Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This loving lady on the Observer Q & A refuses to be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

About a month ago Meltzer reported WWE is doing actual customer research for Smackdown on Fox that apparently will be listened to and acted on. Lots of in-person interviews with fans and focus groups.

I do focus groups for a living. The people in these groups will tell you whatever you wanna hear because they want their fifty bucks.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fart blood posted:

I do focus groups for a living. The people in these groups will tell you whatever you wanna hear because they want their fifty bucks.

i would also like $50, what would you like for me to say

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

fart blood posted:

I used to do focus groups a lot in university and can confirm. I got really good at figuring out what they were looking for and giving them those answers. I still do it with Google Rewards now and it basically pays for my Shudder subscription each month.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Plus there's a solid chance they're getting the WWE super-fan chuds in the first place. The kind that think AEW and NJPW suck because they 'don't tell stories' (ie they can tell stories without 45 minute in-ring promo segments)

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

rovert posted:

They found three female Wrestling fans at Starrcast

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1132848667969245184

Trinity is an awesome fan.

Pro click in general.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Retro show is up.

It goes for an hour.

They finish with raw in 20 minutes.

Yesssssssssssss

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I used to do focus groups a lot in university and can confirm. I got really good at figuring out what they were looking for and giving them those answers. I still do it with Google Rewards now and it basically pays for my Shudder subscription each month.
Jericho explaining Chucky's Nitro appearance to Joe Bob Briggs might be the most surreal moment on a wrestling podcast this month.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Moxley interview with Jericho is really good and must listen although there's no shocking details like the Punk interview with Cabana. Just the standard WWE is horrible in the exact ways everyone knows. But it's fun to here specifics.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The Moxley interview with Jericho is really good and must listen although there's no shocking details like the Punk interview with Cabana. Just the standard WWE is horrible in the exact ways everyone knows. But it's fun to here specifics.

$500 for the Shield Network special/his last match was pretty shocking to me. That's bare minimum "only extras get this" pay

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looking forward to WWE suing Jon "Mox" Moxon and Chris "Chris Jericho" Jericho.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Give it about a day before the WWE Youtube page uploads a 4 minute video of the camera zooming in & out of Moxley's hairline.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

$500 for the Shield Network special/his last match was pretty shocking to me. That's bare minimum "only extras get this" pay

That's really insulting to him but it'd be low on the list of bad poo poo they did to CM Punk. WWE giving a guy the minimum isn't shocking, they are a lovely company. It's one of the bad things they do. We're 2 weeks out from Lio Rush revealing he had money losing tours and then someone posting tweets of him driving a rental Mustang for a promo to defend it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao jericho burying virgil

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Will Vince sue Jericho and Moxley for airing dirty laundry like they did CM Punk?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

Will Vince sue Jericho and Moxley for airing dirty laundry like they did CM Punk?

I'm sure they'll try but they won't get very far.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

The Punk trial was frivolous sure, but Mox was literally just giving his opinion on stuff. It’s difficult to think of something he said that would be remotely as actionable as “their doctor did some malpractice and hosed my health up”

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

The Punk trial was frivolous sure, but Mox was literally just giving his opinion on stuff. It’s difficult to think of something he said that would be remotely as actionable as “their doctor did some malpractice and hosed my health up”

pretty much the worst they could do is file some frivolous defamation suit that would immediately be thrown out, just to get on Moxley's nerves.

Given that they really have nothing, they'll probably just make his wife's life a living hell.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

renee young is joining the Kiss My rear end Club next week live on Monday Night Raw

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Also I think AEW would cover that lawsuit given that it was two of their guys doing essentially promotional work. The Khans have access to much better legal defense than CM Punk

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

renee young is joining the Kiss My rear end Club next week live on Monday Night Raw

especially after her run-in on the podcast

also man i really want to know what that line mox refused to say was

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I would not mess with Moxley's wife. That is not healthy or safe.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

pretty much the worst they could do is file some frivolous defamation suit that would immediately be thrown out, just to get on Moxley's nerves.

Given that they really have nothing, they'll probably just make his wife's life a living hell.

Wade Keller on Monday said Renee was called into a production meeting and was told everyone would be fine.

