Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Kacie posted:

How is it that our characters are time traveling? Is there some power they gained, or is it the power of CODA and rewarding the player for making it here? --I am really enjoying all this, but I confess I am more than a little lost on the plot at this point.

I'll clarify it when we get our next update, but if you go back to one of the first CODA updates when you beat the game, it explains you can time travel in order to experience the additional timelines. It's why you can recruit and keep characters in your party in timelines you shouldn't be able to.

But the way the CODA is written with all of its flags, all of the characters required to be alive in the Law Route are the ones who get additional CODA dialogue.

It's why Cressida and characters like that say nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

waah posted:

I'll clarify it when we get our next update, but if you go back to one of the first CODA updates when you beat the game, it explains you can time travel in order to experience the additional timelines. It's why you can recruit and keep characters in your party in timelines you shouldn't be able to.

I... did not know this. I assumed that it time lines where they shouldn't exist, special characters were essentially removed from the roster.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

JustJeff88 posted:

I... did not know this. I assumed that it time lines where they shouldn't exist, special characters were essentially removed from the roster.

No, you can bring Law Vyce to fight Chaos Vyce for example, but they don't interact.

You can make different story choices, do different things, but you can't "change" history

not until CODA3.

tithin fucked around with this message at 10:00 on May 11, 2019

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

waah posted:

But the way the CODA is written with all of its flags, all of the characters required to be alive in the Law Route are the ones who get additional CODA dialogue.

It's why Cressida and characters like that say nothing.

It's the game explicitly telling you Law route is best route.

I still have a hard time with the Balmamusa choice in Ch.1 :smith:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Could this be? A time travel plot that's actually interesting? My goodness...

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

In episode 12(26 according to the front page), the line
: And you rise to the bait like a spring trout. Ha!

Is attributed to Vyce rather than Canopus.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 23, 2019

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Episode 12 proper or the Coda?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Didn't realize the episodes reset, 12 from chapter 2.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Knight of Lodis is good and people should go play it.

Mezzanon posted:

That game was great! Is there any legal way to play it if you don’t have a disc?

Probably not? I have a disc so I just run an iso of it to save some hassle.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Evil Fluffy posted:

About that, here's an excuse to try Brigandine again:

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3236/

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

First update of Chapter 4 has a double screenshot right before: Catiua says: He abandoned me. And now I, him.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Evil Fluffy posted:

What a shame. I borrowed this game from a friend years ago, I wonder if they still have it. You’d think Brigandine would have made it to an E-shop sometime

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I sat down to crank out a good part of an update tonight and I ended up deep diving and gushing about Kyoto Kitahara.

If any of you can help me find a legit picture of Kitahara or more information other than that Kitahara worked on FFTA1 & 2, Knight of Lodis, this game, and a few others on metacritic, please DM me or post in the thread.

There may or may not be a post that's going to be devoted solely to Kyoto Kitahara and Hitoshi Sakamoto.

There most definitely will be

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm looking forward to a Hitoshi Sakamoto post.

The first game of his I played was Ogre Battle, and that soundtrack blew me away. Tactics Ogre and FFT were also gold, and I really liked what he did in Muramasa: the Demon Blade.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'm gonna compile my edits here till an update happens so I dont make too many comments.

https://lpix.org/2975792/20171115144555_1.png from episode 51 was posted twice.

Its just a battle screenshot, but I might as well mention it since I did those others, you know for the eventual archiving.

Episode 53 has this line:
: Does nothing escape you? I shall have to take blind swordsmen much more seriously. To watch you moe, it is clear you are no common warrior. Let our steel sing, then. Your crimes against Lodis demand blood!

Moe, should be Move. I see you got that from the Gamefaqs script.

