Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Some one consuming literally two dollars worth of gold?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

You can buy a booklet of gold leaf sheets at any Michael’s for like twenty bucks.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

Some one consuming literally two dollars worth of gold?!

lol. they charge $1000 for 50 of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCpgTJVVIHw

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/yfv0A9d.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/uFPGZAg.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/V91wFiI.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/oINZQbD.mp4

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

CurbYourEnthusiasm.mp3

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

The gently caress is that at 3 o' clock? An icecube? Rambutan jelly? Block of zero calorie konjac rubber?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

shadow of the phone

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My money is on lychee

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I got some spicy cheese tamales tonight, I really want to like them but that wet sand texture is so loving gross. It's like cous cous. I loving hate cous cous. People who eat it must be freaks.

Ughhhh why can't I just like tamales?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

empty sea posted:

I got some spicy cheese tamales tonight, I really want to like them but that wet sand texture is so loving gross. It's like cous cous. I loving hate cous cous. People who eat it must be freaks.

It depends on the masa they use to make the tamales. Some arent as finely ground as others. Cous cous is just pasta.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

empty sea posted:

Every tamale you've eaten is garbage.

Doesn't solve your problem but that's what it is.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

empty sea posted:

Try spicy cheese grits instead

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Must really be loving up the masa to get that consistency.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Or being a skinflint and using cheap cornmeal.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I mean, some people just don’t like tamales (my stupid husband) but tamales aren’t supposed to have the same consistency as couscous, so those sound like bad tamales.

On the third hand, couscous is delicious so :shrug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:sever:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/demanrisu/status/1132165637755682816

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Seconded.

If the masa texture is right you can season and fill them from flyover state boiled hamburger and potato bland, volcanic diarrhea hot and spicy, or my liver just exploded sugary.

Not finding a tamale you don't like is like hating all pizzas or driving a PT Cruiser, you just want to be miserable and hate being alive.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Don't eat the husks, empty sea.

Otherwise you're eating some miserable tamales.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

What the gently caress?

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

JGdmn posted:

Don't eat the husks, empty sea.

Otherwise you're eating some miserable tamales.

That reminds me a story my mom told me about when she was a kid. She went to a friend's house and had dinner. They served tail-on shrimp, she had never eaten shrimp before. At the end of the meal everyone else had a pile of shrimp tails on their plate, but hers was empty because nobody told her you don't eat the entire shrimp. Imagine being that embarrassed, yikes. On top of the faux pas, you have shown that you are poor enough to have never seen shrimp as a food in your whole life.

Don't eat the shrimp tails, don't eat the tamale husks, don't drink the bong water. This public service announcement brought to you by SomethingAwful.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Schubalts posted:

What the gently caress?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Schubalts posted:

What the gently caress?

Shrimp, lobster, and crab are the bugs of the sea, what's the difference?

franco
Jan 3, 2003

WITCHCRAFT posted:

That reminds me a story my mom told me about when she was a kid. She went to a friend's house and had dinner. They served tail-on shrimp, she had never eaten shrimp before. At the end of the meal everyone else had a pile of shrimp tails on their plate, but hers was empty because nobody told her you don't eat the entire shrimp. Imagine being that embarrassed, yikes. On top of the faux pas, you have shown that you are poor enough to have never seen shrimp as a food in your whole life.

Which in turn reminds me of a couple of anecdotes that UK comedian Frank Skinner tells:

He grew up in 1960s Britain in a poor, working class household. When he got his first middle-class, relatively posh, girlfriend, her family invited him around for tea/dinner. They'd made a spaghetti bolognese (super-exotic for the UK at the time as I'm sure you can imagine :eyepop: ) and he got the dried bay leaf in his portion. Not knowing any better, or what the hell it was, he dutifully ate it to many raised eyebrows. He describes it as "like eating a small medieval shield...".

Around the same time they'd all gone out to some kind of formal function and the starter was gazpacho soup. No prizes for guessing who meekly asked to have his sent back because it was cold. He gives full props to the caterers as they didn't say a word AND sent it back piping hot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Red Dwarf did the soup one better

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I have a friend who once ate whole edamame with the pod because he thought it was green beans.

When we explained him how to eat the soja beans he insisted eating the whole pod wasn't that bad

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

edamame has a near plastic-like layer inside them though. :|

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

Shrimp, lobster, and crab are the bugs of the sea, what's the difference?
I eat chicken but I don't eat vulture.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzS1TNooRls

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Red Dwarf did the soup one better

Well, like all anecdotes, it could be entirely made up, but he doesn't tell it as a comedy "bit" :shrug:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I have a friend who once ate whole edamame with the pod because he thought it was green beans.

When we explained him how to eat the soja beans he insisted eating the whole pod wasn't that bad

My parents did the same thing when they went to Japan, and didn't bring it up until I ordered some edamame pods at a restaurant a while later when they were back home because they thought I'd hate them.

I can't remember if it's a stand-up bit or someone just retelling via post, but anyone else remember the dude who would collect up everyone else's empty pods and eat them? :gonk:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

dregan posted:

I tell you I get no respect, no respect at all

Content:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I keep hearing about how you don't eat the lime leaves in Thai curries but they're a delicious burst of citrus flavour, if I see a lime leaf I'm having that

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My Lovely Horse posted:

I keep hearing about how you don't eat the lime leaves in Thai curries but they're a delicious burst of citrus flavour, if I see a lime leaf I'm having that

People are always telling me "don't eat this, don't eat that." Don't eat the lime leaf, don't eat the chunk of raw ginger, don't eat the whole birdseye chilies, don't eat the bay leaf soaked in juices. gently caress yourself, I'm eating it ALL

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/nedroid/status/1094302162555990020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Don't eat the shrimp tails, don't eat the tamale husks, don't drink the bong water. This public service announcement brought to you by SomethingAwful.

I did that with my first roasted chestnut. Didn’t know you were supposed to shell them after being handed the bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pyrotoad posted:

My parents did the same thing when they went to Japan, and didn't bring it up until I ordered some edamame pods at a restaurant a while later when they were back home because they thought I'd hate them.

I can't remember if it's a stand-up bit or someone just retelling via post, but anyone else remember the dude who would collect up everyone else's empty pods and eat them? :gonk:

I only know this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hxcrg_4jX8