Wade was the person who completely accurately broke the news of Mox's intention to leave. So I trust him on that.

Maybe the podcast changes that but who knows?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Always good to hear more "Vince is crazy" stories. Though I am sad that Moxley didn't like the hotdog skit with the ketchup and mustard because I kind of liked that wackyness to the Dean character. Granted, I would have liked to see MORE of a serious, rear end kicking, Dean Ambrose. It's kind of funny though, because while Dean Ambrose was a wacky unrelatable character, he had more character than a lot of the other guys in WWE and that's definitely due to both Jon's ability to play the character and the weird poo poo they'd write for him. From my perspective as a casual fan it sounds like Jon's occasional input was enough from making the character too far out there most of the time but Vince's vision was still enjoyable to me.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hey I am starting a new podcast this week and looking for someone to join me for the first episode and discuss the current state and future of wrestling given AEW's new presence. Was planning to briefly cover the outlook for CMLL and AAA, NJPW, maybe AJPW or NOAH, ROH, Impact, AEW, and WWE. PM me if interested

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also man i really want to know what that line mox refused to say was

Likely along the lines of "the cancer should have won"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Roman wasn't the only cancer in the Shield."

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I loved how excited Moxley was about his successful twitter career.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
"It's just more stupid prop comedy."

Vince "There's no props!"

"What about the actor you hired to play the doctor and the giant syringe?"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Hey I am starting a new podcast this week and looking for someone to join me for the first episode and discuss the current state and future of wrestling given AEW's new presence. Was planning to briefly cover the outlook for CMLL and AAA, NJPW, maybe AJPW or NOAH, ROH, Impact, AEW, and WWE. PM me if interested

Hello I am interested. I don't know anything about most of those but hell I can't be worse than most podcasters!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Mox covered his rear end by never mentioning saying anything about Roman Reign's and the cancer stuff directly, he always said "My close friend" and I think on one or two occasions Jericho chimed in "Yeah, Roman"

There really wasn't a lot of controversy and the only mud Mox was slinging was at Vince himself, I doubt a lawsuit would come out of it at all since he tried to give everything as objectively as possible other than his frustration with Vince's creative direction.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm fairly certain Moxley says at one point,"My friend, Roman Reigns" but regardless it still isn't anything any reasonable company would think was sue-worthy.

Like with Punk's interview itself, I think it's likely that for Vince personally the thing that will hurt him the most is the claim that he's out-of-touch, he seemed genuinely upset by Punk saying that when he discussed it during the Austin interview.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I'm fairly certain Moxley says at one point,"My friend, Roman Reigns" but regardless it still isn't anything any reasonable company would think was sue-worthy.

So what you're saying is they'll sue him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Web Jew.0 posted:

So what you're saying is they'll sue him.

Don't be ridiculous.... they'll get an employee to sue him and finance the lawsuit!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
We may have hit peak "Bryan's not listening" when Dave's talking about the Yoel Romero supplement lawsuit decision, where he won $27 million because the supplement company being sued just didn't bother to defend itself, and after Dave's gone over this for a minute solid and has basically said Romero won five times, Bryan just cuts in with a shocked "wait, he won?!"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rodney the Piper posted:

We may have hit peak "Bryan's not listening" when Dave's talking about the Yoel Romero supplement lawsuit decision, where he won $27 million because the supplement company being sued just didn't bother to defend itself, and after Dave's gone over this for a minute solid and has basically said Romero won five times, Bryan just cuts in with a shocked "wait, he won?!"
i really enjoyed this too lmao

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

Don't be ridiculous.... they'll get an employee to sue him and finance the lawsuit!

Poor Renee. :(

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Numero6 posted:

Poor Renee. :(

Renee has to be gone when her contract is up right? They're probably going to make her life a living hell after Mox buried them on the Jericho podcast

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

We should defend Renee Young with all of our power, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't think WWE messes with Renee. If anything they'll take her off the road and pay her downside with the usual "creative has nothing for you"

could be grounds for a lawsuit, but WWE has longer money and US courts regard even fulltime employees as serfs to the neofeudal corporate hellscape we're heading towards.