Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

RBX posted:

I don't understand the point of bringing all of that up anyway

look if he doesn't apologise to me, some rando on the other side of the world, personally, for something that had nothing to do with me he is a garbage person forever and ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Feel however you want about it. Obviously some people react stronger to domestic stuff than others. It’s cool. Just don’t use it to be an aggressive dick about stuff.

I think it’s important to remember that upscale money wise dudes like him get more chances than us plebs. Let’s be real, what white redneck hasn’t hit their wives? Like in some areas not hitting your wife is kind of saintly virtue to strive for. It’s hosed up.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

coconono posted:

Feel however you want about it. Obviously some people react stronger to domestic stuff than others. It’s cool. Just don’t use it to be an aggressive dick about stuff.

I think it’s important to remember that upscale money wise dudes like him get more chances than us plebs. Let’s be real, what white redneck hasn’t hit their wives? Like in some areas not hitting your wife is kind of saintly virtue to strive for. It’s hosed up.

I've been in a relationship with the same woman for 17 years. Her relationship previous to ours saw her the victim of a fair bit of physical abuse, and I carried that rage with me for a long time, like I failed to save her or something brave and chivalrous like that. So I don't take DV poo poo lightly. It just gets annoying when people try to detail a conversation with the same poo poo over and over. It's very clever. Great job.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DangerDummy! posted:

Me neither. But you mention his name and someone always has to say "yeah well he hit his wife that time". Just assume we already know and move on, man.

It's not something he did "that time." He did it two women. When he did it to Debra he refused to turn himself in that night and still only got a fine and probation. I love his show when I listen but then I eventually think "This piece of poo poo beat two women."

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

It's not something he did "that time." He did it two women. When he did it to Debra he refused to turn himself in that night and still only got a fine and probation. I love his show when I listen but then I eventually think "This piece of poo poo beat two women."

I know. I made my case terribly and I'm gonna pull the ripcord on my part of this conversation. Talking to people on the internet about serious stuff rarely goes my way.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Are we really doing this. Let's not.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's fair game to bring up that Austin beat up his wife at least once that we know of. It doesn't negate that he appears to be a much happier, peaceful and better person nowadays than he was at 20 years ago when by his own admission he was at the very least heavy into alcohol. But it also isn't something that should be glossed over or forgotten just because he happens to be such an entertaining guy that everybody seems to like. He certainly appears to have made extreme lifestyle changes for the better, but we have no idea (nor are we owed) if he made or even attempted to make any kind of amends/apology to Debra beyond court-ordered ones. Despite his public persona he does clearly strictly value his privacy and that is going to invite supposition, some of it informed, some not. I'd just avoid making any blanket statements one way or the other about him since we simply don't know what if anything he did to attempt to make amends - he seems to be a much better person in a much better place, and I hope he is.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i've got only one question about today's WOR: canek beat andre the giant????

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DangerDummy! posted:

Me neither. But you mention his name and someone always has to say "yeah well he hit his wife that time". Just assume we already know and move on, man.

Did you know HHH is fond of Hulk Hogan?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The HHH stands for Hulk Hogan is my, Paul Levesque, but also the character I portray on television, Hunter Hearst Helmsley's, Hero.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

i've got only one question about today's WOR: canek beat andre the giant????

Slammed him, too

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

VJeff posted:

Did you know HHH is fond of Hulk Hogan?

I did not, but there's a rumor going around that Ali is or was a cop.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jerusalem posted:

The HHH stands for Hulk Hogan is my, Paul Levesque, but also the character I portray on television, Hunter Hearst Helmsley's, Hero.

J-Ru to Bret Hart: you don't know poo poo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If you are a Lapsed Fan listener you'll get JP being chopped:

https://twitter.com/TheLapsedFan/status/1132061315919310848

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

forget dale jr, the big guest on that list is sal motherfuckin vulcano

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ProperJam/status/1132195977840848896?s=19

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dave looks more and more like a bodybuilding gnome as he ages.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Deleted

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dave looks more and more like a bodybuilding gnome as he ages.

Visit bluechew.com and use the promo code: SCOOPZ

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1132516853371232256

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1132466830595911680

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
It’s the 2 hottest free agents in wrestling!!

https://twitter.com/cwebb619/status/1132436549348581376

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Listening to WOR on Double or Nothing. Dave is so happy and full of energy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Even Bryan's description on the download page is fired up, super-pumped and excited :3:

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

It's nice to see this level of enthusiasm from the guys, especially with everything else lately.

Now, here come a billion Twitter people talking about how co-opted they are...

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Dave hit all the dave marks, surrounded by young women, don muraco but its great those two were pumped rather than the sigh lets get this over with wwe main shows are these days.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

had a chortle at "A bunch of Delirii" on WOR

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

The Croc posted:

Dave hit all the dave marks, surrounded by young women, don muraco but its great those two were pumped rather than the sigh lets get this over with wwe main shows are these days.

Excitedly reporting how much his son's girlfriend liked the joshi match was a top tier Dave moment

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They found three female Wrestling fans at Starrcast

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1132848667969245184

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope they got the girl that went beast mode on the live q&a

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The girl who has only been to two shows owns.

"STOP BEATING UP KENNY! BEAT UP THE OTHER GUY!"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dave low key hitting a flex in that picture.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dave low key hitting a flex in that picture.

No that's just his natty look

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Can somebody who listened tell me how cringy it is? The San Jose Steamroller on a show about womens’ wrestling habits sounds like a potential disaster. :ohdear:

Also, what the hell do we have to do to get Dave & Vinny on a show together? It’s been over a decade!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was a really fun listen I thought, Dave only steamrollers at one point and everybody laughs about it, because Bryan tells him to wait his turn and he agrees and then keeps talking anyway. One of the fans makes a really strong push at the end encouraging people to get out to wrestling shows and meet the fans because she's had nothing but good experiences with people being really friendly and open to just enjoying this beautiful, dumb, ridiculous, wonderful thing called pro-wrestling :)

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Credit where credit is due, this is a very cool thing they’ve done. Excited to listen to it.

Is one of those three women the one from the q and a? She seemed extremely savvy.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rovert posted:

They found three female Wrestling fans at Starrcast

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1132848667969245184

Drop this attitude

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the row behind me at the show was four british women who flew in for the show. they were goin crazy for the best friends and the young bucks. although now that i think about it i think they might have been wrestlers

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jerusalem posted:

The girl who has only been to two shows owns.

"STOP BEATING UP KENNY! BEAT UP THE OTHER GUY!"

I think that's Dave's son's girlfriend. She sounds like a lovely person and had a fun take. I'd love for Garrett to get Cody and his girlfriend on a show sometime in the future to get their experiences on wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's the connection between Garrett and Cody Meltz?