Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Btw, the game that they played is Scotland Yard. Fitting for the Detective of Love despite her playing the villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

Btw, the game that they played is Scotland Yard. Fitting for the Detective of Love despite her playing the villain.

Thanks, I was wondering.

Great chapter.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Great chapter.

I suuuure hope Kaguya isn't hitched to an arranged marriage when she visits her father's household on new years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kaguya is good, and she is gonna good herself into a good ending.

Good.:colbert:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Great chapter.

I suuuure hope Kaguya isn't hitched to an arranged marriage when she visits her father's household on new years.

that's definitely happening, we need the Defeat Kaguya's Dad arc

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It's going to be a long 10 months to October.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hasn't Kaguya/Haysaca acquired sufficient blackmail to counter father, perhaps 'I will not release this if you let me choose my college'?
Either way I don't want this to have Okumura vibes when I had just finished that arc in Persona.

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's going to be a long 10 months to October.
Why October?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 22, 2019

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Moeha :stonk:

Why exactly is Kei friends with her again?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Hasn't Kaguya/Haysaca acquired sufficient blackmail to counter father, perhaps 'I will not release this if you let me choose my college'?

you're right, it would be much more interesting if the protagonists had already solved the problem with no narrative around it

nah the Defeat Father arc is definitely going to involve hayasaka telling the student council basically everything, and then hopefully be a heist movie

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Moeha :stonk:

They're classmates and like the same things (like Shirogane)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The final ordeal of the series won't be killing kaguyas dad but enduring a very brutal and awkward sex ed talk from shiroganes dad

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

The final ordeal of the series won't be killing kaguyas dad but enduring a very brutal and awkward sex ed talk from shiroganes dad
You assume as if the series isn't going through four years of college at Stamford next. Oh it will.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Grouchio posted:

Why October?

Isn't that when the Stanford semester is suppose to start?

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 22, 2019

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Am I crazy or is the pacing suddenly tuned up to 11? Maybe it's just that having 100+ chapters to the actual confession spoiled me a little...

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I have this theory that Shinomiya's dad will actually be less of a hurdle than anyone thinks and that the real problem will be that Shirogane's mom, who comes waltzing back into his life trying to take advantage of her son's newfound success/romance with a wealthy heiress. It just strikes me as being more brutal emotionally trying to deal with someone who is "happy for you" and "wants to be a part of your life" than someone who's treated you like a chess piece for your whole life.

Plus, it'd play well into Shirogane's insecurities, where he can't bring himself to fully resent his mom for his abandonment because, through weird screwed up teen emotions, her only coming back because he's successful is somehow comparable to Shinomiya only noticing him for similar reasons

it's all just in my head though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, I think Shirogane is pretty clearly going to be the final hurdle to this whole thing. Goodness that boy has been hiding some serious dysfunction.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

All I hope for is some good stretches of comedy chapters in-between this drama. And then many many shenanigans in Stamford involving american culture shock, college life, silicon valley, etc.

And for Fujiwara to also go to Stamford.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

I'm surprised how much mileage Maki suffering the series has been able to squeeze out. Even the spin offs are getting in on the action.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

presidents dad is the kinda guy to throw a stinkbomb into a room and hold a conversation while standing in the doorway

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

Because a thirsty version of Subject F is probably pretty entertaining to have around?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Lmao Moeha's present is something else. Love Kei's reaction.

You know this isn't going to be the last we see of that present.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

THAT'S THE WALL! THAT'S THE WALL! LOOK UP THERE BROTHER THAT'S THE WALL UP THERE

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Spin-off time:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/621094/1

Poor Maki. Poor, poor Maki...

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Become as Gods Become as Gods Become as Gods Become as Gods
Kashiwagi truly has become as Gods.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Moeha is surprisingly good at playing the love game, neutralizing her biggest love rival, then rigging it behind her back. :allears: Too bad about her taste in presents though.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Numero6 posted:

Spin-off time:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/621094/1

Poor Maki. Poor, poor Maki...

Maki is now suffering in the main series, the official doujin series, and the spinoff series. The official doujin even made up a fairy tale story just to give Maki a brand new flavour of suffering.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Did Aka already mention that he wanted to continue the series through college?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Maki spinoff when?

It'll just be suffering 100% of the time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I PRESENT TO THEE CHAPTER 150! (Korean Scans Translated)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxbJmMMq0A4

Ice Kaguya has left the Chat.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 29, 2019

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Oh I'm really tempted to read it but the Korean Scans are so terrible that I think I'll just wait for the better ones.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I agree, I did read it and it's ... okay, translation-wise. The current scanlator is good enough that it's worth waiting for, unless you just can't help yourself. Like me.

On the other hand:

THERE YOU loving GO

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

Grouchio posted:

Did Aka already mention that he wanted to continue the series through college?

I'll admit to probably being in the minority by saying I'll stop reading this if it continues into college in America.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
https://mangadex.org/chapter/627549
JB's version (they're having trouble getting it up on their own site so they uploaded to Mangadex first).

I guess this is the end of Love is War for our original heroes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
LOVE IS WAR: NEW GENERATION

aka Love is War Jr

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

merry christmas

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

:3: :3: :3:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

HOW CUTE :3:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even without the closing narration, that was absolutely kaguya's victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even without the closing narration, that was absolutely kaguya's victory
But she clearly confessed first here! But it turns out that's what actually lets you win.