Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

RFC2324 posted:

If you are running you are doing it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

If you believe in love tonight
I'm gonna show you one more time
If you believe then let it out
No need to worry there's no doubt

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Shared by a nurse friend.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Trig Discipline posted:

Lol this actually owns. Intubate at a GCS of 8 please.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Can you be fine otherwise but have the Dire Brain Hurting motor response?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I like the fact that the best score you can get is still Minor Brain Injury.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Trig Discipline posted:

I like the fact that the best score you can get is still Minor Brain Injury.

Considering they are finding loud noises can cause a minor brain injury, we are all a little brain damaged

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lord knows I am.

In other news:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

It is a tool used to grade the severity of a head trauma on initial evaluation by EMS or in an ER. So the top score of 15 still says minor brain injury because it’s like..hedging bets that if you got whacked with a bat or something you might still have some minor injury that’s not detectable on exam.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Considering that’s a diagnostic tool to determine your Glasgow Coma Score, I’d say “Minor Brain Injury” as a best case is not unreasonable.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Proteus Jones posted:

Considering that’s a diagnostic tool to determine your Glasgow Coma Score, I’d say “Minor Brain Injury” as a best case is not unreasonable.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Fuckin computer dork assholes

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Volcott posted:

Can you be fine otherwise but have the Dire Brain Hurting motor response?

In a word, no.

Abnormal posturing is indicative of a serious increase in intracranial pressure, and may be a warning that your brain is trying to herniate out of your skull (this kills the crab patient). No motor response to pain is also really bad. With that much brain damage, you're not going to be "fine". Probably not ever.

A score that low on the motor portion of the scale is a serious medical emergency even without evaluating the other parts, but the way the brain is, if you're injured enough to score low on one part, it's gonna be low across the board.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Proteus Jones posted:

Okay given that nobody was talking to you but you were looking at your screen I'm going to give you 4 points on Eye Opening Response. You did respond to a joke as though it were a serious statement so that's only a 4 on the Verbal Response section. Now let's assess your Motor Response: :getout:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
More ecology memes.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

In a word, no.

Abnormal posturing is indicative of a serious increase in intracranial pressure, and may be a warning that your brain is trying to herniate out of your skull (this kills the crab patient). No motor response to pain is also really bad. With that much brain damage, you're not going to be "fine". Probably not ever.

A score that low on the motor portion of the scale is a serious medical emergency even without evaluating the other parts, but the way the brain is, if you're injured enough to score low on one part, it's gonna be low across the board.

Interesting, thanks.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
What if you like anime? How much brain damage is that worth

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

daaaaaaamng

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:mad:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Trig Discipline posted:

This is beautiful.

Boyfriend in a coma, I know, I know.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

pseudorandom posted:

vim is okay. I like vi better. Also, I once heard a person pronounce "vi" as "six" and I can't unhear it.
vi until the day I die.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

It doesn’t seem like being as big of a nerd as possible would be a good hookup strategy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gently caress

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

gently caress

Prepare for this to be run into the ground like the tree-fiddy "joke"

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

loving gently caress

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510

Is this loss?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6w1gjwD-Uc

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Proteus Jones posted:

Prepare for this to be run into the ground like the tree-fiddy "joke"

dont you put that on me proteus jones.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Where the gently caress did the sword come from

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Qadaffi Taffy posted:

Is this loss?

I believe that’s the point, but the first panel would have the man and the pillar so it can’t be.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Trig Discipline posted:

When you're able to to communicate verbally but have simultaneously lost all purposeful muscle control.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

:sever:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Subvisual Haze posted:

When you're able to to communicate verbally but have simultaneously lost all purposeful muscle control.

People can talk during seizures and stuff sometimes. You see it in extreme hyponatremia.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bobby Digital posted:

Where the gently caress did the sword come from

A hero is only as good as his weapon!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Data Graham posted:

Once many years ago I was in a group that I assumed was all nerds like me, and one of them said something like "oh well, time to get back to vi"

I said "vi is eVIl, and the work of the deVIl."

Then I found out that his wife's name was Vi

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

People can talk during seizures and stuff sometimes. You see it in extreme hyponatremia.

If a patient had an M<5 and didn't have ones for the other two values a neurosurgeon I know would reject it out of hand.

https://www.glasgowcomascale.org/faq/ has a good chart showing how purposeful motor control pretty much always preceeds any verbal or eye score improvement.