Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I haven't played this since pre-Summerset, but what's Necromancer's play style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Any idea when the next free ESO+ weekend might be? My characters are overloaded with crafting mats and shuffling inventory around alts is getting tiresome. My bank is fully unlocked (240 spaces) and has nothing but crafting mats in it.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Can I get an invite? @pokelda

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Would love an invite @Unicornicus

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Giving this a shot, would appreciate an invite @Sully0811

Edit: Typo.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 26, 2019

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

FactsAreUseless posted:

I haven't played this since pre-Summerset, but what's Necromancer's play style?

From the stamina side at least, like a dragonknight and a templar had a mean little fucker of a kid.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

MH Knights posted:

Any idea when the next free ESO+ weekend might be? My characters are overloaded with crafting mats and shuffling inventory around alts is getting tiresome. My bank is fully unlocked (240 spaces) and has nothing but crafting mats in it.

I'm not sure how often they have them, but there was one 2 weeks ago or so, so it might be a while. It almost convinced me to get a sub but I don't really play the game often enough to justify it.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Can I get reinvited to the guild? @dhof

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Also looking for guild invite: @SolidSnakesBandana

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I am downloading this now and am in NA. What server do I join to be amongst goons?

i have no idea what i am doing

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

skylined! posted:

I am downloading this now and am in NA. What server do I join to be amongst goons?

i have no idea what i am doing

It’s one server as long as you are in NA.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Steezo posted:

Giving this a shot, would appreciate an invite @Sullly0811

Getting Account Not Found. Send me as message to @lljkscy so I can invite you proper

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
drat game has been stuck loading after I created my newest guy, Staccato Farts. If I end task on ESO should he still be saved? Or will I need to create him again? If the latter I hope ESO doesn't say the name is already taken or some BS.

edit: Staccato Farts lives! And for some reason starts at level 3, I guess that's because I decided to skip the tutorial stuff?

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 26, 2019

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Scyantific posted:

Getting Account Not Found. Send me as message to @lljkscy so I can invite you proper

Sent a message . Just reactivated after a long time away.

Edit: and now I realize the typo in my post. Durr.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 26, 2019

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
So on the off chance anyone here does have this on PS4 here is my ID: SyNx81, I have returned for the expansion and poo poo.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What content in this game is duo friendly? Doing story quests is definitely not duo friendly. Aside from all the weird instancing, it makes already easy content even easier. It feels more like we're both playing the same singleplayer game simultaneously.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Picked this back up again after a couple years, would love a guild invite, @Ajax_LLJK

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What content in this game is duo friendly? Doing story quests is definitely not duo friendly. Aside from all the weird instancing, it makes already easy content even easier. It feels more like we're both playing the same singleplayer game simultaneously.

The public dungeons are balanced for groups of 2 - there's one in every base game area, and two in each of the main DLC areas. I highly recommend both of the ones in Wrothgar, both of the ones in Vvardenfell, and The Vile Manse in Reaper's March. I'm also a fan of Village of the Lost in Coldharbour, but you might not be if you're averse to teleporter mazes.

Also the entire region of Craglorn is great for a group of 2-4 people, including the story quests. It's unfortunately unique in that respect. It was apparently awful before they added level scaling so they never made another one like it, but since then it's probably the most challenging and fun.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 26, 2019

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
In as Skylined45 if anyone is able to invite.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Rollersnake posted:

The public dungeons are balanced for groups of 2 - there's one in every base game area, and two in each of the main DLC areas. I highly recommend both of the ones in Wrothgar, both of the ones in Vvardenfell, and The Vile Manse in Reaper's March. I'm also a fan of Village of the Lost in Coldharbour, but you might not be if you're averse to teleporter mazes.

Also the entire region of Craglorn is great for a group of 2-4 people, including the story quests. It's unfortunately unique in that respect. It was apparently awful before they added level scaling so they never made another one like it, but since then it's probably the most challenging and fun.

Ahhh, old Craglorn. In the days before One Tamriel it was a lovely (read: empty) place where you could farm top-level mats in peace so long as you didn't get seen by anything because even the bees just outside of Belkarth would legit destroy 501 CP toons. There were way, way more mobs around, too. Like, for every enemy you see there now, there used to be like 2-3. And they hit like vet dungeon trash.

I miss farming Nirncrux like that. Russian roulette for red rocks.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
It's funny because it's still the hardest zone but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. Back when veteran ranks were a thing I remember going there on my Stam sorcerer when I was like V2.

That makes you hard.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What's the best way to handle alts? Seems like you have to repeat a lot of content in order to make an alt viable, is that accurate?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

What's the best way to handle alts? Seems like you have to repeat a lot of content in order to make an alt viable, is that accurate?

Yeah grinding the guild skills for the 4th time gets tedious, but it's not like your alt is relegated to scrub tier for using the destro staff ultimate instead of Meteor, for instance.

At least the champ levels are account wide.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Aramek posted:

It's funny because it's still the hardest zone but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. Back when veteran ranks were a thing I remember going there on my Stam sorcerer when I was like V2.

That makes you hard.

