 at a time in a single go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

So randomly it looks like the Gunbreaker big cooldown is neat flavorwise it sets you to 1hp when you use it and you can't die for 8 seconds, but the cooldown being 420 seconds for a somewhat worse holmgang makes me wonder what the hell.

EDIT: As in if it's for a reason or if Holmgang is going to get a similar cooldown since it's very cheesable right now.

Gorelab fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 26, 2019

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Holmgang's immobilization is awkward and bad to me, and I don't know why it gets that restriction.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

That looks ridiculous but that's also a bit of an odd tweet, people having weird kinks and expressing them with games/art/text/whatever is extremely not unique to cishet men. You want massive horse dongs and erect man nipples in FFXIV and you will 100% find them in all shapes and sizes.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hogama fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 26, 2019

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what's an easy DPS class? I leveled SCH for built in SMN for things like MSQ, but I'm not a fan of how insane their rotation is and I'm not likely to change my mind in SHB

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

20 potency seems kinda low. Wonder what situation you'd want use Phoenix for this in?

Blast of Confetti posted:

what's an easy DPS class? I leveled SCH for built in SMN for things like MSQ, but I'm not a fan of how insane their rotation is and I'm not likely to change my mind in SHB

SMN isn't "easy" per se but it is very mobile and thus good in spite of how good you are at handling mechanics. Red Mage is a fairly simple DPS class that's generally said to have a low skill floor. It doesn't really have a set rotation; it's just about balancing your mana gauge then executing a melee combo when it gets high.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Red Mages seem like a popular choice for an easy DPS.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

I tried cleaning it up a bit

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idFM_aBZW3M

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Solovey posted:

the authentic bard experience is hammering peloton between every trash pull while completely forgetting palisade even exists, and that's facts tbh

anyway I was starting to get cold feet about fantasiaing my main to a viera, but then I got this out of the character creator and, yeah, pretty sure I'm going to spend my time in shadowbringers as a bunny

my rig isn't nearly as beefy as some other folks but it was still interesting to see that actually running the benchmark with this filter active still scored a Very High in the 5000's range, lmao

Is getting Stormshade to work in the benchmark as easy as just installing as you would with a real install?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

That is underwhelming, it's like largesse with defense buff. At least I'll use it more than plenary indulgence.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh no, Solovey, *what have you done*.

Cool guys don't look at explosions.... or back at the wall they just loving demolished with a fuckoff huge sword.

bbygurl looks so good in plate, yo

rassa...frassin.... stupid first shard problems....

No, I don't know how to get rid of the UI. My secret is that I have an ultrawide screen but since the benchmark runs pillarboxed 16:9 1080p even when told to run 21:9, there's less of it covering up the scene, which means I lose less scene when cropping it out.

That said, I am gonna have to tweak my poo poo, because holy crap, Il Mheg is gonna be loving insufferable with my usual screenshot preset rolling.

edit: bonus that I missed somehow.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 12:48 on May 26, 2019

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I crashed twice in the Aetherochemical Research Facility so far, both with this same error message.

Can someone help it not happen again?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I don't know guys, but I feel like I'm missing something here. Everyone seems so hyped about GNB after that job action while I felt all their spells/abilities effects looked super boring and underwhelming compared to all the other classes (even warrior)... Maybe there's some cool stuff mechanically, but visually it was just some sword slashes and some lame explosions.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
I just want them to make Gravity level 50. SE please, it's so awful doing level 50 stuff with AST :(

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Hommando posted:

That is underwhelming, it's like largesse with defense buff. At least I'll use it more than plenary indulgence.

That icon looks like it'll be the fancy wing ability. I'll be popping that whenever it goes off cd even if I'm not in a fight.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

I crashed twice in the Aetherochemical Research Facility so far, both with this same error message.

something similar happened on my janky old computer in Shisui before i replaced it and it was because my graphics card was acting up after a sleep wake, restarting fixed it in my case but ymmv

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SirSamVimes posted:

It's a kind of generic error and could be just about anything, but make sure all your drivers are up to date and that you're not having any crashes elsewhere. Maybe loop the benchmark for an hour or something.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012

Hommando posted:

Yeah, when I initially saw the bright wings I was hoping it was some sort of mode that did something a little more cool than that. Oh well, at least the effect still looks cool and having an extra one of those can probably be nice, especially with the defense buff.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Im really digging viera. And whoever said the face paint options look really good on them are totally true. they're all awesome.

Edit: My GBR hype is just because its a new tank and i love tanking, so its more options. Also it has a combo that gives an instant after every hit which is fun, but not as spammy as dark arts.

queeb fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 26, 2019

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005

Red Mage has already been recommended a few times but if you want to try a melee DPS class, Dragoon is fairly simple. You have a fairly long ability combo rotation but it is always fairly obvious which button you should be pressing next. The most complicated thing is needing to know when to hit your oGCD abilities but it’s no more complicated on DRG then any other DPS.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Pigbottom posted:

I don't know guys, but I feel like I'm missing something here. Everyone seems so hyped about GNB after that job action while I felt all their spells/abilities effects looked super boring and underwhelming compared to all the other classes (even warrior)... Maybe there's some cool stuff mechanically, but visually it was just some sword slashes and some lame explosions.

It's because you get a sword with a gun in it.

Y'all can post your Viera but I'll be over here with this wise old lion.

Twelve save the Queen!

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 26, 2019

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

That seems odd since they usually have the duration for DoT/HoT in multiples of 3 to match with server ticks.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Anyone know how long it takes for the job skip potions to raise 10 levels after an expansion hits? I'm considering getting a dragoon potion while they are on sale.

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010

brand engager posted:

That seems odd since they usually have the duration for DoT/HoT in multiples of 3 to match with server ticks.

