Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

my culture we appropriated from vaqueros is not your costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

sporklift posted:

Fuckin love the melvins. The vinyl release of the trilogy might be stupid music poo poo though.
https://www.discogs.com/Melvins-The-Trilogy/master/1502287

holy crap that price :aaaaa:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

ASenileAnimal posted:

holy crap that price :aaaaa:

Haha. Melvins albums can get spendy. Lotta hand made limited poo poo. I was actually referring to the images on the picture discs. Swastika/Star of David, KKK/Black Panther, and Pentagram/Cross.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

sporklift posted:

Haha. Melvins albums can get spendy. Lotta hand made limited poo poo. I was actually referring to the images on the picture discs. Swastika/Star of David, KKK/Black Panther, and Pentagram/Cross.

holy poo poo i didnt see that :frogsiren:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hey Joe where you going with that overpriced clone using someone else’s board that you nail polished over the identifying text PCB in your hand?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Hey Joe where you going with that overpriced clone using someone else’s board that you nail polished over the identifying text PCB in your hand?

can't you read, it's "in no way a clone"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

hexwren posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi8ksnyMegg

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

hexwren posted:

Ron Howard Narrating: It's totally a clone.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
hahahahaha

I used to think the MI Audio guy was off base with how much he whinged about people stealing his designs but he's actually on point. Doesn't JHS rip off a couple of his circuits as well?

edit: christ that soldering. dry joints everywhere

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That poo poo is loving disgusting.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Faustus posted:

That poo poo is loving disgusting.
"Tone Purists literally only want one thing..." :v:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Concatenation posted:

hahahahaha

I used to think the MI Audio guy was off base with how much he whinged about people stealing his designs but he's actually on point. Doesn't JHS rip off a couple of his circuits as well?

edit: christ that soldering. dry joints everywhere

Yea JHS Angry Charley = Crunch Box.

The soldering is just hateful and those ceramic caps at high gain and stage volumes will go full microphonic lol.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
A true-temperament tele and a fretless 8 string octave bass double neck, maybe the most SMS instrument I've ever seen.

Lester Shy fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 27, 2019

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV2cpCbHhNg

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Do those weird-rear end true temperament frets work with all string gauges and tunings?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

Do those weird-rear end true temperament frets work with all string gauges and tunings?
While not the same, I can vouch for multi-scale/fanned-frets working for tuning stability across the board. Also? open. tunings. :dance:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was going to say "I...don't hate this?" but then I heard the chorus lmao

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

s.i.r.e. posted:

From their FAQ it sounds like they were designed for 10-46s at standard and the farther you get from that the worse it works, but there's a bit of wiggle room as long as you stick to a plain G.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Isn't the real issue that they don't work with all scales though? Presumably they would work okay with downtuning, but not with open tunings and drop tunings and so on. If course that depends on the adjustment possibilities of the bridge as well.

E: fanned fret is just awesome and surprisingly uncomplicated. At least on bass, I haven't tried it on a guitar, and i can't figure out if you can still do barre chords with fanned frets.

BonHair fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 28, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yes you can. It's super fun. Like, I love all my guitars, but the one with 8 strings and fanned-frets is just super fun to play and really hard to put down. And again, it lends itself really well to all sorts of tunings.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I always laughed at 8 string guitars because I thought 98% of people who buy them are nu-metal doodz who drop-tune them and only play on the first 5 frets of the lowest string... until I saw Tosin Abasi. Now I'm cursed to really want one of his signature 8 string models. It's such a bizarre looking thing that you just know it was made 100% with function in mind so I'd imagine it's probably a great feeling instrument. No way I'm dropping 3 grand on one though.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 28, 2019

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

GreatGreen posted:

No way I'm dropping 3 grand on one though.
It sucks that Ibanez wasn't willing to actually produce the Larada, 'cuz you know there would'be been a "budget" model closer to $1k or $1.5k.

Wark Say posted:

Like, I love all my guitars, but the one with 8 strings and fanned-frets is just super fun to play and really hard to put down.
Fanned frets ruined my regular eight string for me. Any time I go back to it, it just feels slightly off, like everything is more work than it should be.

To steer this back towards stupid music poo poo- why only have the one option? Clearly the future is having both at the same time!

