Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/sacbee_news/status/1133384956774887426

https://twitter.com/CarmenGeorge/status/1133212628694622208

wow this might put fresno on the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Shitheads? In my Fresno?!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yall are forgetting that jay sherman was from an extremely rich family, fuckin cash mogged again!!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the critic was an extremely realistic show in that anyone who makes a living doing media critique comes from a wealthy family

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Buy my look!
Buy my look!
BUY MY LOOK!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ghoul with hitler haircut says

https://twitter.com/justicedems/status/1133161393602138112

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if most of inceldom is just dudes with social anxiety and/or body dysmorphia becoming radicalized by each other because our culture doesn't really create support structures for dudes with those things very well. Also, a generous sprinkling of just hardcore violent misogynists

there's also lots of non-white incels who have completely internalised every piece of 4chan phrenology bullshit and i think quite a few severely closeted gay/bi and trans people as well. a lot going on really

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Incels aren't wrong that good bone structure makes you more attractive to women it's just that that's only part of being handsome and being handsome is only part of being attractive

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
the internet is basically a big insecurity/bullying feedback loop machine that our society isn’t remotely equipped to operate, it’s p hosed up imo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Allied Mastercomputer from I Have No Mouth

but it compliments us and gives free poo poo

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

the internet is basically a big insecurity/bullying feedback loop machine that our society isn’t remotely equipped to operate, it’s p hosed up imo

Fun fact rates of suicide and mental illness are correlated with what percentage of a person's life the internet has been around in. Gen Z has it the worst and Millenials have it the second worst

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

The women-dominated sections of the internet have been pretty pleasant and quite helpful imo. Fanfic boards could get nasty but really it's just nerds that are the problem

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The women-dominated sections of the internet have been pretty pleasant and quite helpful imo. Fanfic boards could get nasty but really it's just nerds that are the problem

It just depends on what type of women it is, same as how the toxicity of male-dominated spaces is based on what type of man it is

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Its Coke posted:

Fun fact rates of suicide and mental illness are correlated with what percentage of a person's life the internet has been around in. Gen Z has it the worst and Millenials have it the second worst

the Butlerians didn't go far enough

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Its Coke posted:

It just depends on what type of women it is, same as how the toxicity of male-dominated spaces is based on what type of man it is

sure there are relatively nice spaces here and there but lmao if you really think it depends on Who is participating rather than how the space is enforced or whatever. even the nicest people (regardless of how privileged or marginalized they are) will turn into totally vicious cannibals with the right prompting

Its Coke posted:

I really think in 50-100 years the way we blithely use social media will be compared to Victorian’s use of opium dens or putting radium in your coffee or whatever. just unimaginably bad for you with little to no understanding of how or why

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

sure there are relatively nice spaces here and there but lmao if you really think it depends on Who is participating rather than how the space is enforced or whatever. even the nicest people (regardless of how privileged or marginalized they are) will turn into totally vicious cannibals with the right prompting

I would say it depends on both and also that each one affects the other. Places with certain rules and cultures will attract certain kinds of people and vice versa. And I wasn't really talking about privilege or marginalization, more personality and interests

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hadn't thought about how the same people who fell hook line and sinker for the tide pod thing (and the knockout game before that and all the rest) is now loudly hollaring online about how they're proud to be drinking industrial bleach for health and longevity, but I am now and I'm laffoing

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Farm Frenzy posted:

there's also lots of non-white incels who have completely internalised every piece of 4chan phrenology bullshit and i think quite a few severely closeted gay/bi and trans people as well. a lot going on really
Contrapoints did a video that spent a lot of time looking at trans people hanging out on /lgbt/ and telling each other they couldn't possibly pass because of callipers.

It's always callipers. An incel looks perfectly normal and identical to a chad? Well yes but actually his prosupercranio-orbial ridgejaw is offset by point one three of an inch in the anterior, which will cause foids to immediately cross the street to avoid him. He may as well take the black pill post haste.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
hey just want to put a little tip that has served me well. if there’s a event going on and you want to get people to show up, call in some clergy/congregations.

Some groups I’ve marched or demonstrated with in the past include Quakers, United Church of Christ, African Methodist Episcopalian, United Methodists, and to a lesser degree Catholics. Catholics mostly show up for immigration related stuff but when they do show up it’s pretty impressive, especially if there is a Hispanic church. There are Jewish and Muslim groups that will show up but I’m drawing a blank on what groups specifically.

UCC and Quakers will typically show up. I fuckin love Quakers. Quakers are anti-authoritarian and don’t have leaders. UCC does anti-racism training and has adopted anti-racism as a major pillar of the church.

Nothing like black bloc standing side by side with a bunch of clergy. Clergy presence also really decreases violence to protesters and helps keep teenage anarchists from doing dumb poo poo.

Who am I forgetting?

This summer is going to be pretty busy with fash poo poo so imo it’s good to get a bigger network of like, normal people.

Silver Nitrate has issued a correction as of 18:16 on May 28, 2019

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Contrapoints did a video that spent a lot of time looking at trans people hanging out on /lgbt/ and telling each other they couldn't possibly pass because of callipers.

It's always callipers. An incel looks perfectly normal and identical to a chad? Well yes but actually his prosupercranio-orbial ridgejaw is offset by point one three of an inch in the anterior, which will cause foids to immediately cross the street to avoid him. He may as well take the black pill post haste.

