Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

How do I un-italian my Ali on the mobile website?

I’ve deleted all my cookies but it’s still stuck redirecting me to the Italian site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Horse Clocks posted:

I’ve deleted all my cookies but it’s still stuck redirecting me to the Italian site.

Account > settings > language

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Horse Clocks posted:

How did you even get it to be in Italian? I downloaded the app from the Italian Play Store, my phone is set to Italian, and yet the app has been set to English by default for me.

e: I totally missed "website", ignore me.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
The Dutch Disease has struck again, but in spaghetti lingua

My best Ali purchase lately was a vegetable bed liner (6'x2') - it's gonna be a pumpkin patch in my backyard :3:

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Mocking Bird posted:

The Dutch Disease has struck again, but in linguini

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Snowy posted:

Account > settings > language

Perfect, cheers

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i got some of those aviators someone did UV testing on in here, they're good

thank

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Here's some items I've been happy with recently!

Black harem pants: I'm 155cm and I'll need to cut the cords on the legs so they don't drag on the ground, but otherwise I love these.

Diagonal zipper hoodie: Mostly I wear this done all the way up, the lapels are bigger and further down the chest than they look in the photo. Done up it looks neat though, especially with that snap band thing that's hanging off the hood done up. I could provide photos

Some bullshit rocks: I don't believe in this stuff but I have these on my mantle for the aesthetique

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Killingyouguy! posted:

Here's some items I've been happy with recently!

Black harem pants: I'm 155cm and I'll need to cut the cords on the legs so they don't drag on the ground, but otherwise I love these.

how are the pockets on the harem pants, killingyouguy!?

I discovered some costume jewelry/fashion wholesalers in my city, so I've been cutting back on my AE orders (similar prices, but I can see them before I buy them and feel less guilty about shipping? I'm there!), but I recently ordered this set of coasters.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/n8mSQJm

I think it's charming :3:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hug in a Can posted:

I discovered some costume jewelry/fashion wholesalers in my city, so I've been cutting back on my AE orders (similar prices, but I can see them before I buy them and feel less guilty about shipping? I'm there!), but I recently ordered this set of coasters.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/n8mSQJm

I think it's charming :3:

Ok those are cute AF but I worry they won’t work very well as coasters. You’ll need to post a trip report when you get them.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hug in a Can posted:

they're right on the seam so they're a little further back than normal but they are !!DEEP!!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Me cyberpunking into the internet thanks to AliExpress.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Any recommendations for an android compatible, round faced, goonomorph sized smart watches? No need for SIM card.

Even using the filter on the app brings up thousands.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
What features are you after my man? For regular notification displays and fitness functions you should check out the Amazfit Bip.

For more fancy stuff check out TicWatch. Get ready to pay though.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on smartwatch chat, is there a way to set them up so that i can remotely check the heartrate of the wearer?
I have someone in the hospital that I would appreciate being able to remotely check some stats like heartrate and skin temp without having to get a hold of a nurse over the phone.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 28, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

on smartwatch chat, is there a way to set them up so that i can remotely check the heartrate of the wearer live? I have someone in the hospital that I would appreciate being able to remotely check some vitals like heartrate and skin temp without having to get a hold of a nurse over the phone.

I’m sure it’s possible with an android one but nearly all of the smart watches or even monitors need to be charged at least every few days. Also I’m not sure if any that do skin temperature yet.

I sure am curious as to the reason you’d need to do it vs trusting the hospital this person is in though.

You’d definitely need an android one and you might need to set up some forwarding rule for it to work. Unless you found one with a cell phone built in that you tied to your phone.

Even still you’d run into battery issues.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The hospital has a poor patient nurse ratio and lazy staff.
I frequently visit the room to find the patient with a spiked heartrate and drenched in sweat with the nurse swearing they were just there and didnt see anything wrong.

