Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'm stuck on Amygdala, Ebrietas, and lower Pthumeru undead giant all at the same time, this game is loving impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm stuck on Amygdala, Ebrietas, and lower Pthumeru undead giant all at the same time, this game is loving impossible

all three of those guys are optional (and amygdala is way more manageable than she looks, her head is hilariously vulnerable to strong ranged attacks)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm stuck on Amygdala

Stay to the sides and hit the thighs. learn the tell for the stomp attack and back off when it starts. if it jumps, run towards where it was and turn around

quote:

Ebrietas,

Learning the timing for the charge move is the most important, it's possible to dodge completely through it and take no damage/end up in a place where you can hit a couple of times

quote:

and lower Pthumeru undead giant

There's no clever trick here, you just have to back way off after chipping away a bit because of his huge reach.

And yeah, if you really don't want to bother there should be a fourth option that doesn't lead to any of them but instead the rest of the story (continue to explore Yahargul beyond the point where you found the cathedral key).

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Anora posted:

Is that Dauntless game new, or has it been out for a while?

It feels like a less-good Monster Hunter, not bad, just unrefined.

The game has been out on PC for about a year I think, running from its own launcher. Recently it got grabbed as an Epic Games exclusive, and as part of that just released a week ago on consoles with cross play between all of consoles and PC.

It is on the same genre as MH, but more arcadey and simple. There are some things in it that I like, but i feel it lacks the depth and long-term staying power of something like MH World. That said, it's decently fun in its own way.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dauntless is like 30% as good as MH:World outside of its matchmaking and quest systems where its massively better. Being 30% as good as MH:World still makes it the second best game in the genre by a huge margin

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

the second half of darkwood is an endurance trial if you're not enough of a Bad Dude to successfully pull off the quick-skip (and you will absolutely not be unless you looked at a step-by-step guide beforehand)

Can you give me an idea of how to get the keys to get out of the first area? I've been in the very first section (not just the first map, but the first area that you can freely explore) for like 7 days and have no idea how to get past the locked doors that block the rest of the area.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Am I right in understanding Sony finally implemented region changing for PSN accounts or does that only apply for people moving around within the EU? I know a while back if you moved abroad they just told you to make a new account.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RE7 is awesome

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SUNKOS posted:

Am I right in understanding Sony finally implemented region changing for PSN accounts or does that only apply for people moving around within the EU? I know a while back if you moved abroad they just told you to make a new account.
I hadn't heard anything, but I only pay attention to stuff between Japan and the US. Once I called them and they made it pretty clear that ths PSN just plain didn't work that way. But of course, they said the same thing about changing usernames...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Can you give me an idea of how to get the keys to get out of the first area? I've been in the very first section (not just the first map, but the first area that you can freely explore) for like 7 days and have no idea how to get past the locked doors that block the rest of the area.

e: oh n/m, you mean getting out of the dry meadow, hold on

there are two exits from the dry meadow zone. one is a house that has people nervously talking inside - you can't get through that one, the door only opens from the other side. the other is a dark house infested by worms. if you burn them away with the provided gasoline and molotovs and poke around the place then the exit should make itself known eventually.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 27, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Imhotep posted:

https://youtu.be/0-vGNxS1MDI
Vaati has known about the George RR Martin and Miyazaki collab for a couple of years, drat. He says the details weren’t known, or the ones that various articles have mentioned, basically everything except the fact that it’s GRRM and Miyazaki. I don’t even watch GoT or read the books but Miyazaki can’t make game without an interesting story, and From combat will make an open world style game fun for me.

sounds awsome. too bad i am awful at From games. :(

Rinkles posted:

Death Stranding, upcoming Sony funded Kojima game. The rope is an allusion to Kojima wanting a game with less "sticks" (a metaphor for violence being the central interaction in most video games) and more "rope" (something that connects or binds characters).

i am genuinly curious to see what the game is about and it wouldnt surprise me if its just released one day out of the blue.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

RE7 is awesome

:hai:
The first few hours are maybe the most fun I've had in a game in years.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah RE7 owns and is easily as good as Remake 2 imo.

Oxxidation posted:

e: oh n/m, you mean getting out of the dry meadow, hold on

there are two exits from the dry meadow zone. one is a house that has people nervously talking inside - you can't get through that one, the door only opens from the other side. the other is a dark house infested by worms. if you burn them away with the provided gasoline and molotovs and poke around the place then the exit should make itself known eventually.

Thank you.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Space Panda posted:

Is it possible death stranding could be 2019’s big Sony release? I just find it tough to believe song is not going to release anything in 2019. Could be they skipped E3 because they had nothing but I am still clinging to hope that death stranding or the last of us 2 make it out in 2019.

The big game this years is probably going to be Last of us 2.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lambert posted:

The big game this years is probably going to be Last of us 2.

It will also be 2020's big game in the form of a ps5 remaster all of you double dip on.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

RE7 is awesome

I just finished this last night, what a fuckin ride oh my god. I even liked the last third that was supposedly the weak part.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Barudak posted:

It will also be 2020's big game in the form of a ps5 remaster all of you double dip on.

I will prolly quadruple dip on that poo poo, just like the first game. :rip:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/1132953645119442946?s=19

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm creating rope rn, Kojima

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Good luck

Hideo Kojima.