And yeah LPs nice, love this game.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 24, 2019

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I will get around to fixing those eventually
I only say eventually because right now I'm hammering this scotch and wishing everyone else was dead.

hope you're enjoying the LP though!

tithin fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 23, 2019

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I was hoping to have you guys an update before the long weekend, but I've still got some work to do. However, I think I might have out done myself in awful photoshops, and I can't wait to push this update out next week. This update is a really effin long one and I can't decide if I just do Ozma update and the 2nd fight by themselves, or if I add the really lot plot sequence after it to the same update.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

WORLD: EPISODE 16 – Dillon Lanselot! You Son of a Bitch!
Greetings gentle goons and lady goons. I apologize for an incredibly long update. There's just no good way to break all of this up without lessening the impact of what happens in the story.

Where are we?

We are currently still in chapter 3 of the CODA along the Law path. We just beat Martym in a battle with some sick burns and…

Weeeeelll, it appears that I missed a few lines of dialogue. Thanks to thread regular Mauman, he informed me that I missed some interactions with Ozma and Martym. Now, we’ll fill in the what should have been in the last update.

: I thought you were in Heim with the high commander
: I overestimated you, Martym
: I believed you above such senelsess slaughter. You are a disgrace to the knights Loslorien!

Tactics Ogre: “Bring a Dictionary to Understand How Your Foe is Insulting You” edition

: Oh man you gu-

:goonsay: It’s too early in the update to start gushing of the dialogue Waah. Keep it together!

: Just take away all my sunshine why don’t you.

Either way, the battle continues on as it normally would, but I don’t know if we killed Martym too quick last time, or if these lines happen only with Ozma in the fight.

: But it’s the wounded pride that stings. Only one remedy for that. Crush him!

If the characterization for the Dark Knights didn’t come across to you somehow yet, the CODA really drives home the fact that they think of the citizens of the Valerian Isles as beneath them. Anyone who isn’t born of Lodis is almost subhuman, which makes for a very interesting bit of self-reflection from a certain Dark Knight. It also proves to be curious when the events of Knight of Lodis are taken into account considering that Lanselot Tartaros is not a native citizen of Lodis. Yet, all of the Dark Knights are in deference of him until the betrayal of Barbas, Martym, and Andoras right before you fight Regent Brantym in Heim near the end of the regular game.

It’s highly recommended that you refresh yourself with Tithin’s Episode 61 from the original game to get the most out of the rest of the CODA.

Again, the CODA really fills in some gaps and questionable motivations in the regular story. Since Martym is xenophobic to a fault him turning on Lans Tartaros is understandable since there was likely some sort of lingering doubt that Lans Tartaros isn’t a “worthy” ruler. Barbas we’ll talk more about later in the update. Andoras, well he’s an extremely conflicted character who we most definitely will see a defining moment of self-reflection in an update soon.

With that said back to the present.

It’s true, we are extremely over levelled. Martrym only real chance is to hope that he can out run us as we are laden down with OP gear.

From there the fight continues and ends as shown in the previous update.

Can we crowdfund to get Kyoko Kitahara more work?
http://archive.is/lly6f

In that post, it explains that series designer Yasumi Matsuno wrote a long post explaining how he was delegating authority to his staff based on the size of the PSP remake script.

quote:

As an example, while Matsuno himself is rewriting the existing scenarios, for the new character episodes and other such parts, he'll write the plot and leave the actual dialogue and structure to Kitahara. Some areas, like revisions and additions for the help text and the Warren Report text, are being left to other staffers. Matsuno oversees the whole effort and will also do some rewrites. He believes that the player will not be able to figure out who wrote what.

Each of these lines may not be the entirely Kitahara’s work, but being that she worked on Knight of Lodis and the PSP remake, and all of the ways the CODA references Knight of Lodis, I’m putting my money on Kitahara being the genius behind this dialogue. And whoever was behind the English translation of her lines, being just as much of a genius. Few games make mortal enemies show so much venom towards each other, and this game does it with pixel art and a grid.

Approximately 700 words later, lets finally get to the start of the “new” content!
:shepicide:

Sir Lanselot Hamilton will be a guest character in this battle. While he has some suicidal AI tendencies, this battle is hardly as challenging as the ones we’ve recently completed. There’s no need for massive preparation as Lans having high levels in skills like parry and over power make him an excellent character to scavenge skills off his dead corpse as you repeatedly replay this scenario stand up to the enemies who will attacking him.

