Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm not sure what's so amazing about some dicks hiding a perfectly good impala from hungry cheetahs. Cheetahs gotta eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Gripweed posted:

I'm not sure what's so amazing about some dicks hiding a perfectly good impala from hungry cheetahs. Cheetahs gotta eat.

If the predator's gonna be a cheetah, the prey should be allowed to cheat too.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Besesoth posted:

If the predator's gonna be a cheetah, the prey should be allowed to cheat too.

They only caught him cos someone grassed

:haw:

edit:

snergle posted:

A scrub daddy is a daddy that thinks he's fly
Always talkin' about what he wants
And just sits on his broke rear end
making you ride in the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
'Cause you looking like class, and he's looking like trash
why you get wit' a deadbeat rear end scrub daddy

YES TLC UNDERSTANDS

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

A real life goony bird!

Cheeto crumbs and all.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Gripweed posted:

Cheetahs never prosper.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Doctor Zero posted:

Cheetahs never prosper.

:wrong:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

:geno: boo box

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

catpain hook

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I'm 44 so I don't get this joke. What's the new app?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Aleph Null posted:

I'm 44 so I don't get this joke. What's the new app?

Tik tok.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Pookah posted:

I googled it and apparently this is a normal and accepted thing. How and when did this happen??? I sniggered like a goddamn idiot at this thing for about 5 minutes in the supermarket.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I noticed something while cruising bad taxidermy pics.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Bloop posted:

Netflix Voltron is pretty darn enjoyable, involved, and long (and over)

Yeah, and gaaaaaaay

(-friendly)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I stopped watching Voltron around season 3, but apparently season 8 pissed away a lot of fan good will.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Today I learned there were eight (?!) seasons of a Voltron reboot

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

8 broadcast seasons that is. There were 76 episodes released from the middle of 2016 to the end of 2018, so there were probably 2 or 3 production seasons.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

marshmallow creep posted:

I stopped watching Voltron around season 3, but apparently season 8 pissed away a lot of fan good will.

If so, fans are dumb (shock!)

The ending was great

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Snake sweaters are the new hotness.

SuddenExpire
Jun 29, 2005

expired...

:rms:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

marshmallow creep posted:

The only bad thing I heard about it was a marriage at the end that was just handled like "oh yeah and these two characters got married!" but otherwise I don't know why the last season would piss people off. The whole series was consistently rad.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Lobok posted:

The only bad thing I heard about it was a marriage at the end that was just handled like "oh yeah and these two characters got married!" but otherwise I don't know why the last season would piss people off. The whole series was consistently rad.

Having not watched the series past season 1, what I do know is the perception was that a lot of LGBT+ representation was kind of thrown out the window in the latter half, where it spent a lot of time building up realistic and relatable gay characters only for their personal arcs and relationships to be brushed under the rug; i.e. "oh this character is gay, better drop a bridge on his love interest and not talk about it."

That's just the impression I got from friends, though.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Wait, I got through like 6 seasons of it so far. Which characters were supposed to be gay?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That is one tiny wheelchair.

CapitanGarlic posted:

Having not watched the series past season 1, what I do know is the perception was that a lot of LGBT+ representation was kind of thrown out the window in the latter half, where it spent a lot of time building up realistic and relatable gay characters only for their personal arcs and relationships to be brushed under the rug; i.e. "oh this character is gay, better drop a bridge on his love interest and not talk about it."

That's just the impression I got from friends, though.

That's not wrong but what they did with that character and how it affects the team in the latter half of the series would have made a romance, hetero or not, kind of unworkable or cruel. Understandable that people wanted more overt representation throughout the series after they got a taste early on, though.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hey, you guys wanna talk about anime forever again? Cool.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*sad Six Flags guy dance*

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Why are they against seedless watermelons? Is it a GMO thing? Nevermind the fact that pretty much all of our fruit and vegetables are the result of decades, if not hundreds, of years of inbreeding and mutations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RatHat posted:

Why are they against seedless watermelons? Is it a GMO thing? Nevermind the fact that pretty much all of our fruit and vegetables are the result of decades, if not hundreds, of years of inbreeding and mutations.

It's 'satire'.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pastry of the Year posted:

Today I learned there were eight (?!) seasons of a Voltron reboot

It got a lot of positive buzz when it came out, so I watched the first couple seasons and it was thoroughly forgettable and mediocre. I don't want to be snobbish, but I feel like you could only be impressed by the Voltron reboot if the original Voltron was literally the only mecha series you'd seen.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Raptor1033 posted:

Wait, I got through like 6 seasons of it so far. Which characters were supposed to be gay?

Shiro is revealed in a flashback to have a boyfriend in the Galaxy Garrison.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I can't decide whether this account is amazing or amazingly awful, so it goes here.

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1133469735226679296

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1133405087865430016

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1133422983459037184

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1133055233024827394

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Checks out; good people armed with the word of god don't seem able to stop bad people armed with the word of God.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

whoever is running @USCPSC knows exactly what they're doing and it's actually very good

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Besesoth posted:

I can't decide whether this account is amazing or amazingly awful, so it goes here.

we should all aspire to become moon unicorns of consumer product safety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Moonicorns.