Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The best part of people losing their poo poo about this is that it's literally a scene from Terminator 2 with the lead swapped to a lady, but I bet they all love Arnold in that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Guardians of the Galaxy opens with Chris Pratt kicking small animals for fun.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Superman hosed up a dude's truck because he was rude to a lady friend of his in Man of Steel.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

David D. Davidson posted:

Superman hosed up a dude's truck because he was rude to a lady friend of his in Man of Steel.

Also the majority of Superman Returns.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

Are we talking giant spikes/fin, or just the stupid shaved sides?

Fin with close cropped sides

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Vince MechMahon posted:

The best part of people losing their poo poo about this is that it's literally a scene from Terminator 2 with the lead swapped to a lady, but I bet they all love Arnold in that movie.

Sarah conner is sjw pandering

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I know priest is a legend in the community and everything but i can't believe he felt the need to say this in a published interview lol

https://www.newsarama.com/45281-christopher-priest-on-vampirella.html posted:

It’s like the world woke up in the last few years and realized we actually have two genders and both of them matter.

So we now have heightened scrutiny of themes and behaviors and that poor bastard Joe Biden gets caught up in the switches. I’ll confess, I’m terrified of women because I’m a Joe Biden. I was taught to pay a lady a compliment and open doors and I want to be friendly and accessible but I’m absolutely terrified of having my good intentions taken in a bizarrely paranoid light.

It is comical to me that I am far too often seen as creepy by women - especially black women - because they have been conditioned by their personal experience and their media consumption to misinterpret a simple "Hello." These days I cannot pay a woman a complement without a legal preamble and assurances that, no, I am not hitting on you and even then I get the skunk eye of suspicion.

Which is a little insulting because this “guilty until proven innocent” defensive posture presumes I am other people or that the bar is set so low for me that I’ll jump into bed with just anybody I happen to meet. It’s like we’ve just gone too far now to the point where women are not just being protected but being alienated to some extent because I have no earthly clue how to deal with them and I’m frankly scared to shake their hand.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

site posted:

I know priest is a legend in the community and everything but i can't believe he felt the need to say this in a published interview lol

I'm a fugly looking fat gently caress and I'll be honest I'm not the most lucky with women, shocker I know. I don't think I've ever had any experience like this person is describing because these are the ramblings of a paranoid individual who is a few words removed from blaming feminism for his relationships problems.

Also, as a questioning trans women, the "there are two genders" thing pisses me off.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

site posted:

"I'm terrified of women because I can't stop advancing on them in ways they disapprove of, the women are at fault in this scenario"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"I am so upset that I have to think about the person I'm interacting with as a person."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Aren't there two Christopher Priests in comics? Are we sure this is the good one?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Is he saying "Hello" while waggling his eyebrows or something. What's going on with this guy, I've never gotten into trouble saying hello to anyone. The worst they'll do is just not say anything back.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Viridiant posted:

Is he saying "Hello" while waggling his eyebrows or something. What's going on with this guy, I've never gotten into trouble saying hello to anyone. The worst they'll do is just not say anything back.

To some of these chuds, that's an insult. They need attention to live.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Viridiant posted:

This has come up before and I really really genuinely 100% can not understand it. (Not you, the people who say this stuff.)

You interact with people as people and you don't have problems. This issue always seems to begin with the idea that women are mysterious aliens who you have to treat special and not... you know, human beings who you interact the same way as you would any other human being. If you wouldn't start suddenly massaging a man's neck without his permission then don't do it to a woman because women are not strange alien beings from beyond the stars!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Skwirl posted:

Aren't there two Christopher Priests in comics? Are we sure this is the good one?

yeah, it's the Black Panther one

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skwirl posted:

Priest has his head on straight about a few different things, but he's also an ordained Baptist minister in his 50s. Dude's not gonna bat 100%.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-26/comic-book-legend-stan-lees-manager-arrested-over-elder-abuse/11150910

Stan Lee's manager arrested for elder abuse among other things

quote:

A former business manager of Stan Lee was arrested on Saturday (local time) on elder abuse charges involving the late comic book legend.

Key points:
Stan Lee, creator of Spiderman and other superheroes, died in November at the age of 95
His manager faces charges including false imprisonment of an elder adult
Police say Mr Morgan pocketed more than $262,000 from autograph signing sessions Lee did
Keya Morgan was taken into custody in Arizona on an outstanding arrest warrant after being charged by Los Angeles County prosecutors earlier this month.

Mr Morgan faces felony charges including theft, embezzlement, forgery or fraud against an elder adult, and false imprisonment of an elder adult.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Eesh, poor Stan.

And for all those nutters going on about there only being two genders, I say they don't go far enough! The world is best when there is only ONE gender! i.e. Citizen.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Samovar posted:

Eesh, poor Stan.

