Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Chance II posted:

Ah, I was willing to assume the finger placement was accidental. Think I'm going to just stay away from that group regardless. Last time I was at the store they play at, multiple neckbeard strangers waxed poetic about their steel legion army that had "period appropriate" German camo. 3 separate people with 3 separate wink wink ww2 styled steel legion. Yeesh.

Steel legion was based off WW1 German uniforms though... a little French too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

LingcodKilla posted:

Death Korps costs money, though, and basement dwellers don't make THAT much.

That said, aren't the DK also based somewhat on Entente soldiers as well?

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

LingcodKilla posted:

They are based on a lot of things from ww1 and ww2 french and german like a lot of IG stuff. So when I get multiple mouth breathers proudly talking up their feldgrau space dollies it doesn't take a huge leap of judgement to figure why they latched onto the fallschirmjäger parts of the design. I was born and raised in the deep south and been around enough confederate flags that its hard not to notice when people are a little too proud of iconography that they shouldn't be.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Chance II posted:

They are based on a lot of things from ww1 and ww2 french and german like a lot of IG stuff. So when I get multiple mouth breathers proudly talking up their feldgrau space dollies it doesn't take a huge leap of judgement to figure why they latched onto the fallschirmjäger parts of the design. I was born and raised in the deep south and been around enough confederate flags that its hard not to notice when people are a little too proud of iconography that they shouldn't be.

Buh buh buh history not ha-hahahahah.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

LingcodKilla posted:

Buh buh buh history not ha-hahahahah.

heritage :airquote:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

That said, aren't the DK also based somewhat on Entente soldiers as well?

They are yeah, they're far more French than German in their overall design.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The new way is unironic Necromunda arbiters.

A part of me hopes the marine fingers just means that he gets to punch you.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Needs a baby unicorn

Update: they got their baby unicorn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrp2nmfzxio

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I hated that fuckin unicorn. Even as a kid I realized it was a lazy device for when the writers couldn't think of how to move the characters from point a to b.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Just to bring things back on subject I thought I'd track down some actual cosplay of Uni and about half of the Animated D&D cosplay groups I found seemed to be from Brazil so the show must have been super popular over there, hence the Renault ad.

A pretty significant percentage of the other photos had the person dressed as Diana The Acrobat wearing blackface

What's up with that, Animated D&D fans??? :chloe:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Amazing Emil (OG nier and automata versions) with the main character voice actors. Saw him in person it ruled.

https://twitter.com/CalculatedCosp1/status/1133041848711352321

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Penguiggy/status/1132741434409283584

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/dissstraction/status/1132928017628426240
https://twitter.com/Coultergheist/status/1132401896222670848
https://twitter.com/kyonijimura/status/1132445703203016705
https://twitter.com/KogashiwaKai/status/1132419804705374208

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this character looks like someone tried to design something as utterly un-cosplayable as possible and cosplayers instead took it as a challenge

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Invictus posted:

this character looks like someone tried to design something as utterly un-cosplayable as possible and cosplayers instead took it as a challenge

It sure didn't work for Quiet :v:. Also goddamn, that girl must have a spine of titanium and the upper body strength of a bodybuilder :stare:.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
cool thing about that costume is you could turn it into a hsien-ko cosplay no sweat

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

A themed post.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ist5wfM

duz has a new favorite as of 03:53 on May 28, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am very thankful for Spy cosplay still being a thing

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also goddamn, that girl must have a spine of titanium and the upper body strength of a bodybuilder :stare:.

Could be just a "chestpiece" prosthetic.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Could be just a "chestpiece" prosthetic.

I meant the character image, not the actual cosplay.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Also, boobs aside, unless those gauntlets have a built in chair she's doing a constant... Uh... I'm sure that it must have a name, but I don't know it. Some kind of reverse push-up without your legs on the ground.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Elfface posted:

Also, boobs aside, unless those gauntlets have a built in chair she's doing a constant... Uh... I'm sure that it must have a name, but I don't know it. Some kind of reverse push-up without your legs on the ground.

It looks more like those gauntlet things are pressed together and she's just sitting atop them as a chair. You gotta remember the thumbs are somewhere under her butt as well.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Elfface posted:

I'm pretty sure the cosplayer is just standing on the ground like a regular human.

Here's another one:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yeah they're probably made of 10mm foam and weight a few pounds at most. The biggesty difficulty of carrying them is more than likely their wind resistance, in open areas.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The costume is impressive but jfc when people rag on anime that character is basically what they’re talking about. :gonk:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah they're probably made of 10mm foam and weight a few pounds at most. The biggesty difficulty of carrying them is more than likely their wind resistance, in open areas.

Are you talking about the arms or the chest

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I'm pretty sure the cosplayer is just standing on the ground like a regular human.

ETA that's not to say that it doesn't happen ....

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Are you talking about the arms or the chest

lol

But the arms.

Possibly also the trousers.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ETA that's not to say that it doesn't happen ....

I think someone posted in this thread about her making-of of that setup and it was really fascinating.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

A couple friends of mine cosplayed as quest giver NPCs (original designs by the druid lady on the right, she does theatrical costuming semi-professionally but cosplay purely as a hobby).

They had a bunch of quest cards with missions, and if you asked for a quest, they'd give you one. If you completed the quest and found them again and turned it in, you got to grab a potion and a gem from the treasure chest.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Admittedly silly, but I wonder if taking a solo picture of that Spy wearing the Sans mask from above would count.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

A couple friends of mine cosplayed as quest giver NPCs (original designs by the druid lady on the right, she does theatrical costuming semi-professionally but cosplay purely as a hobby).

They had a bunch of quest cards with missions, and if you asked for a quest, they'd give you one. If you completed the quest and found them again and turned it in, you got to grab a potion and a gem from the treasure chest.

Interactive cosplays are the best.

Especially ones that give rewards like that.

Did the video fo Bill Doran giving away blasters to Reys whilst dressed as Han Solo ever get posted here? It's adorable.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Admittedly silly, but I wonder if taking a solo picture of that Spy wearing the Sans mask from above would count.

Knowing them, they would have played along and pretended to be completely fooled.

EDIT: I realized I posted about them last year too, she's the pizza delivery girl and he's the fisherman.

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

This next one is one I took of some friends of mine - they really were giving out free pizza!

https://twitter.com/LetsJetTogether/status/1000496830176624640

The guy on the right also did this one, which I wish I had a better quality picture of.

Sit on my Jace has a new favorite as of 00:58 on May 29, 2019

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

thespaceinvader posted:

Interactive cosplays are the best.

Especially ones that give rewards like that.

Adam Savage once dressed up as No Face from Spirited Away at Comic-Con and was giving away tiny little golden nuggets to people, but then those people started coming back and returning the nuggets to him and he was confused for a second until he realised the gold nuggets in the movie were cursed.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Another cosplay from the quests druid:

Yes, it's actually being worn there. There were legholes on the bottom, and there's enough space inside and she's small enough that it was possible to crouch down inside it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Would've been a pretty good schtick to just be walking around in that with lacey hose

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Raptor1033 posted:

Would've been a pretty good schtick to just be walking around in that with lacey hose

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I TASTE WITH MY SKIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Screaming Idiot posted:

I TASTE WITH MY SKIN

HOLY poo poo YES