- Vic JBP.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

If Kojima tells me to create the rope, then I'm going to create the rope for him

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
nioh 2 alpha is fun. well see ya

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I will prolly quadruple dip on that poo poo, just like the first game. :rip:

Goddamit you and the people who bought GTAV 6 times are killing me over here

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol just lol if you haven't bought Resi4 on at least seventeen systems

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
What are the opinions about the DLC for the Surge?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Barudak posted:

Goddamit you and the people who bought GTAV 6 times are killing me over here

I bought GTA V three times: For my PS3, on PS4 and on PC.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

kanonvandekempen posted:

What are the opinions about the DLC for the Surge?

The amusement park one is incredible, probably the best content in the game. The old west one is just weird challenge rooms and is pretty skip-able IMO.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So far I've bought GTA V 0 times

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol just lol if you haven't bought Resi4 on at least seventeen systems

Resi4 is going to be the new DOOM being ported everywhere, we're going to be playing it in 2030 using broken watches found on the abandoned shelter

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lambert posted:

I bought GTA V three times: For my PS3, on PS4 and on PC.

There was a goon who admitted to buying it on the 360, Ps3, Ps4, and PC twice and only didnt buy it for the Bone because it didnt have X enhancements.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Barudak posted:

There was a goon who admitted to buying it on the 360, Ps3, Ps4, and PC twice and only didnt buy it for the Bone because it didnt have X enhancements.

Pc twice?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Pc twice?

New copies on PC came with some amount of ingame currency and it was cheaper to buy a copy of the game + the ingame currency than the ingame currency by itself.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Uncharted 4 talk:

This game took me 29 hours to beat, I find that it pretty incredible for an Uncharted game.... however, the game is anything but incredible. Characters and story are fantastic, gameplay is just... abysmal. Or, what you can label as gameplay is. Pushing crates, getting step-ups from other characters, the blatantly brain-dead climbing... especially at the very end. The game just doesn't want to loving end. Like, just end! Does Nate really need another section of pointless activity to find Sam? The gameplay doesn't contribute to the story at all. It's just static environment after static environment, no matter how beautiful the scenery is. And boy is it.

This is all old hat obviously, everyone knows how Uncharted is. But 4, because of its length, really really began to wear on me.

Funnily enough, I think the multiplayer is the best part of this game. Fun, simple, fast and feels really good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Uncharted 4 talk:

This game took me 29 hours to beat, I find that it pretty incredible for an Uncharted game.... however, the game is anything but incredible. Characters and story are fantastic, gameplay is just... abysmal. Or, what you can label as gameplay is. Pushing crates, getting step-ups from other characters, the blatantly brain-dead climbing... especially at the very end. The game just doesn't want to loving end. Like, just end! Does Nate really need another section of pointless activity to find Sam? The gameplay doesn't contribute to the story at all. It's just static environment after static environment, no matter how beautiful the scenery is. And boy is it.

This is all old hat obviously, everyone knows how Uncharted is. But 4, because of its length, really really began to wear on me.

Funnily enough, I think the multiplayer is the best part of this game. Fun, simple, fast and feels really good.

Lost Legacy is low-key the best Uncharted because it knows when to end.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

So far I've bought GTA V 0 times

It honestly sucks and it’s not as well written as San Andreas, or as fun as San Andreas, and the radio stations in GTAV suck a bobcat’s rear end

Honestly I was 1 foot out the door on Rockstar and after RDR2 they are no longer on my list of companies to get excited by.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

exquisite tea posted:

Lost Legacy is low-key the best Uncharted because it knows when to end.

Unfortunately it didn't know how to start

Edit: here have a 10 minute cutscene followed by crawling at waking pace through a crowd of people for 10 minutes *yawn*

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Inspector Hound posted:

For Ebrietas if you summon the NPC hunter before the fight it gets waaaaaay easier.because they'll pelt her with long range stuff which makes it easier for you to stay right behind her. Like, literally, get between her forked tail thing directly behind her and her own movements will keep you there.

I was stuck on the Undead Giant forever too, the one thing that worked for me was to stay far away and use up my oil urns+molotovs and then whatever other long range stuff you have. It has that pustule thing on its right hip you can hit which takes off a good chunk of its life and staggers it a little. You want to not get close and pop that til its life is lower so when it's at its most dangerous you can finish it off quickly. I prefer to lock on and run towards its left so it does that swing with it's arm blade, dodge into that and you'll be directly behind him and able to hit the weak spot with anu of the horizontal swinging weapons.

With Amygdala, besides the head being very vulnerable to projectiles, consider using a weapon/form that has a high reaching overhead swing like the tranformed cleaver R1. This way you can hang out under it's body to be a little safer, then swing towards its head. This boss is waaay easier for me if I don't lock onto it.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 27, 2019

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

My rope is ready

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Amygdala: Bone Ash, shoot her head

Ebriatas: Get in her butt. If you’re in her butt tentacles she like only has one attack that hits you

Undead Giant 2: Pop his tumors for a stagger and maybe a backstab if you’re lucky, but this fight sucks and you really have to really on chip damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1132986092779646976?s=21

👀👀👀👀