The townsfolk scurry away as the Dark Knights take over the town.

I bet Lans and Ozma would make some amazing warrior kids. BRB, about to write the first ever Tactics Ogre romance fan fic.

: How I have longed for this moment.

It makes sense now why Lanselot got his rear end captured in the original timeline. He charged into battle vs an entire detachment all by himself, without having a fireseal and legendary items equipped. That will get you put in a torture dungeon every time.

: Reinforcements from Almorica?

Barbas then proves he’s smarter than Lans, and calls in a lot of units to help defeat us.

: You’ll find me no easy quarry.

Now, as this battle starts up, you get wind of a brand new song that as far as I know has yet to be played at any other spot in the game.

It.

Is.

Awesome.

Hitoshi Sakamoto – A Meet With Destiny https://youtu.be/qdxF35w4ti4

What makes this song great is that right around 1:07, this could very easily be a track in one of the Valkyria Chronicles games. I’m going to avoid going on a tangent, Sakamoto chat is for another update, but please listen to this song if you’ve stuck with us this far.

: No Don Quixote, I can handle Barbas.

: Leave them to me
: Be careful.
: Good advice for us both.

This is what Lanselot is equipped with. It might be just a *touch* overkill.

: I welcome your aid, Gildas. There was another lord commander. What became of him?

I mean not quite. He shift-stoned out there. Matrym is most certainly dead in the future, but as of right now he’s got all the red stuff in him. Don’t get over confident Gildas. You don’t fare too well in the neutral route either buddy

: A few scratches, but nothing grave.

: Your friends have rallied to you, Trebeck!

: I’m pretty sure you don’t actually call Lanselot, Alex Trebeck, in that line Warren.

: Then the day is ours Trebeck!

: You’ve gone senile old man, that line isn’t even in the game. Nothing but screen shots for you if you can’t stick to the script.

It starts to get comical that everyone talks so much while Lanselot is completely surrounded.

: What’s the single combat foolishness, eh?

Yep, it’s time to bring this photoshop back.

Canopus gets dunked on in the Coda count: 3

Midryn really is so incredibly boring. I wish they had given his lines to Raveness or given Raveness more speaking lines in the CODA instead of Midryn.

I don’t even have anything snarky or funny to add to his lines. Midryn’s like an uncharismatic Captain America.

This is also where I pretend that I had Ozma the first time I did this fight and that I didn’t completely redo chapter 3 and 4 after finishing off most of the rest of the post-game to get her lines in combat. Nope, this is totally the first time we’re doing this.

In case it’s not entirely clear, Ozma’s talking about Lanselot Tartaros here. Too many Lanselots.

And for all the love I give the translation, this line falls awful flat and awkward.

Even Barbas is like, would you make some sense here?

And with all the dialogue out of the way, our squad of death dealers begins making their way towards Lanselot and Barbas, albeit very slowly. While also making sure to seek out every possibly enemy to dispatch. They are thorough, if nothing else.

You’re not actually looking at the magic leaf here, it’s the fact that Barbas’s unique hammer can cause bound. That’s obviously very bad.

They umm.. also petrify poor Lanselot, which is actually useful for us.

Guys, I’m so, so, sorry for that.

Anyways, why something like that matters is because when Barbas has him lined up dead to rights, petrification lowers the physical damage Lanselot will take.

However, this ends up even better than can possibly have been scripted, Lanselot busts out of being a statue

And then one hit kills Barbas who is sitting at roughly 60% HP with a finishing move.

Well, again, knowing that we came back in time to prevent you from going to the torture dungeon where you end up getting brain mush like Rocky Balboa, I’d say so.

Even as powerful as we are, we can’t take out an entire army by ourselves. Weeeeeell, we might be able to, but the game isn’t going to let us try.

The screen fades to black and we flash back to the present time period.