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Death Panel Czar posted:

To steer this back towards stupid music poo poo- why only have the one option? Clearly the future is having both at the same time!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Now THIS takes the cake.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Someone set a neural net loose on harmony central and ilovefuzz and trained it to name effects pedals: https://aiweirdness.com/post/185248...MKEihikfGOHeV90

quote:

A Tale Of Two Reverb Systems
A Room Like No Other
Best drat Bass
Chuck Collins TinyTone Octifer
Meat Loaf Real Sweet Reverb
Boiling Point Coffee Deep Dish Fuzz
Cloudthunder Screaming Bird Tremolo
drat Fine Aluminum Finger Wah Amounts Vibe
The Horribly Overgrown CIA Chorus
Release the Buffalo FLYBOARD Glamour Box
Booooooom
Blood Orange Overdrive
Beelzebub Wet Screamer Ear Flanger
Bigfoot Audio Radium Nitrate Distortion
Boogie Woogie Nonesuch Tones Embryo Chorus
Mr. Bubblegum Powered By God Tube Distortion
Bat Face Down Under
AshesToYourFingerBox
K.S.Aji Sea Slug Chorus
Big Chocolate + Yellow Magic Delay
Big Cheese Big Cheese Box of Peas
Bite Outside The Bacon Battery
Me And A Big Bit of Cheese
Dentures Distortion Monster Dish
Blondie Moose Ant Farm Chorus/Vibrato
Anneliese Gillenamy The Nightlight Feminizer
Achtung Baby TinyMuffin Boost
Akahashi Harp of Confusion
Barton Junior Finger Pan Gelato Espresso Machine
Bare Knuckle Biochemistry Professor, Neuroscientist And Librarian
Metalliv Robot Zookeeper
Machines Are People Too
Dangerous But Not Unbearably So
Beneath The Planet The Human Genome May Be Hacked
Am I really that Transhuman
Love and Sex Are A Mercy Clause
Atomic Brain Check Thank God We’re All Flying Again
Disastrously Varied Mental Model
Doomed To Think Or Predict in Chord Form
Dazzling So Beautiful Yet So Terrifying
Electric Sheep Fuzz
Empowered By the Power Of Mind Control
Misanthropic Fondue From the Oasis of Luxury Krautrock Parlor
A Shockingly Simple Method To Turn The Phrase, “I want this!,” Into Something Still Not Quite Envelope-Less Wheezy And Dreadfully Close To Normal

massive spider fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 30, 2019

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Booooooom

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Lots of winners in there.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

massive spider posted:

Someone set a neural net loose on harmony central and ilovefuzz and trained it to name effects pedals: https://aiweirdness.com/post/185248...MKEihikfGOHeV90

I'd believe all these were real if they popped up on a namm preview or something

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

favourites are Bat Face Down Under for sounding like a poor taste vagina joke and Am I Really That Transhuman for a jerky post punk with synthesizer band.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Yngwie Malmsteen says his debut album saved Fender from going out of business.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...S4pJc0fmSNQlL2I

lol

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
It wouldn't be rock n roll without ego.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GreatGreen posted:

lol

Philthy posted:

It wouldn't be rock n roll without ego.
Hey, could've been worse. The bigger ego-trip (Big Ego, Small Dick Energy?) statement would've been "My debut album saved Fender from themselves" or something akin to that.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

lol
No, it makes perfect sense. Whom, among any guitarists alive or dead at the time, were somehow closely associated with the *checks everything* "Fender *-caster?"

GTFO Yngwie.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Yngwie owns tbh

70's/80's Fender was pretty bad. He's probably right.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Not to mention that Fender is basically the default option for basses, which Yngwie probably didn't influence.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

BonHair posted:

Not to mention that Fender is basically the default option for basses, which Yngwie probably didn't influence.

It’s pretty ludicrous that Leo Fender designed the P-bass, the J-bass, and the Stingray. Seems like >90% of bass players play one of those or something based on one of those designs.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The P-Bass is just so wonderfully straight forward, no fancy gimmicks, just a solid dependable easy-to-work-with workhorse.

Sure it doesn't have the tone of a J-Bass or the mean snarl of a Rickenbacker, but it doesn't matter, because most of the time you just want a solid bass that plays well in a mix. Boom, P-Bass.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 31, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite bass is a P-Bass with a Bartolini pickup set. It was pure deliciousness.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m going to suck it up and get a P bass this year. I need that fat bottom warmth in my life. The CV60s would be brother/sister aesthetically to my Strat.

Malaria posted:

Yngwie owns tbh

70's/80's Fender was pretty bad. He's probably right.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Try a Squier, if possible. They're pretty drat good and are probably as reliable as Agile Basses/Guitars for good stuff that doesn't loving cost you an arm and a leg.