Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Woah now guys. This is a thread about making fun of failed relationships. I'm not interested in hearing about emotionally fulfilling encounters unless it involves a dad seducing his daughter's heart-broken ex-boyfriend.

Dazerbeams fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

AITA for not wanting to buy spare parts for the plumber to start working?

quote:

I'm not sure about this situation but I will not be surprised if AITA .

So, yesterday, I was home alone when I discovered that a pipe from the water tank was leaking and needs to be fixed. I called my dad and he told me to call a plumber and he will pay me later. Not think much of it, I cut of the water supply and started browsing the internet for some plumbers in my area and found three companies in the nearby city and two independent ones. I thought about it and said it would be nice if I hired one of the independent ones to show some support for independent workers, plus, they are cheaper. (I honestly don't know if that is a good reason or not, that is the first time I deal with something like this)

Anyways, after I called the plumber (let's call him Mario), he arrived relatively quickly and started to immediately inspect the situation while writing down some spare parts on a piece of paper. Then, he told me that there might be something stuck in the pipe which caused it to bust and he will need some parts while giving me the piece of paper. Here are some of the exchanges I had with him in no particular order:

Mario: "I will need these parts."

Me: "I'm sorry, I'm alone and can leave the house alone."

Mario: "well, your community doesn't have a plumbing shop and you are the one with the car, right?" (I'm 18)

Me: "isn't that your job?"

Mario: "well, of course but we need to help each other out to fix the problem."

Me: "but I don't know anything about plumbing and I'm afraid I might get the wrong part."

Mario: "don't worry. You can't call something like the other. And I couldn't be more specific with the names."

Me: "just go get them from insert shop name here and I will pay you."

Mario: "I'm trying to give you the chance to choose the brand you would like to install in your system." (Really?)

This kept on for a while and at this point I was trying not get angry because I don't want to look stupid. Is that what plumbers usually do? He then told me before storming off that he will never come here again because "I'm not taking it seriously and being an uncooperative rear end in a top hat.".

Only seconds later, my parents and sister arrived and my dad said that he pumped into him. Naturally, he asked what happened. After I explained everything, my dad sighed and told me to get the tool box. When I asked what is wrong, he simply told me "I will look into it" without specifying what he means which got me worried.

So, AITA here? Again, I won't be surprised if I am.

Edit: minor formatting edits.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

So wishing it included the part where the plumber asks her to grab a pepsi and some fritos on her way back from the hardware store.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Absolutely, but we're not talking about spare parts, we're talking about replacement parts.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I've hired a few plumbers. They've always went out and purchased their own supplies, and factored that into the bill. I wouldn't trust that guy, tbh. Alone? In a house that doesn't belong to you? Nah. Make a follow up appointment to come back with supplies and the like.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Yeah, the insistence that he be left alone inside someone else's home is... unsettling. Especially given that he's probably hourly and makes more to boot if he goes.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
The guy was probably wrong to put a teen renter in this situation, but it’s not weird at all to offer someone the chance to get their own parts. It saves time (he could have gotten started) and it spares everyone the “I just don’t see why I’m being charged so much for [specific part] l, it’s just a pipe.” That’s more of a thing that you would do with a homeowner though, not some anxious teen that obviously didn’t understand. The plumber should have just dropped it and added the $150 to the bill, daddy is paying anyway.

e: oops it’s his parents house, not renting

life is a joke fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 27, 2019

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Palpek posted:

My boyfriend “slut shames” me because of my post partum body

But wait for the comments...

Murder your boyfriend lol, if all he wants to do is shriek (“provocative” really?) because you’re different now that you’ve had a baby then he no longer deserves to be your boyfriend. Putting your body through hell to have his child and this is how he repays you? that’s a little hosed up.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

AITA for refusing to pay rent to my parents?

quote:

I’m 22F and since I have a full time job my parents want me to pay rent to them. I refused out right. But here is my reasoning, I want to move out so badly and have my own place. They do not want this, they want me to stay with them until I can afford to BUY a house. Right now I am perfectly able to rent a place and live alone feed myself, take care of myself in every way. I AM READY TO LEAVE. They want me with them, I love them and hate arguing with them and don’t mind living with them if it’s free. But they are strict. I ask them to take sick days off work. Like a child does when they want to stay home sick from school. I Tell them where I’m going. Can’t come home after 10pm, can’t drink alcohol at all or smoke. I do not want to Pay them and still follow strict rules. I run errands for them, do a set list of daily chores I cannot have a pet and I cook dinner for them and clean the kitchen afterward nearly nightly. I don’t always mind living with them but I will not live by their rules and PAY.

