Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

introducing pokemon breathe, including an airmask peripheral attached to a tank containing a brand new oxygen-derived mixture we like to call PokeGO2

the longer you inhale from our special mixture the bigger bonuses you get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Macaluso posted:

PK
MN

IS

HO
ME

AND

SL
EEP

cmon

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Araxxor posted:

Burn down the entire mobile games market.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

i don't think anyone isn't already in the door for pokemon in the year 2019

never underestimate the lengths capital will go to in order to more thoroughly exploit a market

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

that's not all! i guarantee it'll also try to get weird creeps in the door with sexy swimsuit outfits of underage characters.

It did already hook me with Brock flexing so hard his shirt rips apart.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SUPER_32X/status/1098592657964716033

THE ANIME IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE GAMEFREAK

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

I know stuff like Fire Emblem does swimsuit stuff to milk weirdos, but I feel like Pokémon is child-oriented enough that they wouldn't do that for fear of harming "The Brand"? I'm probably giving them too much credit though

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

that's not all! i guarantee it'll also try to get weird creeps in the door with sexy swimsuit outfits of underage characters.

About 20+ years late on that one!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
i can't wait for microtransactions to be in pokemon sword and shield.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Araxxor posted:

:chloe:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Araxxor posted:

excuse me it's called PokePay and you need to respect the toll fee to cross the bridge into Whatsit Town because gamefreak and nintendo need the money to keep the servers running

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Araxxor posted:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pokemon Masters is the kind of game I wanted for a while. I'm here for it.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

excuse me it's called PokePay and you need to respect the toll fee to cross the bridge into Whatsit Town because gamefreak and nintendo need the money to keep the servers running

You can't have a toll fee on the bridge, the game needs to technically be beatable without microtransactions.

You have to pay each time you use Fly.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

Pokemon Masters is the kind of game I wanted for a while. I'm here for it.

Same, I'm gonna roll up to town with my buddies Cynthia and Blue and we're gonna crush your lame team.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Moriatti posted:

Same, I'm gonna roll up to town with my buddies Cynthia and Blue and we're gonna crush your lame team.

Same, but no Blue for me. He's lame.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Procrastine posted:

You can't have a toll fee on the bridge, the game needs to technically be beatable without microtransactions.

You have to pay each time you use Fly.

no don't worry, the player can surf to get to the town without crossing the bridge but the funny thing is that the water route to get there is very circular and loops around most of the region. i hear it's full of galar tentacool, though.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

Same, but no Blue for me. He's lame.

If Kukui or Rowan are in it I'll probably use them instead, but I'm assuming they won't be.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

I'm glad they made their gacha phone game as unappealing to me as possible. I just can't fathom being excited over collecting people instead of actual pokemon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Moriatti posted:

If Kukui or Rowan are in it I'll probably use them instead, but I'm assuming they won't be.

I want them to put Ash in it so lots of people get mad.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Do they specify how exactly pokemon home is supposed to work? Do you download it onto your DS and Switch and use the cloud to transfer?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Death to gacha.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

About 20+ years late on that one!

misty wasn't framed as a 12-year-old until after the games. but yeah the games are creepy and leering a lot of the time too! it's bad

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

I want them to put Ash in it so lots of people get mad.

Same but so I can beat him up.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Procrastine posted:

I know stuff like Fire Emblem does swimsuit stuff to milk weirdos, but I feel like Pokémon is child-oriented enough that they wouldn't do that for fear of harming "The Brand"? I'm probably giving them too much credit though

Every single one of Nintendo's current franchises at this point have creepy poo poo in them. And like was mentioned, the Pokemon games already did the same too.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 29, 2019

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Pull for an SR summer swimsuit Lopunny

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Araxxor posted:

Every single one of Nintendo's current franchises at this point have creepy poo poo in them. And like was mentioned, the Pokemon games already did the same too.

Uh whats the creepy poo poo in Mario? Zelda? Animal Crossing? Kirby? Yoshi?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Here's a brand new event, pay $9.99 for a Gacharena pass for a chance of recruiting Cynthia with a shiny Garchomp! Mega stone sold separately.

Hamethyst
Apr 2, 2019

Pokémon Eat, an app that uses AR to allow you to eat meals with your favorite Pokémon! Have eggs with Exeggutor, a sandwich with sandshrew, or patê with Psyduck!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Zore posted:

Uh whats the creepy poo poo in Zelda?

Great Fairy?

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

Hamethyst posted:

Pokémon Eat, an app that uses AR to allow you to eat meals with your favorite Pokémon! Have eggs with Exeggutor, a sandwich with sandshrew, or patê with Psyduck!

https://twitter.com/viantreston/status/1133553047701983233

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Zore posted:

Kirby is a cosmic horror monster with a couple messed up boss fights.

Have you seen a Villagers eyes?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nasgate posted:

Kirby is a cosmic horror monster with a couple messed up boss fights.

Have you seen a Villagers eyes?

Yeah but thats a far cry from the weird sexualized stuff people were complaining about :v:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Zore posted:

BotW has a sidequest where you matchmake a couple where one is a Zora that still looks like a kid because of different lifespans and it's super gross.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zore posted:

Uh whats the creepy poo poo in Mario?

This.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Zore posted:

Paper Mario 2 had the sequence where Peach turns invisible but not her clothes so she has to take them off.
Breath of the Wild had a weird thing about a Zora who looks like a child but says she's just short.

There's no way Kirby's ever had creepy poo poo though

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Kirby is cute but not sexy, please respect the difference.

E: Dedede though...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zore posted:

Uh whats the creepy poo poo in Mario?

Mario nipples and cat suit fetish costumes (less jokey answer: Peach/Daisy sports outfits)

quote:

Zelda?

In BOTW you have moe moe kyun Zelda and the 10-year old looking Shiekah scientist who acts like a 10-year old but is totally actually an old lady who was just aged down due to magic so it's okay.

quote:

Animal Crossing?

Isabelle exists? Though I suppose that one is not entirely Nintendo's fault.

quote:

Kirby?

Uhhhhh, he sucks things. The creep factor should be self-evident!

quote:

Yoshi?

How is he laying those eggs anyway? :thunk:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i'm going to play the hell out of Pokemon Sleep Version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

In BOTW you have moe moe kyun Zelda and the 10-year old looking Shiekah scientist who acts like a 10-year old but is totally actually an old lady who was just aged down due to magic so it's okay.
:

Uh i have no idea what any of this means.

Also the Purah stuff is a dumb joke but its not like she's ever sexualized or anything? She's just an old lady who turned herself into a six year old and acts like she's six when she's not doing ~wacky mad science~.

Zore fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 29, 2019