Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Super Jay Mann posted:

In BOTW you have moe moe kyun Zelda and the 10-year old looking Shiekah scientist who acts like a 10-year old but is totally actually an old lady who was just aged down due to magic so it's okay.

I’m not sure how the scientist is creepy. She’s not exactly sexualized or treated as a love interest

And what the heck does “moe moe kyun” mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Mario nipples and cat suit fetish costumes (less jokey answer: Peach/Daisy sports outfits)

In BOTW you have moe moe kyun Zelda and the 10-year old looking Shiekah scientist who acts like a 10-year old but is totally actually an old lady who was just aged down due to magic so it's okay.

Isabelle exists? Though I suppose that one is not entirely Nintendo's fault.

Uhhhhh, he sucks things. The creep factor should be self-evident!

How is he laying those eggs anyway? :thunk:

Uh I think the problem might be you...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Everyone is very thirsty for Link in BotW.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Finally, a Pokemon game for people in their late 20s/early 30s that talk themselves into going out to party.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

Mario nipples and cat suit fetish costumes (less jokey answer: Peach/Daisy sports outfits)

The sports outfits are just outfits used for sports though? I can't imagine there's any way to have Peach ride bikes while wearing her usual dress. I could see people getting weird about them, but that's not Nintendo's fault. Same for Isabelle: people making things weird after the fact doesn't count, the weirdness has to come from official sources.

I thought about mentioning Purah but I think the game never does anything "weird" with her, I just automatically get worried that things will go weird places when "She looks 10 but is actually 100" comes up after hearing that used to cover actually gross stuff

Now there's a game we can all get behind

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dias posted:

Finally, a Pokemon game for people in their late 20s/early 30s that talk themselves into going out to party.

Bold of you to assume I have to even give myself that talk.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Super No Vacancy posted:

he's talking about my pokemon

This was the best part of the presentation for me. Masuda’s touching acknowledgement of players like us with our 15yo Pokémon from gen 3

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

reds so loving pissed

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

cant wait to roll Classic Red and Lets Go Red and FRLG Red and SM Old Red and

The Saber of pokemon

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

So if you zoom in on the trainers on the right, they appear to have Porygon Dexs. Definitely way better than a RotomDex since Porygon don’t talk.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RatHat posted:

So if you zoom in on the trainer on the right, he appears to have a Porygon Dex. Definitely way better than a RotomDex since Porygon don’t talk.

Rotom didn't until it got shoved into the dex either.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

El Burbo posted:

cant wait to roll Classic Red and Lets Go Red and FRLG Red and SM Old Red and

The Saber of pokemon

I fear it will be lamer than that. Red with a Mega Charizard X, then Red with a Mega Charizard Y. Red with a Venasaur. And so on, no alternate costumes or art, just pokemon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zore posted:

Rotom didn't until it got shoved into the dex either.

Porygon doesn't have a mouth though.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I fear it will be lamer than that. Red with a Mega Charizard X, then Red with a Mega Charizard Y. Red with a Venasaur. And so on, no alternate costumes or art, just pokemon.

I'd be down for the meme that Red has one pair of clothes. All the other characters are getting beach outfits and whatnot and Red keeps showing up in his hat and blazer.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I swear to God, there are entirely too many cut scenes in moon. I became champ like 40 minutes ago i swear and haven't been able to save.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you're supposed to enjoy the big payoff for beating the game

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Sun and Moon is weird in the sense that Lillie's story seems more important than your journey.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like how even after defeating Lusamine in a battle the player and their allies just stand there and watch her open the portal, even though Nebby's life is supposedly on the line.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hope not, need these many at least

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Zore posted:

Uh whats the creepy poo poo in Mario? Zelda? Animal Crossing? Kirby? Yoshi?

You're arguing with someone who has, on multiple occasions, called every single person that worked on Splatoon 2 a pedophile.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

El Burbo posted:

Hope not, need these many at least

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

It’s fun to see how many different takes artists can get on Red’s pretty simple design

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

thetoughestbean posted:

It’s fun to see how many different takes artists can get on Red’s pretty simple design

The last two are from the same manga and they're separate characters.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I am shocked that this Pokemon Home storage thing is not called Monpoke

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Ometeotl posted:

You're arguing with someone who has, on multiple occasions, called every single person that worked on Splatoon 2 a pedophile.

Ah yes, the people who have outright stated in an interview about the game that said all the player avatars are 14 years old, and straight up said that some of them were designed to be "sexy".

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Stairmaster posted:

reds so loving pissed

Red always looks pissed.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Get some Pokemon Adventures versions of trainers in the game.

Red with Pika, Yellow, Ruby and Sapphire, the whole DPP team, all the evil gym leaders/elite four members, etc.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Entropist posted:

I am shocked that this Pokemon Home storage thing is not called Monpoke

Monpoke ended up being their babywear and baby accessories line if I recall. Incidentally now that Pokemon can replace my step tracker and sleep monitor, I hope they release an official Pokemon mood diary and period tracker. Zubats appear when your period is due and a Chansey suggestively gesturing to its egg when you're at your most fertile, reminding you how disappointed Skiddo Abe is that you haven't given him any grandkids yet.

E: Shinzo Abe obvs but thankyou for knowing Skiddo, Google keyboard

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

RatHat posted:

So if you zoom in on the trainers on the right, they appear to have Porygon Dexs. Definitely way better than a RotomDex since Porygon don’t talk.

Jesus Chirst I'd poo poo a brick if Gen 8 has Porygon Dex since Porygon is my favourite Pokemon ever, I love my square looking cyber duck. Once I found out you can get them for free in LGP I grinded the gently caress out of that little patch of grass between Saffron and Celadon to get my hands on one ASAP. Still gotta train him up but Baba is You steals all my gaming time now. Speaking of which:

Macaluso posted:

PO
KE

IS

HO
ME

AND

RE
ST

ftfy

Also time to get back to the thread since we're finally getting info on new games.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it looks like a rotom smartphone

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

oddium posted:

it looks like a rotom smartphone

Can I root it and get a CFW going then?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

Sure if you want the thing to be riddled with Porygon-Z

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Dias posted:

that’s what tms are

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
A Porydex would be okay if it only talked in garbled static and corrupted code. You can still pat it and get boosts from it but it's not popping up every ten seconds going "Hey Poro-C! Did you know the photo club exists! Hoo boy I love talking to you my favourite trainer! Whelp see you again in another ten seconds!"

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Red always looks pissed.

I don't think adult Red looks pissed. Imo he looks more like saitama in OPM. Extremely bored of being the very best.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where's Brock popping off his shirt?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

This thread is my only exposure to the press conference and I cannot tell which posts are serious and which are jokes.

Is the sleep thing real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
as real as dreams