AITA for wanting to live with them for free or not at all?

Edit: I contribute to the household financially by buying all the food and some toiletries and cleaning products.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention I would be moving out with my fiancé. I have been dating him for 5 years and I am tired of seeing him on their terms...also we have a pretty lousy sex life due to us both living at home. We make 56,000 a year combined and in our small southern city we can afford to rent a nice house.
Just move out!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Yeah whats stopping you moving...?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

Azerban posted:

There's no one more poo poo than someone with the privilege to 'not be political.'

lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Her parents controlling nature I assume

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Sounds about right from here.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Tell us what you really think, goonsir

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

HIJK posted:

Murder your boyfriend lol, if all he wants to do is shriek (“provocative” really?) because you’re different now that you’ve had a baby then he no longer deserves to be your boyfriend. Putting your body through hell to have his child and this is how he repays you? that’s a little hosed up.

I guess I'm just used to my husband liking a bit of cleavage because then he gets to see it and that makes him happy. It seems much more healthy for your spouse to enjoy the fact your body exists. I'm not going to complain if he takes his shirt off on a hot day in public, my man is fine and I'm not insecure. He can flaunt what he's got when I'm around any day.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Picnic Princess posted:

I guess I'm just used to my husband liking a bit of cleavage because then he gets to see it and that makes him happy. It seems much more healthy for your spouse to enjoy the fact your body exists. I'm not going to complain if he takes his shirt off on a hot day in public, my man is fine and I'm not insecure. He can flaunt what he's got when I'm around any day.

The weirdest part of that for me is how the hell does having a hot wife make you look bad in any way? I mean, call me nuts but when you walk into a room with a good looking partner no one thinks to themselves, "wow, poor person, they have a hot mate."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's bad to be sexy and to have sex and also bad to not be sexy and not have sex.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its very simple, a lot of men are sad that the Joseon dynasty no longer exists.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

I'm happy I know what this is, but sad at the same time.

Ignorance is bliss.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Literally A Person posted:

The weirdest part of that for me is how the hell does having a hot wife make you look bad in any way? I mean, call me nuts but when you walk into a room with a good looking partner no one thinks to themselves, "wow, poor person, they have a hot mate."

But then when other people look at your hot wife you feel bad for some reason. Maybe the best thing would be a theoretical hot wife that people believe you have but never look upon. Schrödinger’s hot wi—no, that’s murder, never mind.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Barudak posted:

As a man, can confirm.

RIP, Queen Min

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Pirate Radar posted:

But then when other people look at your hot wife you feel bad for some reason.

I think it really boils down to the "That's MY possession, get your eyes off it!" mentality that people really seem to get into once they have a partner. It's where a ton of jealousy issues stem from too, the whole

"Talk to MY man and I'll ruin your life bitch"
"Look at MY wife's rear end and I'll knock you flat on your sorry rear end"
"Don't you dare 'like' MY husband's photos you skank"
"You have to cut off all your dude friends now that you're MINE"

seems to be way more common than not.

Glad I'm not treated like that, and I wish no one else was.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Gifts are an act of aggression

AITA for getting mad at my boyfriend for gifting me a laundry basket.. for the second Christmas gift in a row....

quote:

So this is late, we aren't even togeather anymore so maybe this was a red flag of the end of the relationship.... Anyway, the topic came up recently and... well... here we are.

First, we were broke millenials in CA so it was established that we weren't going to spend a lot and we established that we would only get each other one gift and then have a date night that we split. We were togeather four years before this. Gift was a $30 limit.

While not a competition I try to always reach to the recipient interests making the gift personal. Example, he's a guitarist so I went out and got him electric green bass guitar strings and this cute pack of 6 different style picks (redwood, bone, bison horn ect..). Two gifts, I know. I wouldn't have held it against him.

He got me a laundry basket....

Now, granted I kinda needed one. I like to organize can wear again and dirty clothes and my old second one was worn.. Fine. But what got me was that this was my giftlast year... the same one... and that's all he got me. I later saw it at a store down the street on sale.

AITA for being upset? Or should I have made the point to buy me something personal?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Why are the weapon-obsessed poo poo-monglers so loving reluctant to lock things up? It doesn't matter if it's a gun or a battle-axe, it is not a goddamn toy, put it the gently caress away.

