Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

El_Elegante posted:

Jupiter Ascending sequel?

It’s a bit too old for that, this is from 1976.

It’s a treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dewgy posted:

Thrift store find, quite possibly one of the most insane things I’ve ever seen, and I love it.

The short version is this book attempts to answer the question “What can bees tell us about Jesus?”

Apparently part of a three volume set but.... nah, I’m good with just the first one.

This is amazing :aaaaa:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dewgy posted:

It’s a treasure.

Make a thread. This is too weird to not share.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dewgy posted:

It’s a treasure.

What a shrewd purchase.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Dewgy posted:

It’s a treasure.

Do you take shrewgar with your coffee?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

owl_pellet posted:

Do you take shrewgar with your coffee?

According to shrewdingers equation, there’s an equally likely chance of yes or no, and you’ll only find out after you take a sip

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

No pictures cause :effort: but went to the record store today and got:
Prodigy - Fat of the Land
Pendulum - Hold Your Color
Primus - Pork Soda
Voodoo Glow Skulls - Who Is, This Is
Reel Big Fish - Skacoustic
Bad Religion - Against the Grain
And Deftones - Around the Fur

Also got my dad to part with his record collection cause it was just sitting in the basement collecting dust, he doesn't even have a turntable anymore. Lot of 70s rock (Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd, Styx, Boston, Kansas, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, and so on). Some good gems in there too, original release of License to Ill is the most :eyepop:.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Dewgy posted:

Thrift store find, quite possibly one of the most insane things I’ve ever seen, and I love it.

The short version is this book attempts to answer the question “What can bees tell us about Jesus?”

Apparently part of a three volume set but.... nah, I’m good with just the first one.

Just to clarify: is the first volume as the question about the bees' opinion, or is it the entire 3 volume set?

Cause, while I would find their views and analysis interesting, I am not sure that a creature whose entire vocabulary is 'flowers left', flowers right' and 'attack' are going to fill the entire set with much insight.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I needed a new laptop, so I fixed up and sold 5-6 old junk laptops I had lying around that were taking up space, and spent the profits on a preowned Lenovo T480s. Just base specs, but came with 16GB RAM for some reason. Also has over 2 years of on-site warranty left. It's quite a step up from my Dell Latitude E6520.

Always buy used business laptops.

evobatman has a new favorite as of 19:47 on May 29, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm old so I bought Velcro sneakers.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm old so I bought Velcro sneakers.

Velcro is far superior to laces.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Got some new appliances!

Bosch 300 Series dishwasher:

Whirlpool fridge that doesn't fit by like an inch, oops:

That's what I get for forgetting there's a cabinet up there. I should be able to hack the bottom lip off and slide the fridge back. Worst case scenario I just take it out because me or my parents never actually used it

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm a sucker for convince. So tired of cleaning my Areopress and french press. Also very tired of grinding since I have a hand grinder.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ew Nespresso

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Mu Zeta posted:

Ew Nespresso

My Delonghi espresso maker is basically automatic and makes perfect shots. $80 on Amazon. Just tamp the grinds into it, put the handle in and go.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

JEEVES420 posted:

Velcro is far superior to laces.

I'll see your velcro and raise you zippers.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

obi_ant posted:

I'm a sucker for convince. So tired of cleaning my Areopress and french press. Also very tired of grinding since I have a hand grinder.

Why does a nespresso come with a vegetable peeler, and two...cutting wheels?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Horse Clocks posted:

Why does a nespresso come with a vegetable peeler, and two...cutting wheels?

The peeler is made from recycled capsules. I’m under the assumption that they’re making a statement like... “hey guys look! We’re recycling and making cool things from the capsules!”

The cutting discs are actually coasters for the glassware. The discs are pretty thick and nice.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

obi_ant posted:

The peeler is made from recycled capsules. I’m under the assumption that they’re making a statement like... “hey guys look! We’re recycling and making cool things from the capsules!”

How much crossover is there for the categories 'people who peel potatoes' and 'people who use coffee capsules'?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
nm.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 09:32 on May 31, 2019

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Shut up Meg posted:

How much crossover is there for the categories 'people who peel potatoes' and 'people who use coffee capsules'?

How about people who drink coffee and eat potatoes?

Coredump has a new favorite as of 18:13 on May 31, 2019

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
They're saying if you're the type of person to use individually packaged coffee capsules for your single-cup Brewer you aren't the kind of person who's going to peel potatoes.

Solution: just use red potatoes as they are delicious and the skin is good too.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Too bad Nestle actually hates the planet and every human on it. Any attempt to seem otherwise is a marketing ploy.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I get wanting more convenience, but if you are the type of person who invested in a hand-crank burr grinder, a french press and an aeropress, and have been using them, I'm not sure you are going to want drink what comes out of that Nespresso.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nespresso capsules have very little coffee. They have like 6grams of coffee while a typical espresso drink you order at coffee shops have 20g or more. Nespressso is weaksauce bullshit.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Just get a moka pot, cowards

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Get a Neti Pot, but use coffee.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Rolo posted:

Too bad corporations actually hate the planet and every human on it. Any attempt to seem otherwise is a marketing ploy.

Fixed that for you.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I'm surprised Nestle hasn't made the jump to mandatory water pods as well since they control all that too.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

The Prong Song posted:

Fixed that for you.

True, but Nestle is extra extremely evil and vile.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Sounds like we should take over Nestle so we have the power to be evil and vile instead.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

For the price of that nespresso set you could have gotten an entry level Gaggia and had real espresso instead, and an actual steam wand to do good milk based drinks.

Also lol at giving you a feel good peeler when 99% of those capsules are definitely going into landfill.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 23:27 on May 31, 2019

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

To be fair you need a good grinder with the Gaggia to get the best out of it. But pre-ground works ok with the pressurized filter. It's huge though and I get the appeal of something small like the Nespresso. I just wish it tasted better and wasn't so wasteful.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rolo posted:

Too bad Nestle actually hates the planet and every human on it.

They won't even give me a chance.

Pop pure caffeine pills or mix them with your favorite drink. Why mess around?

colas has a new favorite as of 02:37 on Jun 1, 2019

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I can't believe I care this much about screwdrivers, but these were supposed to be delivered today and they weren't.

Now I'm angry about screwdrivers!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Coredump posted:

How about people who drink coffee and eat potatoes?

I’ve never even touched a potato my whole life, so a Nespresso was totally up my alley.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

New summer shoes. So many of the recommendations these days have such chunky soles and I’m not about that. Give me minimal sole and basic looks.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Wifi Toilet posted:

I can't believe I care this much about screwdrivers, but these were supposed to be delivered today and they weren't.

I have a single Wiha bit holding driver and a bunch of cheap HDX and Walmart screwdrivers. That Wera set makes me jealous. :extremedadness:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Wifi Toilet posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

George H.W. oval office posted:

New summer shoes. So many of the recommendations these days have such chunky soles and I’m not about that. Give me minimal sole and basic looks.
At a glance the tag looks like it says Beavis. Not necessarily a bad thing.