Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
But that bar is frequented by preppy smug college kids who look down on people who aren't perfect so why wouldn't the bar staff be the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Choom Gangster posted:

Longtime bartender, first time caller. You have to have a limited understanding of how bartending works to believe this person, or any, could mistakenly pour a top shelf spirit in lieu of a well. FIrst of all, they are in likely opposite locations, the well will have a pour spout, while the top shelf will have a cork/screwtop. Well spirits, especially rum, come in typically tall slender bottles, whereas I truly struggle to think of a top shelf rum that doesn't come in something short and squat. There is no chance that at some point in this transaction that this bartender failed to notice at least one of these things; especially in a night club of all places.

The same can be said for the change. Three tens instead of singles makes no sense as incorrect change, and no bartender is reaching two drawer slots over and snagging tens for ones.

There are top shelf rums that come in longer bottles (Oronoco, Santa Teresa, Ron Abuelo Centuria) but yeah to everything else.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's been exactly two times I saw a bartender put the wrong liquor in a drink, and both of them were an extremely skilled bartender who was just going too fast and forgot a detail in the recipe, grabbing one bottle of expensive aged rum instead of a different one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I just don't buy the bartender insisting they pay for the more expensive drink. I've never been a cocktail bartender, but I've accidentally poured the wrong beer before and the only way I'd charge the customer something different than what they'd ordered is if I gave them something cheaper and then I'd charge them less.

I've had loving cheapskates too, and they'd make you pour out the drink and make a new one with the cheap stuff, like best possible circumstances is you are still pouring a seven dollar drink down the drain instead of taking 3.50.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Hell, I had a bartender remake my margarita for free because I didn't like the taste of the sour mix.

Why I ordered the one with sour mix, I'll never know.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I just don't buy the bartender insisting they pay for the more expensive drink. I've never been a cocktail bartender, but I've accidentally poured the wrong beer before and the only way I'd charge the customer something different than what they'd ordered is if I gave them something cheaper and then I'd charge them less.

I've had loving cheapskates too, and they'd make you pour out the drink and make a new one with the cheap stuff, like best possible circumstances is you are still pouring a seven dollar drink down the drain instead of taking 3.50.

It was him saying that the bartender was charging him a higher price to be a jerk, so as to make him feel unwelcome.

The reason the story makes no sense is that this person hasn't left their parents' basement in fifteen years.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I was in a bar with my coworkers, one of whom was very likely an alcoholic. The server brought us drinks we didn't order at least twice since the alkie would drink whatever was put in front of him.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I've been served the wrong drink more than once. Not a single time were they dicks about it. They were nice, offered to fix the correct one, and didn't charge me for the wrong one, whether I drank it or not.
And I'm a goon with questionable social skills and poor at communication.
I know we are all hammering this idiots story, but this one irks me for no good god drat reason. At least make it in the realm of possibility.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’m a very good person

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

freeedr posted:

I’m a very good person

Source your quotes.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
at first I wasn't sure, but I'm starting to think that story with the bartender didn't happen!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

chitoryu12 posted:

The first two sentences are probably the only true part of this.

Sentence 2 says he has friends. I call bullshit

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sentence 2 says he has friends. I call bullshit

Some pretty lame people still manage to have friends

like me for example

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

like me for example

I'd be your friend just for your username. It makes me a smile a little every time I see it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Hell, I had a bartender remake my margarita for free because I didn't like the taste of the sour mix.

Why I ordered the one with sour mix, I'll never know.

I heard "why isn't my margarita red?" is a favourite complaint among bartenders :newlol:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

"why isn't my margarita red?"

.......... what? :psyboom:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

.......... what? :psyboom:

People who have seen or drank strawberry margaritas and think they're the norm.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

People who have seen or drank strawberry margaritas and think they're the norm.

I almost would rather not known that little fact. I would've rather remained ignorant that such a stupid person could exist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I worked at a place that had both red and white Zinfandel on the "by the glass" list, so when someone ordered "the red Zin" their friend asked for "the red Cab[ernet]"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I'd be your friend just for your username. It makes me a smile a little every time I see it.

Your username conjures a very specific mental image.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Once I went to a bar with a couple friends at like 6pm while waiting for some more people for dinner and the bartender was brand new and totally out of her depth or the owners niece or something cuz she was nice but kind of clueless and basically only knew how to pour beer.

One of our group ordered a glass of a moderately priced whiskey and she filled that glass up to nearly the brim, and her supervisor was clearly unhappy when he noticed (a bit too late) but still only charged us for a normal pour because it wasn't us that hosed up.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Fire the supervisor

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Train her properly and fire whoever was supposed to do that in the first place

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Your username conjures a very specific mental image.

Get a chatroom, you two!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Bertrand Hustle posted:

like me for example

then what's wrong with me? :(

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Should I proceed alphabetically or in order of importance?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Train her properly and fire whoever was supposed to do that in the first place

gently caress it, :thermidor: them all and let Danton’s ghost sort them out.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There is a character limit you know

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Beautiful.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

EVG posted:

Beautiful.

Oh, not this poo poo again....hahaha!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Always nice to have a happy ending.

Assuming the last word is an edit, isn't O- the universal recipient? Or is it universal donor?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Elfface posted:

Always nice to have a happy ending.

Assuming the last word is an edit, isn't O- the universal recipient? Or is it universal donor?

O- is the universal donor, AB+ is the universal recipient

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
O- can give blood to anyone but needs O-.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm really lucky by being AB+. My blood's not super useful for donation, but I'll never have trouble if I need a transfusion.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

We're really lucky our blood is so simple. Horses, which somehow exist in spite of themselves, have 8 major blood types and 30 additional factors that can be either positive or negative for a total of some 400,000 combinations, meaning you're unlikely to ever find an exact match. Transfusions can be done with some careful horsebloodmaths, but I understand it's not ever ideal.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ReidRansom posted:

horsebloodmaths

We need to find somewhere to make this a thread title even if not here.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

chitoryu12 posted:

We need to find somewhere to make this a thread title even if not here.

It sounds like something you'd find in a dwarf fortress patch note"

"I programmed werehorse blood transfusions wrong and that messed up my horsebloodmaths, so there are only 200000 horse blood types in the game. Now there are 450000"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm really lucky by being AB+. My blood's not super useful for donation, but I'll never have trouble if I need a transfusion.
You can still donate plasma or platelets which are always in demand.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In the US you can actually get paid for plasma. It’s not a fun experience but it isn’t a bad one. Eat beforehand, dick around on your phone or watch daytime TV during, get paid.

Unless you have a needle phobia it’s an all around decent time tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Except for the cold ache of room temperature blood being returned to your veins. That was the worst part.

Oh, and being poor enough to do it in the first place.