Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A Russian troll farm posted:

I have $1.55 in Canadian Tire money in my wallet

I thought there was a c-spam rule about bragging about your retirement savings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

James Baud posted:

This guy! I'm very into payment services owing to a history of running businesses and a side hobby of optimizing/churning credit card rewards.

oh god, of course you're one of those

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I also am just not going to enter the US this year or in 2020 I can swing it

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

oh god, of course you're one of those

Not hardcore, I only do 2-3 per year that offer $300+ for ~20 minutes of cumulative effort to apply, qualify, cancel... Although there was that one time I did an exceptionally good offer in four different names. (Me, wife, couple businesses.)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
no one:

wab kinew:
https://twitter.com/wabkinew/status/1133074688232501249?s=21

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

someone please tweet him if he will condemn the canadian flag also re our history of being genocidal

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Context:

https://twitter.com/BillStack8/status/1133084558784684033

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
zuck to canada: "gently caress your laws"

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Facebook's revenue is pretty close to Alberta's. Coincidence?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/johnsemley3000/status/1133042362417143808?s=21

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Never saw a person try harder to look like poo poo

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

Ill Peripheral posted:

Never saw a person try harder to look like poo poo

donald trump

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/mAnnGyizvjU leaked footage of miss meckenna admitting climate change is 100% fake wow that pretty much seals it

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

lmao arent you the moron who was convinced canada is stopping climate change just by existing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

"net carbon sink"

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
That clip is out of context, she's actually talking about hiding the Adrenochrome lab beneath Rideau Hall

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

quote:

Canada's forests haven't been a net carbon sink since 2001. Due largely to forest fires and insect infestations, the trees have actually added to our country's greenhouse gas emissions for each of the past 15 years on record.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/canada-forests-carbon-sink-or-source-1.5011490

As weather changes, forests break down.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

even if true, which i highly doubt, canada was absorbing carbon for thousands if not million of years. according to the carbon tax doctrine the world owes us so much money they could never even begin to pay us. and quebec is still sinking hard the roc carbon tax money should come directly to us

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

even if true, which i highly doubt, canada was absorbing carbon for thousands if not million of years. according to the carbon tax doctrine the world owes us so much money they could never even begin to pay us. and quebec is still sinking hard the roc carbon tax money should come directly to us

Yes! It is time for Canada to receive its due

Reparations can subsidize disemployed loggers

quote:

Last year, 12,812 hectares of B.C. forest was sprayed with the herbicide glyphosate. It's an annual event — a mass extermination of broadleaf trees mandated by the province.

The eradication of trees like aspen and birch on regenerating forest stands is meant to make room for more commercially valuable conifer species like pine and Douglas fir.

But experts say it also removes one of the best natural defences we have against wildfire, at a time when our warming climate is helping make large, destructive fires more and more common.

And fund new forest planning and practices, focusing on current and future viability and resiliency

quote:

The province's Forest Planning and Practices Regulation states that when a block of forest is regrowing after a wildfire or logging, broadleaves can't make up more than five per cent of trees, or two hectares — whichever total is smaller. The concern is that trees like aspen will out-compete conifer species, which are the lifeblood of the timber industry.

If there's too much aspen, the block must be sprayed with glyphosate, a chemical known more familiarly as the active ingredient in Roundup. Over the last three years, 42,531 hectares of B.C. forest have been treated with the herbicide.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/it-blows-my-mind-how-b-c-destroys-a-key-natural-wildfire-defence-every-year-1.4907358

Canada is owed.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hmm yes when thinking about the climate crisis we should definitely be hung up on what has happened in the past and not what is happening right now, excellent point

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

vyelkin posted:

hmm yes when thinking about the climate crisis we should definitely be hung up on what has happened in the past and not what is happening right now, excellent point

hmmm, its almost as if the point is being made disingenuously and was tailor made to result in a stalemate at best.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

hmmm, its almost as if the point is being made disingenuously and was tailor made to result in a stalemate at best.

ssb? disingenuous? surely you jest

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm p sure ssb means every word they post from the bottom of their heart, take that as you will

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

infernal machines posted:

i'm p sure ssb means every word they post from the bottom of their heart, take that as you will

yup. and there was some dipshit loser here who thought i was making a tasteless mental health joke when i pointed out the fact he is literally mentally unstable and in desperate need of treatment

Kly has issued a correction as of 07:41 on May 28, 2019

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

like ssb called health canada "a supremely fascist organisation [that] needs to be destroyed asap" because they moved to restrict alcoholic soda pops that are targeted at children and this fukn weenie defended him

drjuggalo posted:

Yes let’s crack jokes about mental health in Canada to defend health Canada, that’s even more ironic

Kly has issued a correction as of 07:53 on May 28, 2019

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Canada shouldn't bother fighting climate change. Warmer weather is only going to give us more arable land and longer growing seasons. Instead of carbon taxes we should be investing in a nuclear weapons program to ensure our glorious future in the face of millions of climate refugees from the south.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Implement a mandatory draft and a tax on junk food while we're at it to ensure our population is fitter and stronger than the USA's. Train every man, woman and child in winter fighting strategies and design and use of IEDs so when the US invades all we'll have to do is lay low until January.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

autism ZX spectrum posted:

a tax on junk food while we're at it to ensure our population is fitter and stronger than the USA's.

I find it hilarious that this is exactly why the US brought in school lunches during the Depression.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Implement a mandatory draft and a tax on junk food while we're at it to ensure our population is fitter and stronger than the USA's. Train every man, woman and child in winter fighting strategies and design and use of IEDs so when the US invades all we'll have to do is lay low until January.

Invest heavily in Canadian Cold Buster Bars

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

the knives are coming out now

https://twitter.com/markusoff/status/1133441838856073216

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
next they'll try to recruit chris hadfield again

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

we present the next prime minister of canada, a maple syrup poutine and pint of labatt blue balanced on a canadian space arm that looks like a hockey stick

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

we present the next prime minister of canada, a maple syrup poutine and pint of labatt blue balanced on a canadian space arm that looks like a hockey stick

don't dox me

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
:ese: but wearing a tuque

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

hahaha, they can't be serious. It's as if they are purposely trying not to learn anything.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

The real shame is the NDP surveys the field and decides to just emulate the liberals as much as possible.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't mean to paint the guy as somebody who cried often but I mean he definitely cried about memorable things.

Also look at this friggin jacket https://twitter.com/Cooper4SAE/status/1129876413215985664

Lol I didn't think I could dislike this little shitweasel more, but here we go. Every couple weeks I get some mail dropped off thats basically if a facebook meme your racist uncle shared was written by someone paid by the word.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

How does he look both 16 and 50 at the same time?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Lol I didn't think I could dislike this little shitweasel more, but here we go. Every couple weeks I get some mail dropped off thats basically if a facebook meme your racist uncle shared was written by someone paid by the word.

He looks like Solomon from the movie "Gummo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Fashionable Jorts posted:

How does he look both 16 and 50 at the same time?

Yeah i can't figure it out. That jacket and hairstyle aren't doing him any favours. Also the tie. Also his body.