The bip says 30 days battery
Any smartwatch will probably do if the app i need exists.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

i got some of those aviators someone did UV testing on in here, they're good

thank

Link to the shades? Need cheap aviators for my softball team.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

No skin temp, but even a fitbit or whatever would probably work if they paired it to their phone and turned on all day sync - you could just log in to the fitbit app/site on your phone to see what was up.

Not live reporting , but reasonably current

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that seems most realistic. I was hoping for a solution that didnt need a phone present, but it looks like anything in that area gets a lot more expensive

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

that seems most realistic. I was hoping for a solution that didnt need a phone present, but it looks like anything in that area gets a lot more expensive

Yeah that’s gonna be the biggest issue. I mean maybe if the watch had WiFi it would push the data that way? I’d imagine this place place has poo poo WiFi though.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its actually a pretty good connection, every room has a 5ghz mesh extender

I am seeing an applewatch solution via the cardiogram app and "sharing" it with other iphone users so i know it exists. I just need to find the android or wear os version of it

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 28, 2019

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I got Aliexpress'd hard the other day. Ordered three rolls of washi tape to add to my collection and got this envelope in the mail:

Opened it up to find this:

On the plus side I also received this bag I ordered on DHGate and it's awesome. Almost a perfect replica of the real thing except the lining is dark red instead of bright yellow:

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Fauxtool posted:

I frequently visit the room to find the patient with a spiked heartrate and drenched in sweat with the nurse swearing they were just there and didnt see anything wrong.

Thinking about it, how will the watch help this hosed up situation?
If you get an alert on your phone that their HR/temp is high, what are you going to do? Call the hospital and demand they send the nurse round or drive there yourself?

Don't get me wrong, I am very sympathic to you, but I can't see how this helps. Best I could suggest is a monitor they wear for a week, then you collate the data and use it to complain about the healthcare and get them moved somewhere competent.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cyberia posted:

I got Aliexpress'd hard the other day. Ordered three rolls of washi tape to add to my collection and got this envelope in the mail:

nooooo

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

cyberia posted:

DIY kit, assembly required.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I mean they got the adhesive part of the tape to you.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shut up Meg posted:

Thinking about it, how will the watch help this hosed up situation?
If you get an alert on your phone that their HR/temp is high, what are you going to do? Call the hospital and demand they send the nurse round or drive there yourself?

Don't get me wrong, I am very sympathic to you, but I can't see how this helps. Best I could suggest is a monitor they wear for a week, then you collate the data and use it to complain about the healthcare and get them moved somewhere competent.

asking nicely instead of demanding then checking the heartrate a hour later to see if anything was done. They arent malicious, mostly incompetent and lazy. They do their job when they know it needs to be done, they just dont look very hard.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

It says right there on the tube, "it's a surprise adhesive"

definitely can't say that is a lie, no sir

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hug in a Can posted:

I don't remember this dangeresque quote

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

goblin week posted:

I don't remember this dangeresque quote

perducci! :argh:

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties

cyberia posted:

On the plus side I also received this bag I ordered on DHGate and it's awesome. Almost a perfect replica of the real thing except the lining is dark red instead of bright yellow:

Oh got a link for that bag? Love to get one of those

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

by.a.teammate posted:

Oh got a link for that bag? Love to get one of those

Same, it's super cute!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

The bip says 30 days battery
Any smartwatch will probably do if the app i need exists.

Bip isn't going to do heart rate for 30 days
Also by the time you get something from Ali Express your relative will be out of hospital or have passed on due to neglect.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
sometimes i get things from ali in like a week and a half

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

heeheex2 posted:

sometimes i get things from ali in like a week and a half

I bought this

for the office and it arrived inside of a week, I was shook until I went back to the listing and it was shipped from France to the UK :o:

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
Dammit they cancelled my nick cage pillow just as it said it had arrived in the country.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Moot .1415926535 posted:

Dammit they cancelled my nick cage pillow just as it said it had arrived in the country.

Sue them for emotional trauma.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Link please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
Ugh. So I ended up falling into the hell of pins. I regret nothing!

http://imgur.com/a/e5ahEX9