: Great, even the main character is making fun of me now. Oh, he’s not talking about this LP? This is an actual line in the game and I’m just being defense. Oh.

: SHUT IT KLAIRE!

This is a real subtle thing here, but since we rescued Lanselot, it’s assumed he fought with us all the way through to the end of the game, but was too injured to participate in CODA chapter 1 and CODA chapter 2. It would be great if Lans actually had dialogue for chapter 4 story battles, but alas, he does not.

Uhhh… Klaire is 14. Exactly how many men has she met that have been worried they are past their prime? Either the Valerian Isles are really bleak when teenagers are worried about losing a step or we need to setup a sting operation.

: Then, where is Sir Lanselot now?

: Out front? I see. Thank you.

: Yes?

: Ah, true indeed. Have you thanked him properly?

: That is well, then.

I am going to have to bust out some video capture equipment to get some of this sprite work here. The amount of resources that had to go into Lanselot swinging his sword repeatedly during this coming scene is impressive. Again, there’s no where else in the game where this sprite animation is used. This is exclusively for this scene that 95% of people who play this game will never see. The CODA is for hardest of the hardcore fans, and it’s both appreciated and sad.

: A good morning to you, Sir Lanselot.

: As you can see, I’m fit as a fiddle. Ready to fight at the first cry of the horn.

: I’m glad your wounds were not more serious.

There is a great little scene here where Lanselot sheathes his sword with sprite work to boot.
: As I’m glad there’s not like to be much fighting for a while. Catiua’s coronation is soon.

: I’m told you’ll be returning to Xenobia before then.

: Aye. Brynhildr must be returned home as swiftly as possible. Though I regret I will not be able to see Catiua receive her crown. I will return to this island in the later days. I will see you both then, I trust.

Man, I really want to see Chapter 12 of the Ogre Battle Saga with Old Man Quixote and Old Woman Catiua coming out of retirement to kick rear end.

: I look forward to the day.

: Rumor has it you turned down an official command.
This is a good question and a common theme with in the Ogre Battle series. What does the hero do once he’s defeated the threat to the land? How does he go about not becoming just as evil as the evil he defeated? How does he keep the trust of the people and ensure the that rightful rulers are respected?

: Yes… I felt it best if I not linger in Heim. Though it was for Valeria, there is no denying the blood I’ve shed.

Again, in this time line, the Law timeline, we committed war crimes and massacred the residents of a fairly large city. Leave it to Tactics Ogre to make it so that the good guys are the ones who committed mass murder in the first 10 hours.

: While some vaunt me as a hero, there are many others who would resent having me for a protector.
In this, Tactics Ogre imitates real life. There are many soldiers and special forces operators who are in the orbits of high ranking government officials who may or may not have done awful things in search of the greater good. While some are willing to ignore such transgressions, others passionately object. Shades of grey are where Tactics Ogre operates best.

The only difference here is that Don Quixote has the good sense to know that he can’t stay and benefit from the sacrifices he made if the country is to move on. Whether that’s fair or not isn’t for him to decide.

: When the warring was done and a new kingdom firmly rooted, the man and his small entourage departed the castle.

: They would go on to appear in the events of Ogre Battle 64.

: Yes?

: “My war is over,” he said. “Let those who remain rebuild what has been lost.”

: Yes, he laid the foundation.

: I would have left with him then, but Warren stopped me. Thinking back on it now, I believe I remained in Xenobia so that I could come here, to Valeria, and meet you.

: A good question. I heard he made for the sea of Lhai. Other than that….

: …

: Xenobia? I…

: Don’t go blushing for Senpai again there Don Quixote.

: It need not be Xenobia, but you are yet young. Your journey to manhood lies before you.

To get serious for a second, this is some of the best life advice that Tactics Ogre gives, especially for a soldier. Getting a new perspective on life, especially after war is needed to keep you grounded and sane. To find the little moments of beauty and life that get dulled out from you as you become numb to the reality of war. To find the little moments in life that are inconsequential but provide the daily joy that makes life worth living. If you have the means to get out of your current situation even if only for a few days to just see life in a way you wouldn’t normally, do so to ground yourself and keep the ogres at bay.

