Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
She is a Sim, it is known

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

guys, I'm thinking of rewatching the series in reverse - it's the only way I can think of making the ending good.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Paranoid Peanut posted:

guys, I'm thinking of rewatching the series in reverse - it's the only way I can think of making the ending good.

The greatest story ever told was that of Bran the Dunker, First of His Name, Master of the 80-Foot Vertical Jump.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the look of realizing what season 8 is while having to be a part of it

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
that's the look of somebody who realizes the showrunners owned her by having her say I didn't come to rule over ashes only to

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

to me that whole thing north of the wall was where the show went off the rails

the justification for it was terrible, and it was clearly just an excuse to bring all the main characters together and connect the dany & night king plotlines

e: which was the common trend in the worst bits of the show near the end. we need to make X, Y, and Z happen -- what's the simplest way to do that?

This is half the reason GRRM himself ran into his writer's block. He has get all the plotlines to merge and it's tough to do that well.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

wizzardstaff posted:

The greatest story ever told was that of Bran the Dunker, First of His Name, Master of the 80-Foot Vertical Jump.

the tale of a young crippled king who travels to the ends of the world to be able to jump again

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

skooma512 posted:

This is half the reason GRRM himself ran into his writer's block. He has get all the plotlines to merge and it's tough to do that well.

No it's not

The white walkers start loving poo poo up and people band together to deal with it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how Varys starts rocking back and forth slightly like he wants to say some poo poo but knows he can't right as Emilia looks at him like "dang"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

When's the next episode, maybe they'll get good writers and directors next season?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The two prequel series begin in 2 years.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Are DnD supposed to be a part of them at all? Maybe Disney can give them enough buckets of money they decide they're not good at writing/directing and should just stick to acquiring elderly people's IP.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

skooma512 posted:

GRRM doesn't have to do anything. HE'S NOT YOUR BITCH

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

I like how Varys starts rocking back and forth slightly like he wants to say some poo poo but knows he can't right as Emilia looks at him like "dang"

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1127800889937412096?s=20

"some." who gets left out of that I wonder.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Varys with hair looks like a lovely daytime tv gameshow host

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
He looks like Thomas Wilson's stunt double.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
can someone explain to me why varys actor is hero now?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Typo posted:

can someone explain to me why varys actor is hero now?

Because he reacted with disgust during the script reading and it was super #relatable

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1133479388631183360

:lol::lol::lol:

Game of Thrones star Kit Harington secretly checked into luxury rehab for stress and alcohol use ahead of the shows ending, which really hit him hard, multiple sources have exclusively confirmed to Page Six.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Poor guy, I'm sure a Pompeii sequel was in the works, you just had to wait a bit.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

A Handed Missus posted:

Game of Thrones star Kit Harington secretly checked into luxury rehab for stress and alcohol use ahead of the shows ending, which really hit him hard, multiple sources have exclusively confirmed to Page Six.

they broke him! :hmbol:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It's tough when you realize you won't be getting paid millions to stand around with your mouth open anymore.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Screw GoT, the main reason I was liking it was the whole "White Walkers are Climate Change" angle, then Chernobyl swoops in and does it 10x as brilliantly in a tenth of the episodes. "3.6 Roentgen? Not great, not terrible" loving lol

A Handed Missus posted:

“Game of Thrones” star Kit Harington secretly checked into luxury rehab for stress and alcohol use ahead of the show’s ending, which “really hit him hard,” multiple sources have exclusively confirmed to Page Six.

Bro, the ends were bad but you literally have all day and night to bang your hot wife now.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
"Hi my names Kit and I'm an alcoholic and I want to say I know what you're going throu--"
"YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW!"
"...."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

More like Lit Harington amiright?!

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
jon took a shot every time he had to say "she's mah queen" and here we are

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You'd be an alcoholic too if people kept screeching YAN SNOO at you day in and day out

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"luxury rehab" lol

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, it's a spa with councilors and no open bar. loving waste of time if you ask me. Idiot should have just gone to Cabo with an all inclusive package so he can relax in a pool with a margarita.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Moridin920 posted:

You'd be an alcoholic too if people kept screeching YAN SNOO at you day in and day out

Well he's the idiot that decided to marry her

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'll heal Kit Harrington for free

It's extra if his wife wants to watch

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

dudeness posted:

"Hi my names Kit and I'm an alcoholic and I want to say I know what you're going throu--"
"YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW!"
"...."

lol

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Evil Agita posted:

Well he's the idiot that decided to marry her

she is actually incredibly posh IRL. like, castle posh

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Incredibly apt username for a joke killer

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol but posted:

Ok half off if she wants to watch

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

lol but posted:

She's literally a noble.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

post pics of noble ygritte

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, it's a spa with councilors and no open bar. loving waste of time if you ask me. Idiot should have just gone to Cabo with an all inclusive package so he can relax in a pool with a margarita.

Don't be too hard on him, he knows nothing.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
guillotine kit harrington's wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
her peppep owns 2 castles. or did, I think he was trying to sell one of them.