Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gargamel Gibson posted:

So it's like a "hello".

wrong hey. its more like the "hey what the gently caress are you doing" hey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Hello used to be an expression of surprise, you dig?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

AkumaHokoru posted:

wrong hey. its more like the "hey what the gently caress are you doing" hey

In highschool, the new principal told us we couldn't put "Hey You!" on a poster because it was too... confrontational or something. School admin are weird fucks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

A good old fashioned smoke off

With the smoke rising up from... below them?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

In highschool, the new principal told us we couldn't put "Hey You!" on a poster because it was too... confrontational or something. School admin are weird fucks.

because hey is usually aggressive. the casual hey is the anomaly.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Lobok posted:

With the smoke rising up from... below them?

Hot things rise above cooler, and their tempers are causing liftoff

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Superman #11

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Out - Chapter 127 & 129

tl;dr setup: Guy with the white hair, Meguro, is trying to survive getting murdered by a rival gang. He's already been beaten half to death after winning the fight against his previous opponent, and has passed out from exhaustion while trying to stay hidden

(As always read Right to Left)

Caught in a worst case scenario, he's got no choice but to fight his way out on the verge of collapse.

Verrrrrry cool Bosozuko/Japanese Biker Gang manga.

Out can be read here

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 22, 2019

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ryuji Yamazaki in Fatal Fury: The High School Years

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

That one panel that's just a photo of a snake with a filter over it is really distracting when placed next to the rest of that very nice art.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Copra rules

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does the frog in his face want revenge as well?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
He just doesn't want to croak anymore.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Fiffe art is incredible, sorry friend

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

the Watcher cold turned this dumb rear end in a top hat into a playing card for all eternity

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I did not quite realize Uatu had that kind of thunder under the hood.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Watchers are bonkers-rear end powerful and hemmed in only by a deeply-codified sense of guilt; I can't remember if it was 90s Quasar or Silver Surfer that illustrated what they're capable of, but they basically make Asgard look like daycare

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're basically all the Spectre but with the Federation Prime Directive from Star Trek in place.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
So did that guy finally feel the sweet release of death when Cap destroyed Vegas?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

The Watchers are bonkers-rear end powerful and hemmed in only by a deeply-codified sense of guilt; I can't remember if it was 90s Quasar or Silver Surfer that illustrated what they're capable of, but they basically make Asgard look like daycare

Quasar had them all killing themselves because they realized that by observing they were inherently interfering, then Quasar talked them out of it and the dead Watchers resurrected themselves. They're basically omnipotent Star Trek aliens with the exception that they don't usually make lesser species fight each other for the fate of their planets.

But, yeah, Uatu can be stone cold sometimes.

[Watcher just stands there asking questions about the alien's plan for a long time so the invader doesn't realize his ship is being destroyed behind him.]

There's actually multiple stories in the Tales of the Watcher series in which Uatu goes, "Yeah... I'm just going to stand here and watch you die."

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Man, Quasar was such a good series.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Random Stranger posted:

Quasar had them all killing themselves because they realized that by observing they were inherently interfering, then Quasar talked them out of it and the dead Watchers resurrected themselves. They're basically omnipotent Star Trek aliens with the exception that they don't usually make lesser species fight each other for the fate of their planets.

But, yeah, Uatu can be stone cold sometimes.

[Watcher just stands there asking questions about the alien's plan for a long time so the invader doesn't realize his ship is being destroyed behind him.]

There's actually multiple stories in the Tales of the Watcher series in which Uatu goes, "Yeah... I'm just going to stand here and watch you die."
I've just been reading the Jeff Parker Hulk series, which after Loeb's run of Red Hulk curbstomping everyone starts with him getting his rear end kicked by half the marvel universe, and there's a bit where Red Hulk is about to be sucked into the event horizon of a blakc hole and Uatu shows up to pull that move.

Then a backup story sees him going to see a cosmic gribbly emerge - which can't detect him or the other Watcher, but does detect trace elements of Red Hulk and goes off to Earth to fight him.

Because Red Hulk once punched Uatu in the face, you see.

I'm only like three issues in, and I can't wait to see how Uatu fucks him over next. :allears:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Good. GOOD.

I love Uatu and that Red Hulk punch was such a corny, lovely move.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I mean, I've read enough Bendis to be painfully familiar with "let's crack open OHOTMU at random and not read the source material" but Loeb Red Hulk was some lazy-rear end "I wrote something good once, I don't need an editor" bullshit and yeah, I hated it enough to double-post.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
So does that oath of non-interference mean he's just gonna leave the guy's asphyxiated corpse on his front lawn?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gnome de plume posted:

So does that oath of non-interference mean he's just gonna leave the guy's asphyxiated corpse on his front lawn?

:smuguatu:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Gnome de plume posted:

Well once he dies, he stops being a being and becomes just trash on the lawn.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

seaborgium posted:

Well once he dies, he stops being a being and becomes just trash on the lawn.

I'd call that a reasonable interpretation of not interfering with the destiny of another being, though in the MU your first death isn't necessarily your last, so "destiny" becomes a bit plastic.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The Flash #65

(technically Bruce you did forget a partner existed but it's okay because Stephanie Brown forgot she was Robin too)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TwoPair posted:

(technically Bruce you did forget a partner existed but it's okay because Stephanie Brown forgot she was Robin too)

But since he forgot he didn't know he was being a hypocrite.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
What was even the point Bruce was supposed to be making?

"We are terrible and the people around us are suffering for it."

"What about the one time we sucked so hard that someone was literally erased from existence then, smart guy?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
He's lashing out because Barry's right. Also anytime someone has the opportunity to burn Barry Allen they should take it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Batman's cave countermeasures against Flash are just a bunch of guns?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lobok posted:

Batman's cave countermeasures against Flash are just a bunch of guns?

Maybe they're not supposed to hit him, just make him dodge in such a way that Bruce can predict where he'll be.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Some impressive mouths in those panels

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
New 52 stuff and de-aging of Batman just fucks so much up. It's also insanely disrespectful of Tim Drake how they decided "he now never went by Robin" since he's the only person to headline nearly 200 issues of a comic titled "Robin," before New 52 there was more issues published of "Robin" than "Nightwing"

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Cabbit posted:

Maybe they're not supposed to hit him, just make him dodge in such a way that Bruce can predict where he'll be.

If Bruce can't predict that the answer to "where is the Flash while he's fighting me" is always "up in my poo poo, infinity punching me", he's not really the World's Greatest Detective, is he?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Look, those guns gave him time to either prepare a counterattack or fix his cowl and grunt. And Batman cares about his brand.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Those are some ugly loving pencils and inks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Skwirl posted:

New 52 stuff and de-aging of Batman just fucks so much up. It's also insanely disrespectful of Tim Drake how they decided "he now never went by Robin" since he's the only person to headline nearly 200 issues of a comic titled "Robin," before New 52 there was more issues published of "Robin" than "Nightwing"

Hey, it's not like half-assing a line wide reboot resulting in massive internal contradictions and disruption of fan favorite characters has ever bitten DC comics in the rear end before.