: The continent… I hadn’t considered it, but there is merit in what you say.

: Well?

: I will then. Even if only to learn how I might better serve Valeria, I will go.

It’s hard to tell here in screen shot alone, but Lanselot throws Don Quixote something.

: My meeting with you opened my eyes, Don Quixote. I see now the value of setting down the burdens of the past – not forgetting them – to build a new future.

: Still… I cannot accept.

: Then let me propose something else. I will entrust the music box to your care for now. Bring it to Xenobia when you come, and we will bury it in my wife’s grave together.

: I will be waiting for you, Don Quixote.

Lans

You can buy Paladin marks for Lans from Deneb’s store, as can you buy marks for Warren.

Klaire

CODA Chapter 3: ~Fin~

I don’t try to time these up with Memorial Day in the states, but it seems like it’s happened again for the second year in a row. Call it a meaningful coincidence, serendipity, or blind luck. But as war is continually more glorified, and soldiers and servicemen are increasingly becoming caricatures of real humans with emotions, hopes, and dreams, let these moments in this game ground you.

The battles in Tactics Ogre glorify combat and heroism. They reward you for heroism of your units, and their ability to fight like demons. The aftermath of Tactics Ogre reminds you of how there are few good options in combat that will result in happy endings for all involved. Even the victors suffer wounds that aren’t always visible.

Remember the fallen in both this video game and in life. Don’t fall victim to blind worship of any one side as “good” and the other as “evil”. This year, I raise my glass to those who lived and lost their comrades and brothers in arms in those shades of grey. A wise man once said, “There's an unequal amount of good and bad in most things. The trick is to figure out the ratio and act accordingly.”

There is blood on my hands – how long till it lies on my heart.

waah fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 26, 2019

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm glad we saved Lanselot.

I keep forgetting the USA has been at war for a large part of my life.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Sea of Lhai is totally a mistranslation. It should be Sea of Rhye, since Matsuno is a major Queen fanboy.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Solumin posted:

I'm glad we saved Lanselot.

I keep forgetting the USA has been at war for a large part of my life.

there's a whole lot of words that could be written about how long the US has been at war, but I'm not american, and I am not emotionally invested in it.

Sure would be nice if they stopped rolling from one mess to another though.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Not a problem, happy to help...

Also, that spot you mentioned at 1:07 on that (awesome) song? Complete and total callback to Ogre Battle, March of the Black Queen. It's one of the main theme's played in the game.

Considering that Lans was your first recruit in that game, totally appropriate.

mauman fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 26, 2019

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

tithin posted:

there's a whole lot of words that could be written about how long the US has been at war, but I'm not american, and I am not emotionally invested in it.

Sure would be nice if they stopped rolling from one mess to another though.

It's a grand human tradition that there is always one region that is engaged in a constant stream of warfare for far longer than anyone should be comfortable with.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So CODA takes probably about 2-3 hours playtime max to play through.

There probably needs to be at least 4 or so posts about to avoid updates being as long as the one I just posted.

There is a *lot* going on in every battle that sometimes spans multiple games so expect lots of breakdowns.

We still have San Bronsa, Blackmoor, some quirky things and the 12 heavenly generals left guys!!!

My job is nowhere near done. :toot:
:negative:

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
Would the events is TO be happening at the same time as those in OB64? Or is it something that is even brought up beyond Lans' reference here?

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Otter Madness posted:

Would the events is TO be happening at the same time as those in OB64? Or is it something that is even brought up beyond Lans' reference here?

I've seen two theories.

1 - they happen at the same time

2 - 64 happens shortly after TO.

Either way it's likely they roughly meet up if not overlap.

The main argument against 1 is that a certain character from the original game that shows up in OB64 shows up in the bad(ish) ending of TO. So for 1 to work then 64 has to end RIGHT before the end of TO.

Either that or you have to just go with the idea that it was a cameo in a non-canon ending.