I'm going to just assume I'm a monster for leaving this 17" spitting ax out by the fireplace.

(Just kidding, because of this thread I now know I'm a monster because I'm a man. I'm not sure if I'm joking or not.)

mind the walrus posted:

2. I have never met a primary earner who didn't immediately default to thinking of all the money as theirs the instant there's a whiff of friction.

Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm on income, my wife of 19 years pays our bills and does the bulk of the planning. This has worked through thick and (lots of) thin. We communicate well enough that we both know what's going on and have input into both things, but this is the general pattern we've ended up in and it's totally fine for us. Don't let this thread or the internet in general make you think absolutely everyone is fundamentally broken. You are in a place where people complain about their problems and rarely talk about the boring stuff like "everything is fine....just had another day where nothing went wrong even though decisions were made."

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > /r/relationships: Only seconds later, my parents and sister arrived and my dad said that he pumped into him

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

Gifts are an act of aggression

AITA for getting mad at my boyfriend for gifting me a laundry basket.. for the second Christmas gift in a row....

Too bad dignity was over your christmas gift budget limit

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

(Virginia USA) Wife of 5 years wants a divorce because she’s “not happy”. We have one child. She also owes 40k restitution for a grand larceny charge.

quote:

My wife wants a divorce because she’s not happy. We have a 3 year old child together which she wants custody of. I make around 55k a year and pay 90% of bills. She makes around 25/30k a year and has to pay $400 a month in restitution for a grand larceny charge that she was arrested and convicted for last year after stealing 50k from her previous employer. If she misses a payment she will go to jail. There is no way she could afford housing, restitution and raise a child on her own. Her only option would be to move in with her parents in Georgia, USA. I’m content with the relationship and would like to work it out at least for our child’s sake. I also don’t want her to be miserable for the next 15 years. Can she get custody and move to GA? Any help is appreciated. Please let me know if you need any additional info. Thanks so much!

She sounds like a keeper

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

[MI, USA] Considering suing my uncle after he intentionally fired an air horn meant for bears in my ear, and now I have what appears to be a permanent ringing in my ear

quote:

I have a big family, with around 20 cousins, 10 aunts and uncles, and several others who always show up to family reunions. I'm a male in my 20s.

Last weekend we had a family reunion in a cabin resort in the woods. On the last night there, while everyone was sitting by the campfire, my uncle (by marriage), snuck up behind me and blasted an air horn about a foot or two away from the back of my head. This air horn was not a normal little one you often see at sporting events. This campground has bear around, so they keep several large air horns around the place to be used to scare off a bear in case they get too close.

As soon as he did it, everyone called him an rear end in a top hat and got angry at him. He showed no remorse whatsoever. He laughed about it, telling us how he and his friends from work have blown air horns at each other before as a prank.

I was so furious when it happened that I didn't know what to do. I sat there quietly stewing in my rage for a while. I wanted to beat the poo poo out of him or hold him down while I emptied half of the air horn directly into his ear. But instead I walked away eventually and spent the rest of the night in my room. It's important to know that this uncle was hosting this reunion. It's a "corporate retreat campground" that his company lets employees use.

He clearly knew he hosed up because he attempted to apologize the next day, but it was a pretty lovely apology. While everyone was sitting down for breakfast, he snuck up behind me, put his arms on my shoulders and quietly said, "I heard your ears were ringing. Sorry about that." He didn't even say it to my face, or say it loud enough for anyone else to hear. I grumbled something about "it's okay," but I absolutely do not forgive him.

This happened last Saturday, a week ago. For the first couple days my ears were literally sore, and any loud noises were painful to hear. Since then, my ears have been constantly ringing. It's the worst when I'm in a quiet environment, like trying to work or go to sleep. I hear this high pitched sound that is driving me nuts. Sometimes it'll start to subside, but it still comes and goes. I think I could have permanent hearing damage.

This guy has been giving me poo poo since I was a young kid, so this was not a one time occurrence, though this was definitely the worst thing he's done to me by far. I've contacted a personal injury lawyer in my area to learn about my options, but I figured some people here might have good info as well. I won't hear back from the lawyer until tomorrow at the earliest. Any info is appreciated. Suing my uncle would tear a huge hole in my family, but I really don't care about that if I end up having a ringing in my ear for the rest of my life. It's interfering with my ability to sleep and work. Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I am seeing an audiologist and ENT this week. I will post an update here when I have one if the mods allow it.