It propably matches with the duration of the summon, meaning that the hot is there as long as the bird is.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MatteusTheCorrupt posted:

It propably matches with the duration of the summon, meaning that the hot is there as long as the bird is.

That's my guess, too. I could believe that every summon will have some passive buff or aoe effect while they're out, and phoenix's is a healing aura.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Anyone know how long it takes for the job skip potions to raise 10 levels after an expansion hits? I'm considering getting a dragoon potion while they are on sale.
This is the first expansion/level cap increase since they added the skip options so it's hard to tell.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Magil Zeal posted:

20 potency seems kinda low. Wonder what situation you'd want use Phoenix for this in?

Keep in mind that A) the version they were playing on is an old version, and potencies may have been adjusted on the live version, and B) non-healer cure potencies can be wildly misleading. Clemency is still 1,200 potency, even though it's not anywhere near that in "real" terms if you're doing a direct comparison with healer potencies.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

I find samurai nice and simple. You have three melee combos, each tied to your main resource. You have a finishing move based on what resources you've accumulated. Then have have a gauge that your attacks fill to use on ogcds. It might sound like a lot on paper but when you sit down with it, it's very intuitive.

It's extremely mobile, you don't need to double weave, and it find it plays smooth as butter. You don't need to keep timers like blood of the dragon or enochian so there are no penalties for downtime or chaotic mechanics.

And you drop giant sacks filled with 1080 potency Midare Setsugekka.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I find samurai nice and simple. You have three melee combos, each tied to your main resource. You have a finishing move based on what resources you've accumulated. Then have have a gauge that your attacks fill to use on ogcds. It might sound like a lot on paper but when you sit down with it, it's very intuitive.

It's extremely mobile, you don't need to double weave, and it find it plays smooth as butter. You don't need to keep timers like blood of the dragon or enochian so there are no penalties for downtime or chaotic mechanics.

And you drop giant sacks filled with 1080 potency Midare Setsugekka.

RDM is also really good for newbies. It's a priority system instead of a rotation: jolt -> aero and jolt -> thunder, stone or fire whenever you get a proc, then charge, melee combo, and backflip whenever you're at 80/80 or above, and finish with holy or flare if one mana is higher than the other. For aoe, spam scatter and charge -> moulinet -> backflip when at high mana. Use fleche and contre sixte on cooldown. And you have some nifty back pocket utility like the dualcast raise.

RDM flows very smoothly and is super easy to pick up and play.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Vermain posted:

Keep in mind that A) the version they were playing on is an old version, and potencies may have been adjusted on the live version, and B) non-healer cure potencies can be wildly misleading. Clemency is still 1,200 potency, even though it's not anywhere near that in "real" terms if you're doing a direct comparison with healer potencies.
This is the problem.
Physick is 400 cure potency. Vercure is 350. But a Summoner's Physick cures for less than 400 and a Vercure can heal for five digits. It depends on if they let it scale off of Int or not.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh no, Solovey, *what have you done*.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Got my WHM to i400, so now I have a backup plan for my backup plan (hi AST) in case SCH is RUINED FOREVER in Shadowbringers. Thanks for causing every single healer main to have a stroke, whoever translated the live letter! Also, I haven't messed around in /gpose in way too long.

Anyways I'm still mildly annoyed about Summoner, mostly because the bits of design that have leaked out seem kind of weird and disjointed and, god forbid, Bard-like, but I can hold off on complaining about it too much until they release more info. That said, I'm really, really not a fan of the devs overwriting it (and MCH) with entirely new jobs instead of tweaking the existing job. At best, it makes spending a couple of years learning the ins and outs of the job seem a bit pointless, and at worst the game starts to turn into WoW, where everything gets blown up every single expansion launch.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 26, 2019

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Cythereal posted:

RDM is also really good for newbies. It's a priority system instead of a rotation: jolt -> aero and jolt -> thunder, stone or fire whenever you get a proc, then charge, melee combo, and backflip whenever you're at 80/80 or above, and finish with holy or flare if one mana is higher than the other. For aoe, spam scatter and charge -> moulinet -> backflip when at high mana. Use fleche and contre sixte on cooldown. And you have some nifty back pocket utility like the dualcast raise.

RDM flows very smoothly and is super easy to pick up and play.

Yeah they did a good job with both of the Stormblood jobs. Their rotations both flow nicely, and they don't have to worry about timers or stacks falling off. That probably won't change come ShB either, so they should be forgiving in the future as well.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

SirSamVimes posted:

CYBEReris posted:

something similar happened on my janky old computer in Shisui before i replaced it and it was because my graphics card was acting up after a sleep wake, restarting fixed it in my case but ymmv

I get this about every six months for a couple of days, like CYBEReris said about the only fix is restarting until it stops. I could see the sleep bit being the cause since my GPU can't seem to resume from sleep properly and thus does all kinds of buggy poo poo afterwards.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
A few days ago I hit 50 and completed the Praetorium, but the quests after that have all been level 50. I did some googling and saw that there are a TON of level 50 quests before the Heavensward content...do I really have to do all of these level 50 quests first? It is frustrating running all over the place and hardly getting any xp.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unfortunately, yes. You can buy a story skip, but that would skip Heavensward too, and HW has some great story content. Those 50 quests (ARR Quests) eventually pick up, but it took me a good few months to work up the will to plow through them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

remigious posted:

A few days ago I hit 50 and completed the Praetorium, but the quests after that have all been level 50. I did some googling and saw that there are a TON of level 50 quests before the Heavensward content...do I really have to do all of these level 50 quests first? It is frustrating running all over the place and hardly getting any xp.

Those quests bridge the gap between the expansions. You have to do all of them.