Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nicole Byer is incredible and should be in way more stuff

she is very funny and makes conan o'Brien laugh so hard every time she's on his show. she shocks his poor repressed new England sensibilities. coincidentally, she is on his podcast this week. it is really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zedd posted:

Jason's challenge is some kinda Finance/Tech Bro that uses big and expensive words and is actually a real piece of poo poo, and it's up to the simple-ish but well meaning Jason to deal with it.

Jason's challenge is Florida Man

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

FactsAreUseless posted:

If anyone hasn't seen Nailed It! on Netflix, I highly recommend it. Her camaraderie with French chocolatier Jacques Torres is delightful.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1115335455950532608

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Eat This Glob posted:

she is very funny and makes conan o'Brien laugh so hard every time she's on his show. she shocks his poor repressed new England sensibilities. coincidentally, she is on his podcast this week. it is really funny

I just finished listening to the podcast and she loving kills it.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

FactsAreUseless posted:

She's a guest star on a Podcast called "How did this get made" with Derek that's really good.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Will S3 be coming to Netflix US? I was in Spain and we binged Season 1 and 2 and the beginning of 3 on Netflix. Then back in the US season 3 was gone :negative:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Season 2 came on a month or two before season 3 started airing iirc? So probably sometime in the summer.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Hulu gets it first, then it goes to Netflix sometime prior to the next season’s television premiere.

Frustratingly, the extended versions haven’t been uploaded yet.

Here’s a fun little Shawn supercut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghsOOTs9e6s

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, you got it in Spain because Netflix distributes the show in a lot of international territories so for us, that's just where it airs and episodes go up the same day as NBC shows them.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I haven’t seen it mentioned but the writers were on the Good One podcast and it’s great. https://overcast.fm/+IUH3yZ-yE

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
That reminds me: last month The Nod did an episode about The Good Place, focusing on Chidi: https://www.gimletmedia.com/the-nod/chidi-and-the-good-place

pwn
May 27, 2004

This is from A.P. Bio, but since there isn’t an A.P. Bio thread, in the spirit of great background gags, I love Anthony’s shirt in the last few episodes.

pwn
May 27, 2004

BWB does TGP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f428glyXdY4

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1131551628308430848
Get all the answers to your burning questions about season 3.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

howe_sam posted:

...wait, I thought JEREMY BEARIMY was just something Megan Amram started shouting in the writers' room one time a la Charlie's "AAAAAAAAA SHUT UP OH MY GOD I DON'T CARE" from Always Sunny? Or was that a joke itself?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m kinda dissatisfied with the 500 years ago thing not actually having a set date, but rather just a ‘it’s been a while’ thing.

mortal
Oct 12, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

I’m kinda dissatisfied with the 500 years ago thing not actually having a set date, but rather just a ‘it’s been a while’ thing.

The author is dead. Make your own headcanon. After all, it's possible there was a meaning behind it, and the writers are withholding it just so clickbait articles can't say Michael Schur hates (the discovery of) America or whatever.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

howe_sam posted:

Seeing Mike Schur's twitter handle only serves to remind me of how much I miss Fire Joe Morgan.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

howe_sam posted:

quote:

Yeah. Our internal logic is that his constant anxiety burns a lot of calories, and also that at some point someone was like, “You know, exercise is a good way to alleviate stress,” and he started doing push-ups and never stopped.

I laughed, and then I realized that's exactly why I've been spending so much time at the gym lately.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Watching for the first time and :allears: Jason :allears:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

SardonicTyrant posted:

Just wait until Jason figures it out. That one hurts.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

SardonicTyrant posted:

You have so much fun ahead of you.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

you have such sights to see!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Jason's death is :discourse:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

SardonicTyrant posted:

He died as he lived

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Wow, this show really picks up after the twist.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

SardonicTyrant posted:

I honestly think the third episode of season two is my favorite.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

silvergoose posted:

He died as he lived

Doing what he loved.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

silvergoose posted:

He died as he lived

That is probably my single favorite joke of the series to date.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

SardonicTyrant posted:

Did you know the twist going in and what was your reaction

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
'Will the end of the Blake Bortles era in Jacksonville affect the show at all? Or not, because Jason died again before Nick Foles came to town?
You really think, after 300 Blake Bortles references, we’d let the Bortles Era end without addressing it?'

Oh heck yeah.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

SardonicTyrant posted:

It's amazing that with this show, that's not the end of the character.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Argue posted:

Did you know the twist going in and what was your reaction
Yeah, I did. I think I would have found out about halfway through s1. They don't sugarcoat that the two 'good' characters are screwups.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Bortles was never a great QB prospect, so that was part of the joke. They will probably keep it up as an homage to that.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Jason was always a diehard for Jacksonville first, Bortles second. Foles will be his new dude to cheer on.

Also, the Bortles thing was sorta addressed in the podcast as the crew not actually knowing the typical fan cheers of Jaguars fans (namely Duuuuuuuuuval) and it didn't really get amended until season 2 or 3, I think, because of comments by people from the city who're fans of the show. They also, in the podcast, misidentify the relationship between Duval and Jacksonville and why fans scream that instead of "Jacksonville" or something

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Xelkelvos posted:

Also, the Bortles thing was sorta addressed in the podcast as the crew not actually knowing the typical fan cheers of Jaguars fans (namely Duuuuuuuuuval) and it didn't really get amended until season 2 or 3, I think, because of comments by people from the city who're fans of the show. They also, in the podcast, misidentify the relationship between Duval and Jacksonville and why fans scream that instead of "Jacksonville" or something

Most importantly though, Blake Bortles is a really funny name.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

howe_sam posted:

It's also a great name to shout while, say, throwing a molotov.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

howe_sam posted:

the Jake Jortles bit is one of my favorite "wow how stupid can we make this" jokes of all time. it's so incredibly dumb. but yet, it's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's also a great name to shout while, say, throwing a molotov.

Let me tell you, if I ever participate in a violent uprising that will be my rallying cry while lobbing the molotov.