Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

yeah those cards are really boring. hopefully the seals will be somewhat interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Vermain posted:

I just want to know what the loving AST seals are for!!! Argh!!!!
I've heard suggestion that at least one combination is for a party-wide 6% damage buff. So instead of fishing for a Spread Balance, you try and line up your seals instead. Though I don't know if it was just idle speculation or a leaker being coy.

Also, apparently Royal Authority now has a 50% chance of granting a Sword Oath buff, which is why this wouldn't be in conflict with losing it as a stance.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 27, 2019

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Another totally generic DoT for Scholars? Sign me up.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Clarste posted:

Another totally generic DoT for Scholars? Sign me up.

This but unironically

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

And yet, Enochan, Fire Iv, and Blizzard IV appear to still be separate buttons. Curious

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So all of the ninja stuff just seems to be new variants of existing mudras? I was kind of hoping for some kind of Ten Chi Jin rework or something.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Aetherflow is level 45 now?

Edit: I also see a distinct lack of Bane, Miasma 1 or 2, or Shadow Flare.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 27, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SAM needs fewer buttons to be a little more controller-friendly. BLM still the controller king.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Where are people getting the class changes from? Is there a compilation somewhere?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Captain Cappy posted:

Where are people getting the class changes from? Is there a compilation somewhere?

4chan

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Any idea what Art of War is?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Any idea what Art of War is?
It's the Miasma II replacement, bit higher upfront potency, no DoT.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

It's a spammable aoe nuke.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh well that works for me.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
do we have the new blm actions yet?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Remember that 800MP is out of a flat 10k so spamming is gonna be expensive.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
of course the machinist robot is named Queen

this expansion rules

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

do we have the new blm actions yet?

All, or at least most, of the new blm actions were shown during the live letter gameplay demonstration. You can see them here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ygOuLAyavlPKjiyFyjZa36PPFbZcrXSqEd9R2HFg2Mk/preview

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is there any collection of all these so far that doesn't involve visiting 4chan?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Is there any collection of all these so far that doesn't involve visiting 4chan?

this thread

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Clarste posted:

Aetherflow is level 45 now?

Edit: I also see a distinct lack of Bane, Miasma 1 or 2, or Shadow Flare.

Looks like they're standardizing things down across the healer classes so that you've got a single DoT + cast spell for your rotation and an AoE spell of some sort. I'm fine with having one less DoT to maintain, as long as the other elements of the class are more involved. Stormblood AST only had a single DoT but was by far the most fun healer to play for me.

(I'd also bet that Invocation is SCH's equivalent to Afflatus.)

Vermain fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 27, 2019

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hogama fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 27, 2019

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So all of the ninja stuff just seems to be new variants of existing mudras? I was kind of hoping for some kind of Ten Chi Jin rework or something.

My guess is whatever they did to make dancer steps not feel like poo poo is an indirect upgrade for ninja mudras. Ten Chi Jin also only really needed to fire off the ninjutsu as soon as you hit the mudra to not feel like garbo. It's twice as many button presses as it needs to be, and waiting for latency made it real bad.

I'm probably gonna jump back on ninja from samurai. It was fun for an expansion, but double midare doesn't stand up to throwing out gang signs and shadow clones.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

Batter Gauge!

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

They're changing the levels things are learned at a lot. I think that's a good thing.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Weird that MCH got what's clearly a CUL skill.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Batter Gauge!

copyediting seems to be the absolute last thing they do before poo poo goes live

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I must know more about DNC. The allure of a 1500 potency nuke is too drat good.

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 27, 2019

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

So SMN loses Dreadwyrm Trance and gains Firebird Trance. Shadow Flare seems to be gone, and I'm guessing Aetherflow will be replaced by some kinda gauge that's filled by Energy Drain/Energy Siphon. I'm not really seeing a big change here though. If there's a marked change in playstyle it's something that isn't obvious just looking at the skills. Notably it looks like there's no Egi Assault III, which suggests pets only have 2 activated skills. That "Outburst" ability is new, I wonder if that's the animation that looked like Tri-Bind in the job preview.

Edit: Though maybe jumping to conclusions, it looks like some skills around level 60 may have been skipped. DWT may still be there and just receive an upgrade. If there was a row of skipped skills it could be DWT, Deathflare, and Aetherpact.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 27, 2019

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Magil Zeal posted:

So SMN loses Dreadwyrm Trance and gains Firebird Trance. Shadow Flare seems to be gone, and I'm guessing Aetherflow will be replaced by some kinda gauge that's filled by Energy Drain/Energy Siphon. I'm not really seeing a big change here though. If there's a marked change in playstyle it's something that isn't obvious just looking at the skills. Notably it looks like there's no Egi Assault III, which suggests pets only have 2 activated skills. That "Outburst" ability is new, I wonder if that's the animation that looked like Tri-Bind in the job preview.
Keep in mind there's a gap from 58-64 in the space between images.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Hogama you're doing god's work

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Hard to draw any strong conclusions from a list of abilities, but it looks like SCH should be about the same in raids/trials, except for purely honest usage of Aetherflow. It's going to be miserable in dungeons. My very rough napkin math is that going from Miasma II+Shadowflare+Baned DoTs to Art of War spam is about a 40% nerf. Maybe they actually do want honest healers!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Hard to draw any strong conclusions from a list of abilities, but it looks like SCH should be about the same in raids/trials, except for purely honest usage of Aetherflow. It's going to be miserable in dungeons. My very rough napkin math is that going from Miasma II+Shadowflare+Baned DoTs to Art of War spam is about a 40% nerf. Maybe they actually do want honest healers!

It's to compensate for the fact that every DPS and tank has essentially free AoE now (and AoE potency in general appears to have been flattened across classes), so there's going to be a lot more AoE damage flying out on average. If everyone kept their current values without the previous resource restrictions, every pack would instantly melt.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Hogama posted:

Keep in mind there's a gap from 58-64 in the space between images.

Yeah, I assume that's Dreadwyrm Trance, Deathflare, and Aetherpact, based on the datamining of the benchmark. I'm hoping it's a straight-up upgrade to DWT so it's not some incredibly long pattern like DWT>Bahamut>FBT>Phoenix.

Looking at the action list, it seems reasonable to assume that Fountain of Fire and Brand of Purgatory are actions associated with Firebird Trance.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thin air at 58 is pretty good. I've been doing some old content for funzies and also clearing quests, and just unlocking the raids, and holy gently caress do I miss thin air.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Potentially finally the end for tonight?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
RIP aero III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I kinda hope we’re missing something on the offensive kit for SCH because it does look pretty anemic in the face of the fuckoff size super-holy that WHM just got.