Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Alexa, but pikachu.

Saves a whole lotta time on recording lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
  • Pokémon Conquest 2
  • Pokémon Tekken 2
  • Pokémon Snap 2
  • Pokémon Typing Adventure 2

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

BattleCattle posted:

“Here’s a game with tons of interesting monsters!”
“Cool, how do you play?”
“draw circles.”

Pokemon Go proved monsters can sell if you only make people draw lines :v:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

less laughter posted:

• Pokémon Conquest 2
  • Pokémon Tekken 2
  • Pokémon Snap 2
  • Pokémon Typing Adventure 2

I'm a little surprised they haven't made Conquest 2 yet. I guess it would feature the Three Kingdoms characters, and the Japanese title would be Pokemon x Records of the Three Kingdoms?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

will spirit fusion be in the next direct or at e3. the mind races

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
all i truly want in sword/shield is for them to realize the error of their ways and make coinya real

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Zore posted:

Pokemon Go proved monsters can sell if you only make people draw lines :v:

Don’t make me draw circles with a joycon.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

absolutely anything posted:

all i truly want in sword/shield is for them to realize the error of their ways and make coinya real

Baby Doduo first, that was the most bizarre cut in the entire series. Such a good concept and design.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

less laughter posted:

Baby Doduo first, that was the most bizarre cut in the entire series. Such a good concept and design.

But where does the third head go when it becomes Duduo?

One of its head splits when it becomes Dodrio

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Total War: Pokemon

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Finally, Pokémon Warriors.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
pokemon switch mystery dungeon

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

Add more baby pokemon so people have to work even harder to breed their perfect competitive team (which, given how streamlined breeding's become since Gen II, it's really not that large a hurdle)

PLEASE GOD NO. As a breeder I already put in my pound of flesh it doesn't need to be harder trust me.

edit: Also fingers crossed we finally get a proper plague doctor pokemon or at least a alternate evo for Spritzee

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 27, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I demand more Grass mega evolutions in the next game :arghfist:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Finally, something new to put into the OP. Gonna be a shame when Liz makes it to the release.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mesadoram posted:

I demand more Grass mega evolutions in the next game :arghfist:

no more Megas, more regular evos

Eviolite Ferrothorn would be fab

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want stage 4 evolutions still.:colbert:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
At the Battle Agency is your Pokemon always at the front of the party? Is there a way to put the ones borrowed from your friends as first instead?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I hope they announce Pokémon Bank compatibility with the Swtch and the Let’s Go games. I also want to play Sword and Shield with the Pokeball Plus even if it doesn’t have the Let’s Go throwing mechanics.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I want a sequel to an older gen game. OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire 2 let’s go.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Vinylshadow posted:

But where does the third head go when it becomes Duduo?

One of its head splits when it becomes Dodrio

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

I hope they announce Pokémon Bank compatibility with the Swtch and the Let’s Go games. I also want to play Sword and Shield with the Pokeball Plus even if it doesn’t have the Let’s Go throwing mechanics.

Well poo poo man they kinda have to. Pokemon bank is entirely built around transferring your pokemon down the gens.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

I want them to do away with the conceit of the National Pokedex (it made some amount of sense when every region was a fantasy counterpart to a chunk of Japan, but now that we have Poke-New York, Poke-Normandy and Poke-England it's increasingly nonsensical) and fix some of the long-standing this-makes-no-sense-isms of the series like Nidoran still being two species. While they're at it maybe they could revisit some of the translation-induced stupidity, like Splash, the RageCandyBar and Mr. Mime.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

fer 👏 al 👏 i 👏 gator

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Crosscontaminant posted:

I want them to do away with the conceit of the National Pokedex (it made some amount of sense when every region was a fantasy counterpart to a chunk of Japan, but now that we have Poke-New York, Poke-Normandy and Poke-England it's increasingly nonsensical)

:japan:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

...I'm unsettled by how well that works

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Crosscontaminant posted:

I want them to do away with the conceit of the National Pokedex (it made some amount of sense when every region was a fantasy counterpart to a chunk of Japan, but now that we have Poke-New York, Poke-Normandy and Poke-England it's increasingly nonsensical) and fix some of the long-standing this-makes-no-sense-isms of the series like Nidoran still being two species. While they're at it maybe they could revisit some of the translation-induced stupidity, like Splash, the RageCandyBar and Mr. Mime.

While I agree that the National Pokedex should be called the Global Pokedex (or International Pokedex), all of the other stuff in your post is fine as is and should not be changed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's really weird that the Battle Agency only has 1 boss(okay technically 2 but you can only face 1 at any time).

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jokes aside, it's weird how little importance national boundaries in the Pokemon world seem to have compared to regional ones. Separate countries do exist in both the anime (e.g., the kingdom with all the Togepi from the Misty two-parter) and the games (e.g., Lt. Surge is "the Lightning American" and fought in a war; a few other characters are vaguely said to be "from another country"), but they don't come up very often.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Flopsy posted:

Well poo poo man they kinda have to. Pokemon bank is entirely built around transferring your pokemon down the gens.

Right, but if Bank works with Let’s Go it’ll be the first time you can transfer from Go to the main title games.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
LGPE are confirmed mainline games themselves.

They're the remake entries for gen VII, following FRLG in gen III, HGSS in gen IV and ORAS in gen VI.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I would wonder how they handle the boosts from candy when importing to Sword and Shield.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bongo Bill posted:

I would wonder how they handle the boosts from candy when importing to Sword and Shield.

They'll probably be completely ignored.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Probably just ignore them since the candy stats are already their own variable while the regular EVs still exist but are unused in Let's Go.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

less laughter posted:

They're the remake entries for gen VII, following FRLG in gen III, HGSS in gen IV and ORAS in gen VI.

Kinda? They changed the mechanics pretty massively and aren't compatible with any other mainline entry for transferring Pokemon to/from so that's a bizarre distinction the Pokemon company made. And we still don't even have any confirmation we'll be able to transfer the Pokemon within to Gen VIII games.

I am curious to see if anything from LG actually makes it into Gen VIII because most of the obvious stuff (on field encounters, following pokemon, Go Style catching) was totally absent from the small preview we got.

Like why don't Colloseum or XD count as mainline if LGP/E do?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

less laughter posted:

If they don't remake gen 4 for gen 8, can we expect a LG style remake for Crystal?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Zore posted:

Kinda? They changed the mechanics pretty massively and aren't compatible with any other mainline entry for transferring Pokemon to/from so that's a bizarre distinction the Pokemon company made. And we still don't even have any confirmation we'll be able to transfer the Pokemon within to Gen VIII games.

I am curious to see if anything from LG actually makes it into Gen VIII because most of the obvious stuff (on field encounters, following pokemon, Go Style catching) was totally absent from the small preview we got.

Like why don't Colloseum or XD count as mainline if LGP/E do?

Only Game Freak games are mainline.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

Jokes aside, it's weird how little importance national boundaries in the Pokemon world seem to have compared to regional ones. Separate countries do exist in both the anime (e.g., the kingdom with all the Togepi from the Misty two-parter) and the games (e.g., Lt. Surge is "the Lightning American" and fought in a war; a few other characters are vaguely said to be "from another country"), but they don't come up very often.

It's probably safe to ignore all the real world references in Gen 1 since that was before it was a franchise.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Only Game Freak games are mainline.

IIRC, doesn't Game Freak hate Colosseum and Gale of Darkness for being "not in accordance with their vision" (i.e., their plots are too dark/edgy)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

It's probably safe to ignore all the real world references in Gen 1 since that was before it was a franchise.

Isn't he still "The Lightning American" in HGSS (Gen 4), though? And the point about other characters said to be "from another country" (like Fantina) still stands.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 28, 2019