LOL yeah. And I just realized I wrote 501 CP. I think that was the cap when Vet ranks were still a thing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Lima posted:

Yeah grinding the guild skills for the 4th time gets tedious, but it's not like your alt is relegated to scrub tier for using the destro staff ultimate instead of Meteor, for instance.

At least the champ levels are account wide.

Well I mean like, should I focus on doing all the story content on a single character? Maybe low level pvp is fun and I should focus on that? Basically what can I do to level that will result in as little repeated content as possible, which I know will often not be possible.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Well I mean like, should I focus on doing all the story content on a single character? Maybe low level pvp is fun and I should focus on that? Basically what can I do to level that will result in as little repeated content as possible, which I know will often not be possible.
You can't change classes so I always just made alts when I wanted to try something new. It helps to try a bunch out and then pick a main you like best to focus on if you want to do higher-level content. The story is largely individual quest lines in every province other than the MSQ so don't stress about that. Basically ESO makes doing everything pretty optional - just play classes you like.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

There's enough vanilla zones, dlc and expansions for you to level several characters without doing repeat content, though you probably want to get as many skillpoints as possible on your main/dedicated crafter.

I have three capped characters, and I haven't really repeated any content other than the psijic order and getting DB to at least 7. And I still haven't done a single questline in AD or DC lands :v:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
What happens at DB 7? I've been doing lots of murders cuz it's fun, didn't realize there might be an actual practical reason for it. I think I'm almost to DB 6 at the moment.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Inspector 34 posted:

What happens at DB 7? I've been doing lots of murders cuz it's fun, didn't realize there might be an actual practical reason for it. I think I'm almost to DB 6 at the moment.
You unlock the skill that reduces your aggro radius by 50% when mounted.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Ephemeron posted:

You unlock the skill that reduces your aggro radius by 50% when mounted.

Yeah that. It's virtually PvE stealth while mounted.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

:stare: they definitely did not go over that in the tutorial.

So what issue was faction-locking 30-day Cyrodiil campaigns meant to solve?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

count_von_count posted:

:stare: they definitely did not go over that in the tutorial.

So what issue was faction-locking 30-day Cyrodiil campaigns meant to solve?

The false idea that people on losing factions were swapping en-masse to winning ones and zerging the map. The reality was it was small groups (like us goons) swapping to the losing factions to get consistent and regular fights.

Result: EP is now loving the poo poo out of both campaigns so thoroughly that the same RP nerds crying about faction loyalty are now crying about how they're getting megstomped.

Edit: also LOL yeah at the daedric artifact making PVDoor even more trivial than it already was. That'll solve the problem for sure.

rocode
Oct 28, 2011

Meddle not with Mother Nature, lest you face her wrath.

For those of us just getting into this, are there any must have addons besides those mentioned in the OP?

Are invites still a thing? @rocode

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

rocode posted:

For those of us just getting into this, are there any must have addons besides those mentioned in the OP?

I also just started playing and I found this list of addons that was pretty helpful.

Another addon that I like is Dustman. It helps make managing the inventory a lot less overwhelming (seriously, why is there so much trash available to pick up). It can automatically destroy/mark as junk items you pick up depending on what settings you choose.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I bought the Steam version of this game over the weekend for $20 and played for a few hours. Apparently I start in Morrowind and not wherever the OP says you do? Did I buy the wrong version of the game? I didn't buy Elswyr as I'm still deciding if I like this game or not.

That said I have no idea what I'm doing. I already respecced once at level 5 in Vivec (which is just as annoying to navigate now as it was back when I played Morrowind). My character name is namkap if I can get an invite to whatever guild system exists. So far I've done a daily quest for the temple, and started picking up a few quests around the city of Vivec after a pretty slow start.

Is the mod list from the OP still good? I dislike how everything disappears from my UI while I'm not in combat. I read the post above mine just now, and will have a look at those.

Edit: I'm on NA

pakman fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 28, 2019

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

pakman posted:

I bought the Steam version of this game over the weekend for $20 and played for a few hours. Apparently I start in Morrowind and not wherever the OP says you do? Did I buy the wrong version of the game? I didn't buy Elswyr as I'm still deciding if I like this game or not.

If you have the game with the morrowind expansion you will start in vvardenfell and not the faction specific city. Which is fine because morrowind is a good expansion and it's main quest is better than the base game.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I know any class can fill any role, but does the warden or necromancer have any strong tank/healer viability? I really enjoy those two play types a lot.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Moochewmoo posted:

I know any class can fill any role, but does the warden or necromancer have any strong tank/healer viability? I really enjoy those two play types a lot.

Warden is pretty meta as a healer in high-level content. This is typically in raids when paired with a Templar healer, as each brings different things to the table. They also work perfectly well in 4-man content, as well. Only thing I can really think of that they lack compared to Templars in that case is a class-based purge.

It's a little early to tell with Necro, but general consensus I've seen from some very competent healers is "meh". Give the Warden a shot because it's basically guaranteed you'll get use out of it.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Can i get an invite @dancemasterlee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumblebadger
May 11, 2009
Can i get an invite to chill bros, @bumble7