Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

gender illusionist posted:

That's the first thing I've painted since about 2005. Worth the help of a friends airbrush, I'm super pleased with how it came out. Might stick on a couple of decals to finish off

And now I’ve realised how much I want a Nuclear 1950’s / Fallout themed AdMech army to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Progress continues...Nova 2k list has 13 models left, scouts are next.

Hahahahaa I hate you :(

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Pricing on the new paints: I pre-ordered a paint bundle with all 34 colours from a FLGS and it's about $7 a pot.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Pricing on the new paints: I pre-ordered a paint bundle with all 34 colours from a FLGS and it's about $7 a pot.

Ouch.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
That's shade pricing isn't it?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Full disclaimer: the bundle I pre-ordered includes both primers, some brushes, the two primer colours in pots etc., so I subtracted the cost of those things from the bundle price and divided by 34. We get 20% off on top of that, and I'm spending the gaming club's money, so it could've been much worse.

E:

Plavski posted:

That's shade pricing isn't it?
That's about the same price as bottled skill, yes.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Shockeh posted:

And now I’ve realised how much I want a Nuclear 1950’s / Fallout themed AdMech army to exist.

That's basically what I'm going for.

Here's some "servitors" alongside UR-025 (he's their leader, with his dusty black coat and his red right hand.)

They're from some chess set and quite poor sculpts, that and them being the very first things I painted only adds to their crappiness.

I'm probably going to track down some sentry bots as proxies for Kataphrons.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 29, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It works. Very nice.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Full disclaimer: the bundle I pre-ordered includes both primers, some brushes, the two primer colours in pots etc., so I subtracted the cost of those things from the bundle price and divided by 34. We get 20% off on top of that, and I'm spending the gaming club's money, so it could've been much worse.

E:

That's about the same price as bottled skill, yes.

What about the primer cans

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

TheBigAristotle posted:

What about the primer cans

Not sure. I just assumed regular primer price when I calculated the prices.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I know my FLGS has a different pricing for the standard black/white cans and the coloured ones. I would assume the contrast ones takes after the latter in this case.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

OhDearGodNo posted:

Hahahahaa I hate you :(

I really like your aero ship Orkz and I’m proud of you for continuing to progress on this large project.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Eifert Posting posted:

Progress continues:

Grenade launcher added to my bigly squad

Hellblasters finished.

Nova 2k list has 13 models left, scouts are next.

The 1k bonus all primaris army on the other hand... Hahaha. Nova 2020

Obviously everything about this owns bones and is done to an extremely high quality. I want to again state how much I love the dark recesses line work. It adds a really dramatic pop to the modes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
A formal army progress is not in the cards but I took WIP photos and will be sending a tutorial to le hammer del geuns. It's tedious but not difficult.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
SKULLS

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Mini-FAQ just came out:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/29/warhammer-40000-update-april-2019-addendum/

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I decided to paint my Ad-Mech like the Crossness Engines: http://www.crossness.org.uk/news.html

No idea how I'll actually execute that, and definitely don't have the skills to do so. RIP me.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
So do you get aura buffs and other shooting phase benefits in overwatch or not? I'm very confused.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Cross-posting Waghhlord Barry

(I painted him last year, and repainted most of him today because reasons)

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
You get the auras and buffs if the wording is "a shooting attack" and not "in your shooting phase."

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 29, 2019

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Beerdeer posted:

You get the auras and buffs is the wording is "a shooting attack" and not "in your shooting phase."

The fiddly wording on those auras is very dumb and GW should errata them all to be clearer.

EDIT: I mean, a miss should be a miss, you shouldn't have to subdivide them into types of misses that you can only reroll sometimes.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 29, 2019

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

The fiddly wording on those auras is very dumb and GW should errata them all to be clearer.

EDIT: I mean, a miss should be a miss, you shouldn't have to subdivide them into types of misses that you can only reroll sometimes.

Attach characters to units and stop dealing with auras at all. Or use the official "games workshop circular measuring device"

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Failson posted:

I decided to paint my Ad-Mech like the Crossness Engines: http://www.crossness.org.uk/news.html

No idea how I'll actually execute that, and definitely don't have the skills to do so. RIP me.

It looks sorta like illuminated manuscripts. Draw out a pattern with a pencil or something and then block it in. Cool idea!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Failson posted:

Every time I go to the Dayton Air Force Museum I take a ton of reference pics of the exposed metals.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are you sure that was a good idea? Games Workshop doesn't even have the paints up yet on their online store. Where is this price coming from?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

I said come in! posted:

Are you sure that was a good idea? Games Workshop doesn't even have the paints up yet on their online store. Where is this price coming from?

Retailers are able to order for their stores.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeast posted:

Retailers are able to order for their stores.

I’m a derp and didnt realize that is what he was doing. My bad!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I will make one post about this and never bring it up again, but I am attempting to build a place on facebook where lefty Hams can congregate and talk hobby, make fun of chuds, etc. Goons are largely good people and I generally trust everyone's intentions, so if you'd like to help a group like that grow, shoot me a PM or quote me if you can't and I'll link you. If this is against the rules/spirit of the thread let me know and I'll just delete it.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap painting desk that doesn't take up a ton of floor space? I'm diving back into the warhammer fold with Underworlds and finishing up my Death Guard but would really like a dedicated thing I can paint on

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Booley posted:

Attach characters to units and stop dealing with auras at all. Or use the official "games workshop circular measuring device"

Having all abilities like this work like the Necron ones would be better, pick one unit to reroll 1s to hit or whatever rather than entire armies huddling around a captain.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

I said come in! posted:

I’m a derp and didnt realize that is what he was doing. My bad!

US$7.50 a bottle is interesting. That's for sure.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Once contrast paints come out, can GWS release new super brushes that always keep their point no matter what and are self cleaning? :colbert:

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

The difference between "mere human" and Astartes is in the strength and toughness. Power armor gives you a 3+ save, but the gene seed gives you S4/T4. Isn't that usually how it gets explained in terms of fluff v crunch?

This is a scale problem. In something like Infinity, a Guardsman would be 10 points, a Sister would be 40 points and a Marine would be a crazy thing at 80+ points. 40k doesn't have that granularity though so everything gets squished so you can fit in knights.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Yeah I think they need to bite the bullet and make the points bigger to allow for more granularity.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Oh boy, this topic again. :geno:

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah I think they need to bite the bullet and make the points bigger to allow for more granularity.

No, 40k's just a different game. It's not an accurate simulation of the fluff and it's not meant to be.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

NovemberMike posted:

No, 40k's just a different game. It's not an accurate simulation of the fluff and it's not meant to be.

but the rules team use the fluff as the focus

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
My big gross floaty boy is coming along

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
That blight drone is big, is gross and is floaty, but most of all he is beautiful.

Death Guard do also look great in Grey, any excuse for me to post my deathshroud again

Tiger Millionaire fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/30/the-top-5-reasons-to-paint-your-modelsfw-homepage-post-3gw-homepage-post-1/

Painting your models has lots of benefits.