And for all those nutters going on about there only being two genders, I say they don't go far enough! The world is best when there is only ONE gender! i.e. Citizen.

You really didnt think this through before clicking post, did you

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Dear god, sinfest has gone places.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Discendo Vox posted:

Dear god, sinfest has gone places.

The web comic that was basically "what if Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes swore"? It always had a libertarian bent so going into a right wing tailspin isn't super surprising.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Skwirl posted:

The web comic that was basically "what if Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes swore"? It always had a libertarian bent so going into a right wing tailspin isn't super surprising.

It's way weirder than that.

It started a pretty aggressive second wave feminism tailspin like a decade ago and started dropping SWERF-y (sex worker exclusionary rad feminist) takes left and right. For the past few months it's gotten aggressively TERF-y (trans exclusionary rad feminist) to the point that the creator shut down his old forums once posters there realized what he was doing, and he made a new forum where discussion of that is banned.

The comic itself is pretty much just incoherent reiterations of fringe and exclusionary feminist theories now.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Today's (5/26/2019) comic is like something out of a Dees painting, only with (frustratingly) better color composition. How does someone get brainworms this bad?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just looked it up, how did this

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2000-01-17

Turn into this

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2019-05-24

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Two decades of learning the wrong lessons is how I'd say that happens.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What the poo poo.

I wasn't expecting something that utterly blatant.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Was it that guy or Scott Kurtz who was obsessed with getting syndication back when webcomics were still absolutely not a stable career and getting into a newspaper was the golden path? Maybe that broke his brain.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

“I wish the sinfest guy had more respect for women”

*a single finger on the monkey’s paw curls closed*

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Well, if we're linking this stuff, here's the one from today that had me making a dees comparison.

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2019-05-26

In all this discussion of misogynist comics psychos who are hilariously incompetent, it's worth remembering that there are also plently of people out there with a combination of talent and utter terminal brainworms.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pierson posted:

Was it that guy or Scott Kurtz who was obsessed with getting syndication back when webcomics were still absolutely not a stable career and getting into a newspaper was the golden path? Maybe that broke his brain.

Scott Kurtz. He's was super concerned with getting approval from syndicated cartoonists for a long time. He had a realization that they were stodgy old-timers at some point though and seems at peace with it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Pierson posted:

Kurtz.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pierson posted:

Scott Kurtz, which lead to a hilarious feud with the Non-Sequiter guy.

The diesel sweeties guy got syndicated and realized he made more money doing the strip for free and coming up with a new quirky nerd t shirt every couple months.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Skwirl posted:

Scott Kurtz, which lead to a hilarious feud with the Non-Sequiter guy.

To be fair, who did Wiley not start poo poo with. I remember him being pissed Berkeley Breathed came back to comics and instantly surpassed him in popularity.

Twice.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Scott Kurtz. He's was super concerned with getting approval from syndicated cartoonists for a long time. He had a realization that they were stodgy old-timers at some point though and seems at peace with it.

Then went through a phase of trying to be a stodgy old-timer against the webcomics folks who came after him. Not sure if he's grown out of that now or has just slipped into irrelevance. Some of his advice had good intentions but he had a knack for finding the worst way to say anything.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I know Kurtz is the reason Wil Wheaton doesn't do any Acquisitions Incorporated stuff anymore, but did he have a falling out with one or both of the Penny Arcade guys, too?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kurtz and the PA folks have fallen out and back in so many times I don't even know anymore.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I know Kurtz is the reason Wil Wheaton doesn't do any Acquisitions Incorporated stuff anymore, but did he have a falling out with one or both of the Penny Arcade guys, too?

Gabe not getting along with somebody? Heaven forbid.

Hadn't heard about Kurtz and Wheaton, though. Not that it's shocking. I don't think Kurtz met a bridge he wouldn't burn.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Well, if we're linking this stuff, here's the one from today that had me making a dees comparison.

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2019-05-26

In all this discussion of misogynist comics psychos who are hilariously incompetent, it's worth remembering that there are also plently of people out there with a combination of talent and utter terminal brainworms.

What the hell is the joke with "Bomfitol"?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Skwirl posted:

The diesel sweeties guy got syndicated

Did that ever show up in newspapers? I cannot fathom how that comic could have been next to Garfield or Marmaduke. Unless I'm remembering the wrong comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Kurtz seems like he's still on fairly good terms with the Penny Arcade guys. He's still selling Pinny Arcade stuff on his site, and he gave a good reason for wanting to leave and do his own thing.

http://pvponline.com/news/why-i-split-the-party

Buuut, as far as Wheaton goes, Wil said himself that Kurtz was repeatedly acting like an rear end in a top hat to him and 'people he loves', and Kurtz and Kris Straub also had a huge falling out, so I can see that causing strife with Mike and Jerry too. :shrug: