Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looking cool counts for a lot and Orochi looked cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

At least Saitama got something to do, which is nice

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

More importantly, he finally found out who's responsible for all the ruckus going on around his house.

Edit: on a related note, every time I go to check something on Saitama's wiki page I'm always tickled by the portrait progression between Manga, Anime, and Web Comic.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 26, 2019

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
rt if the girl in the third image is etc etc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Still so insanely thrilled that Ikkaku got so much appreciation in general.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Silver Fang being able to do the same as well is a real hype flavor of totally nuts too.

His brother just seemed to duck out of the way.

Also rip cape baldy's cape. Now he's just Baldy. :(

Orochi looked amazing, I'm going to miss him. And I think he's like the third to "accurately" gauge Saitama's power from the first look.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

seriously, murata created a monstrous sense of scale with orochi. every panel featuring orochi just oozes perspective showing off how loving massive the snakeman is, honestly imo it's the most impressive art murata has done in the manga that doesn't involve colors

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Another perfect chapter, 10/10 it just does not get old. It helps that Murata is just beyond mortal with his art, I mean holy crap.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
considering how well murata does scale I can’t wait for his take on That Panel

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Darth TNT posted:

His brother just seemed to duck out of the way.

well bomb is the cool older brother

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Oxxidation posted:

considering how well murata does scale I can’t wait for his take on That Panel

The one where Tatsumaki pulls the entire hideout above ground?

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Maxwell Adams posted:

That Panel Speculation aka webcomic poo poo:

I was guessing God panel because it's another example of small person big thing

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Maxwell Adams posted:

Basically any panel could conceivably be That Panel

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
For real there's a bunch I can think of but the one I guessed at above had some reasoning thrown at it.

This comic real good basically.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The only panel that can be THAT panel

SERIOUS TABLE FLIP

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

The only panel that can be THAT panel

SERIOUS TABLE FLIP

Yeah this what I was thinkin' too

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

lol this isnt the webomic thread.
Oh hey an add-on i have makes spoilers not work.

Waiting with baited breath on a NUMBER of panels. Most of all the Ultimate Hellfire Burst Wave Motion Cannon

And the reveal of just how big brained tatsumaki is

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 27, 2019

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And the reveal of just how big brained tatsumaki is

If Murata is smart he'll just copy that panel straight out of the webcomic.

On the other hand, I think it'd be amusing to see a super detailed Murata spread of that panel. :v

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

bacon flaps posted:

That Panel Speculation aka webcomic poo poo:

I was guessing God panel because it's another example of small person big thing

this panel is That Panel

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I want to see Murata do the page that's an animated gif.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm still really excited for Serious Series: Serious Pattycake

aw poo poo awfukc how long has that spoiler been missing

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 28, 2019

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Oxxidation posted:

this panel is That Panel

what do i win

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

bacon flaps posted:

what do i win

You win That Panel drawn by Murata!*

*prize to be delivered in between six months to three years.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since we're talking ONE and there's no proper thread to talk about the differences:

My problem with Orochi is that previously, a pretty big part of the arc was the fact that the heroes could take on the organization by themselves, until the very last moment when we found out they couldn't when one of the monsters turned out to be stronger than it seemed. With Orochi and just how massive it seems to be in every single sense of the word, that simply does not exist. There's a tension from the heroes' side which I guess was sort of preserved in Child Emperor's fight but now that we saw Saitama obliterate the gigantic boss monster we know both that he's there to save the day and that there's no way the heroes could take on the monsters if Saitama wasn't there, while in the original we only know that in the last minute when they underestimate one of them.

It's no wonder that Orochi had to be killed in one chapter and it was a very loving fun chapter by itself, but yeah it seemed like he was a bit of a purposeless monster.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 28, 2019

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Elentor posted:

Since we're talking ONE and there's no proper thread to talk about the differences:

i mean, if it's discussion that spoils future manga events, why couldn't it be had in the one version thread? if it doesn't spoil future events, people talk about the differences in this thread all the time. just like, i dunno, seems like if you're talking to other people who read the one version, you post in the one thread, and if you're talking to people who haven't, post in the manga thread

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The ONE thread is the right thread for that because you can't spoil the Murata version if you're caught up and if you're not caught up with ONE's, you probably don't give that much of a gently caress about ONE's Vs Murata's versions

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The problem is basically some variation of the same problem every single time: The manga version adds a lot more, but it's not clear that all the new stuff helps the pacing or clarity of the story. It basically always comes down to that in some way or another.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It may hurt the pacing, it may help the pacing. The one thing it definitely does though is look loving incredible.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Hot take: One punch man manga actually isn't thát good.

It looks stunning, has some marvelous looking action, but without jokes it's a hollow experience with no tension. Which is a problem when we're in a long stretch focusing on battle.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what's everyone's opinion on how the 20 page introduction of metal knight's robot in the meteor arc affects the pacing? it looks absolutely stunning, but it's 20 pages dedicated to an unnamed robot flying and then landing. would the manga be better without that sequence?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

what's everyone's opinion on how the 20 page introduction of metal knight's robot in the meteor arc affects the pacing? it looks absolutely stunning, but it's 20 pages dedicated to an unnamed robot flying and then landing. would the manga be better without that sequence?

It needed being cut, just like all the zoom-in poo poo that Murata's got such an annoying goddamn hard-on for. Yeah I get it, the meteor is far away and Boros' ship is large, knock it the gently caress off already.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

all that stuffs good

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I'd say the pacing would be better with one or the other. Both happened pretty quickly in sequence and the only thing that metal knight's entrance brought to the table that the meteor's zoom out didn't was some Pretty Cool Color.

Boros's ship zoom in was the setup for a Saitama joke. And was referenced when Boros blew up most of his own ship later :v:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
How is "Is the right thread for this talk the one where it's a spoiler for the work or the one where it isn't?" even a question? At the least, don't start the ONE spoiler chat on the same page people are also using spoilers for the current Murata chapter; the ONE conversation now has people responding to spoilered-out posts with their own spoilered posts, so while the initial post might have had a warning about being about ONE's version, by the second response it's just black bars in response to black bars and you can't tell which version is being talked about without revealing the spoilers. Which, if you haven't read the ONE version, is not ideal. If this thread also has people talking about the new anime season to compare it to the version it's derived from, then it seems like the ONE-Murata comparisons should be in the ONE thread.

I mean, I know that having a conversation about stuff you know about around people who don't and being publicly secretive about it is half the point of these posts for some people, but seriously. If your conversation is meant solely for people who are familiar with the ONE version, then there's no reason for it to not be in the ONE thread. Posting that here seems intentionally rude. Also, pretty clearly against the rules (or, the "guidelines" from the rules thread, at least):

quote:

If a manga has an anime adaptation (which is the most common scenario) and the anime has its own thread, abstain from posting spoilers from the original manga on the anime thread.

Edit: This post said it much more succinctly:

ninjewtsu posted:

i mean, if it's discussion that spoils future manga events, why couldn't it be had in the one version thread? if it doesn't spoil future events, people talk about the differences in this thread all the time. just like, i dunno, seems like if you're talking to other people who read the one version, you post in the one thread, and if you're talking to people who haven't, post in the manga thread

As for the pacing subject, I don't think the meteor arc is an example of bad pacing? I mean, Metal Knight's robot arriving was a lot of pages, sure, but it didn't take long to get through them unless you spent a whole lot of time admiring each one. It was almost like a small flipbook section in the manga. Pacing issues, at least as I understand them, would be more like where the Murata version adds new scenes that, despite having a lot of dialog and stuff, don't actually add new stuff and just wind up padding out the arc. It's not just "this took a whole lot of pages", because not every page takes the same amount of time, in-comic or out, if that makes sense.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Darth TNT posted:

Hot take: One punch man manga actually isn't thát good.

:psyduck:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theyre not alone in thinking that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

My biggest concern with Manga right now is while Orochi looks cool and the expanded S Class fights were cool I can't remember where Garou is in all of this.

This arc is about him too you know.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Theyre not alone in thinking that.

Yeah unfortunately there are tons of dumb people out there

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Electric Phantasm posted:

My biggest concern with Manga right now is while Orochi looks cool and the expanded S Class fights were cool I can't remember where Garou is in all of this.

Whenever he shows up again it's gonna own because his stuff always owns. Have faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

He went for a cola.