Also...

Please for the LOVE OF GOD let this poo poo happen :swoon:

mauman fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 28, 2019

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

These are some drat fine video games.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Turns out I needed an fft / to crossover in my life

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

mauman posted:

The main argument against 1 is that a certain character from the original game that shows up in OB64 shows up in the bad(ish) ending of TO. So for 1 to work then 64 has to end RIGHT before the end of TO.

Who? I been trying to figure out which character you mean all morning.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

Who? I been trying to figure out which character you mean all morning.

Gilbald (Gilbert in original translation of OB:MotBQ)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

My body is ready

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Aah him. My understanding of the timeline was:

Knight of Lodis

Approx 20-25 years pass (I refuse to believe Tartatos was only 15 in Knight of Lodis, I've played through a good portion of it recently and he talks and acts like a man in his very late late teens/early 20s. There is no way a 15 year old is commanding armies in a foreign land no matter what his ability. )

Ogre Battle (SNES)/Prince of Zenobia (Neo Geo Pocket)
These take place concurrently.

Gilbert is in his 50s in Ogre Battle and its mentioned that he saved Canopus's life in battle when they fought together 20+ years ago.

One Year after Ogre Battle ends - Ogre Battle 64

I can't find any immediate information about how long OB64 is supposed to have lasted, but I can't imagine it being longer than a year and a half in game, in order for Gilbert to be able to make it to the isles.

Shortly after OB64 events begin to play out (within 6 months) - Tactics Ogre PSP (we haven't gotten to this part of the CODA yet, but there is a character that explicitly states that the main game of TO PSP takes about a year or so to happen) Ozma when talking to Oz in the final battle of CODA 4

Deneb also appears in Ogre Battle 64, but no one is really sure which body is the uh... real Deneb as we've seen in game so far.

It is a bit if retconning but it makes sense for the Dark Knights to withdraw and Lanselot Tartaros to live to fight another day.

Within the span of 2 to 3 years, Lodis has lost multiple high commanders (Oz, Ozma, Martym, Barbas, and Andoras) and presumably most of their forces. They lost entire armies and commanders in the realm of Ogre Battle 64 due to both the resistance and the actual ogres. They have an upstart empire who have sent operatives to two separate countries to help with the effort against Lodissian forces with great success. Lodis is very much a super power who needs to regroup in the face of a new threat.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Bregor posted:

My body is ready

That’s a game that would make me lose a whole season in. “Huh, it’s warm out now”

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

Deneb also appears in Ogre Battle 64, but no one is really sure which body is the uh... real Deneb as we've seen in game so far.

Deneb is everywhere. Deneb is eternal. Hail Deneb.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Some more Vagrant Story would also be nice

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

mauman posted:

I've seen two theories.

1 - they happen at the same time

2 - 64 happens shortly after TO.

Either way it's likely they roughly meet up if not overlap.

Either that or you have to just go with the idea that it was a cameo in a non-canon ending.

Also...

Please for the LOVE OF GOD let this poo poo happen :swoon:

They're happening around the same time. IIRC, character in OB64 reference Lans and co being in Valeria and OB64 ends before TO does. One of the Lodis characters might reference Brynhildr being in Valeria as well but I can't recall for sure.

If he makes a new game I hope the backdrop is the growing tensions between Zenobia and Lodis.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"My next game is a 2500 hour epic that covers the entire Ogre Battle timeline, plus a new story that takes place afterward."

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Doctor Reynolds posted:

"My next game is a 2500 hour epic that covers the entire Ogre Battle timeline, plus a new story that takes place afterward."

This sounds like heaven.

The new post game dungeon is 500 floors of randomized loot tables.

:shepspends:

I might be permanently broken.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Doctor Reynolds posted:

"Co-written by Yoko Taro"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Doctor Reynolds posted:

waah posted:

This sounds like heaven.

The new post game dungeon is 500 floors of randomized loot tables.

:shepspends:

I might be permanently broken.

I need this....

so...

BADLY.

mauman fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 31, 2019