Do it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

She sounds like a keeper

I mean, I bet she at least wipes her butt

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

DemoneeHo posted:

[MI, USA] Considering suing my uncle after he intentionally fired an air horn meant for bears in my ear, and now I have what appears to be a permanent ringing in my ear

Do it

:murder:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
From the Trump thread

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cockblocked by my Businessman Dinosaur Father

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John Becker you are a loving idiot, how are you going to manuever that gun in the space provided???

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I hope the gun falls and goes off and shoots off Jonh Becker's pecker.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

Ruin him.

Also, I bet the hostility towards the fiance will do a hard 180 as soon as they're married. Why haven't you knocked up my little girl yet? Where's the multitude of grandchildren hmm? What do you mean you've been having troubles in the bedroom ever since I cocked my shottie at your nuts?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Honestly, that setup is a gift to the daughter, who can quite trivially "knock over" the gun and "accidentally" unload it in her lovely dad's face

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Admiral Ray posted:

Sarcasm isn't an emotion or a feeling you loving moron.

Sarcasm is how you show that you feel contempt, and that is how you ruin a good relationship.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Should I (37F) tell my BF (41M)that I have lost attraction to him as he has explored his bisexuality?

quote:

u/FrontPark8
My BF "Adam" and I have been together for three years. He had some sexual experience (only with women) and limited relationship experience before we met. I have had a few long term relationships that I value, but ultimately didn't work out. Our sex life has always been great and has only gotten better with time.

Adam has been expressing an interest in exploring with other men for a long time and with increasing interest. We have been long distance for a few months and have been alternating visiting each other monthly. I encouraged him to take three months to explore since this question doesn't seem to be going away unanswered.

While I found the idea of a long distance, one side open relationship a dance with disaster (and let him know this), I also have no interest in being with someone who doesn't know what he wants or may resent me for not exploring his identity. At first, it was fun to talk with him about matches and dates, but recently I have lost all attraction to him. Not because of his bisexuality, but his attitudes and behaviors. Examples:

1. He has mentioned finding men his own age extremely unattractive. He also mentioned that women his own age are unattractive unless they look younger than they are.

2. As soon as he got the green light to explore this, he started pushing for all sorts of other things between the two of us (exhibitionism, swinging, etc..). I told him that he needed to slow down.

3. Before his first date he picked a fight with me about something insignificant (travel dates for an annual family trip I take) . He told me that our fundamental difference on this issue was a core difference and that relationships couldn't withstand many of those 5 minutes before his date with another person. Afterwards, I let him know how fundamentally wrong it is to make your partner feel anything other than loved, secure and appreciated before and after dates. He agreed and apologized. I'm not over it.

4. While talking about how excited his is to give a guy a blow job, he also mentioned that he doesn't like going down on women that much (even though he has always expressed the opposite), but that I "don't taste so bad. sometimes."

Basically, he has made me feel as though he isn't attracted to me and this (along with the immaturity) has made me lose all attraction for him. I know I need to break up with him, I just don't know how honest to be. I am afraid that all he will hear is that I am not attracted to him because of his sexual orientation when really it is his behavior surrounding this process. How honest should I be?

TDLR: I have lost sexual attraction to my BF as he explores his bisexuality. Though the loss of attraction isn't related to his sexuality, I am not sure how honest to be since he has little experience in bisexuality or romantic relationships.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Motronic posted:

I'm going to just assume I'm a monster for leaving this 17" spitting ax out by the fireplace.

So you chop firewood in the middle of your house?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Beachcomber posted:

I'm happy I know what this is, but sad at the same time.

Ignorance is bliss.

Slut wife wants her own name likes she's an actual person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

life is a joke posted:

The guy was probably wrong to put a teen renter in this situation, but it’s not weird at all to offer someone the chance to get their own parts. It saves time (he could have gotten started) and it spares everyone the “I just don’t see why I’m being charged so much for [specific part] l, it’s just a pipe.” That’s more of a thing that you would do with a homeowner though, not some anxious teen that obviously didn’t understand. The plumber should have just dropped it and added the $150 to the bill, daddy is paying anyway.

e: oops it’s his parents house, not renting

It's weird to insist that they choose their own parts right after the person has explained that they would have no idea what to choose