Men have differently shaped bones than women and people who are considered attractive have differently shaped bones from people who're considered ugly. 4chan types exaggerate it but it's not baseless

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Its Coke posted:

I would say it depends on both and also that each one affects the other. Places with certain rules and cultures will attract certain kinds of people and vice versa. And I wasn't really talking about privilege or marginalization, more personality and interests

well jeez that’s reasonable and sensible, go to hell!!!!1!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

The Ultimate Doge posted:

4chan types exaggerate it but it's not baseless
Yes, that's the thing, they exaggerate it and invent their own bizarre calliper-based mythology in which a slight change from their own shifting definition of perfection means that you are doomed to lose every women you meet to the lure of the purring jew, or in the trans case, always look like an ugly man in a dress and probably kill yourself.

Because 4chan is loving awful.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Its Coke posted:

so youre saying that gen z is killing themselves because they didnt have enough internet

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Normal human beings: My bone structure may not be the best but I make up for it by dressing nice, acting like a cool person to be around, having varied interests and showing kidness.

Incels: IF YOUR BONE STRUCTURE ISN'T THAT OF A GREEK GOD YOU'RE LITERALLY DOOMED FOREVER TO BE A MEGA ULTRA CUCK, KILL YOURSELF, THERE IS NO POINT TO LIFE ALL HAIL THE NEW FLESH

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Silver Nitrate posted:

hey just want to put a little tip that has served me well. if there’s a event going on and you want to get people to show up, call in some clergy/congregations.

Some groups I’ve marched or demonstrated with in the past include Quakers, United Church of Christ, African Methodist Episcopalian, United Methodists, and to a lesser degree Catholics. Catholics mostly show up for immigration related stuff but when they do show up it’s pretty impressive, especially if there is a Hispanic church. There are Jewish and Muslim groups that will show up but I’m drawing a blank on what groups specifically.

UCC and Quakers will typically show up. I fuckin love Quakers. Quakers are anti-authoritarian and don’t have leaders. UCC does anti-racism training and has adopted anti-racism as a major pillar of the church.

Nothing like black bloc standing side by side with a bunch of clergy. Clergy presence also really decreases violence to protesters and helps keep teenage anarchists from doing dumb poo poo.

Who am I forgetting?

This summer is going to be pretty busy with fash poo poo so imo it’s good to get a bigger network of like, normal people.

that's cool and good advice. i dated the daughter of a ucc pastor for 5 years in the early aughts and despite not being religious, I didnt feel awful sitting through ucc services on the odd weekend wed go to her hometown because the organization isnt awful by and large

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Phi230 posted:

so youre saying that gen z is killing themselves because they didnt have enough internet

No I'm saying they had too much. They're the first generation that's had social media in middle school and it shows

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Sir Tonk posted:

they think they cant treat women like property because theyre ugly, and describe it as being unable to get laid

try it this way

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm really looking forward to when we get past this whole 'lol wow suicide? more like life goals! lol sure do wanna kill myself! life is worthless!' comedy trend from the past few years.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Men have differently shaped bones than women and people who are considered attractive have differently shaped bones from people who're considered ugly. 4chan types exaggerate it but it's not baseless

the thing standing between you and happiness is definitely your skull

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm really looking forward to when we get past this whole 'lol wow suicide? more like life goals! lol sure do wanna kill myself! life is worthless!' comedy trend from the past few years.

I dont know how much of it is just joking tbh

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the thing standing between you and happiness is definitely your skull

My point is just that the skeletal shape effects are real not that they're as important as 4chan types think

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

The joke is that life is gonna suck cuz the boomers hosed the world.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

OldTennisCourt posted:

For millenials it's an uncomfortable thing so they joke to deal with it but for gen z it's so normal that they address it matter of factly with very little irony

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

let's not pretend it's gonna be Gen Z

Gen X's legacy is going to be that they will have no legacy, they already tried this with Gen Y

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
in my day we didn't talk about skull shapes and shoot up schools, we just listened to smashing pumpkins

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gen x's legacy is getting hooked on heroin twice

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
every high school in america has gotten to the point where either suicide or mass shooting or both is a realistic and foreseeable event that must be dealt with mentally by the student body

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

gen x's legacy is getting hooked on heroin twice

Luckily boomers found hat shot

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Its amazing to me that incels are imposing upon themselves the same draconian beauty standards women have been dealing with for centuries to the point that some of them are going to the same drastic measures many women do to meet those standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

90s Cringe Rock posted:

It's really funny/sad how I posted selfies on /lgbt/ once trying to get roasted because I was incredibly depressed and instead got complimented for my "nice bone structure" :v:.

It's really sad to me that so many loving people go on 4chan still since it trains you to be an incredibly worse person. I've never heard of people being friends on 4chan, it's mostly just that they group together in an awkward way at some half-assed /pol/ meet-up or some poo poo, mumble a lot and say memes in real life, and then leave and post pics for other anonymous posters to make fun of everyone who bothered showing up. Reading stuff on MMORPG threads, everyone seems to reject the implicit understanding that you need to be sociable to play them and mostly just argues with each other. It's legit loving freaky how people gravitate to a site that renders you unable to connect with people on human levels since you now view everything in the frame of "will this get me internet applause or will this make me look weak".