Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
SAM looking as good as it did in the live letter. Real happy about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I can't wait to play *flips open current job guide* level 2 scholar while leveling or doing dps as any healer for the next 2 years

what a thrill :)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Someone tell me what happened to Earthly Star, the best button in the game, I can't bear to look

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Arist posted:

Someone tell me what happened to Earthly Star, the best button in the game, I can't bear to look

Still has damage.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol holy god playing a healer is going to be boring as gently caress now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah healing looks garbo. Out of all 3 it looks like WHM got the more dynamic kit and its the healer that I have the lowest level on. GNB at least looks super fun so I might just tank this expansion

like looking AST, the actual act of healing is more dynamic and all but I cant bring myself to play it unless you are pressed harder to heal.

Summoner looks really fun too, so I might just level that and get a SCH out of it as well maybe. I couldn't stand summoner before

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 29, 2019

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Minrad posted:

I can't wait to play *flips open current job guide* level 2 scholar while leveling or doing dps as any healer for the next 2 years

what a thrill :)

Umm we still have a month for them to completely rework 3 different classes why are you being such a negative nancy???

(A lot of DPS classes look fun though so I guess I'm just a DPS main now)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lol what the gently caress was 'goad'? They removed a button I've never even seen before.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Scholar no longer has access to Miasma, Miasma II, Shadow Flare, Energy Drain, Bane, Rouse, and Fey Covenant. I’ll let that sink in for a second.

https://i.imgur.com/vMn7rrB.mp4

Minera fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 29, 2019

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
SAM and MNK both sound incredibly fun now. SAM is going to be an absolute blender in trash packs.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Lol what the gently caress was 'goad'? They removed a button I've never even seen before.

Single target TP restoration over time effect. They've gotten rid of or reworked every action that used to restore TP.

GNB looks fun as hell and very strong as a support tank. Looks like the old Dark Arts piano playing of HW DRK, but put together in a much more sensible way. PLD now finally gets some good AoE, too.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 29, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vermain posted:

Single target TP restoration over time effect. They've gotten rid of or reworked every action that used to restore TP.

I think it was a joke

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Vermain posted:

Gravity, thank god, is now a level 45 action.

:eyepop:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RDM still has scatter, it just upgrades to (new AOE) Impact at 66. No explanation on on the deal with the names aoe VerThunder/Aero, but I guess it's just some early build shenanigans?

Also, whow, almost missed it, but VerAero/VerThunder now upgrade into VerHoly/VerFlare when ready. Guess I won't have to find extra bind space for my new spells.

No cooldown on Raise like some of the rumors were suggesting.

e: Did anyone screenshot the character panel that lists the jobs? I can't imagine there's anything terribly exciting about it, but I do really want to see it with the new jobs listed. :v:

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 29, 2019

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

isk posted:

Yeah SAM looks like all positives. Opening up a fight with big dick energy and applying 2400 single target potency within the first 3 seconds (3650 if you start with 70+ kenki) sounds like a good way to annoy a pubbie tank and/or die in glory.

I guess the Hagakure juggle is gone so there's less to think about while you hack away, so some might be disappointed by that?

E- actually if Ikishouten is up too, add Gurren onto that. 5 seconds of megadump for 4450 potency? That's a pretty nice Trick Attack window.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 29, 2019

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Minrad posted:

Scholar no longer has access to Miasma, Miasma II, Shadow Flare, Energy Drain, Bane, Rouse, and Fey Covenant. I’ll let that sink in for a second.

Good riddance on miasma 1 tho. The dot timers not lining up was the biggest bullshit

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have no idea what the gently caress DNC's rotation is, holy hell

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly with how party healing seems to so rampant on the DPS classes and even tanks with regens, I'm thinking damage is going to be much higher in this expansion.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

wow, uh, good thing i never liked playing healers anyway

their damage gameplay getting the ax means either they're gonna be dull as dishwater, or we're going into Triage Healing gameplay like WoW (in order to necessitate the healer spending all their time healing), which... yeah, my anxiety's on fire :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Honestly with how party healing seems to so rampant on the DPS classes and even tanks with regens, I'm thinking damage is going to be much higher in this expansion.

Yeah tanks all being able to give shields has me thinking that too.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

yeah healers just appear to have been done absolutely dirty.

The previewed dungeon didn't seem to really have appreciably higher healing requirements either than what we're used to, both in the single target and area of effect departments. While it's entirely possible later dungeons do have higher requirements I wouldn't hold my breath.

new paladin looks extremely exciting though as does gunbreaker so I suppose I can just swap to full time tanking.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its good that RDM AoE has changed up with verthunder/aero and impact doing AoEs, sucks though that they still don't have an aoe nuke and are still doing moulinet.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So IF healing itself is more chaotic and less controlled than it is now AND they dont go full WoTLK on spike damage, then healing itself might be more interesting. I still wont take a healer as my first class though so now I'm vacillating between going GNB first or SMN

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Also lol loving rip scholar. Regret putting my tomes into healing gear.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

isk posted:

Yeah, the worst you can say is Shoha sucks but is still going to be free damage on occasion. I will happily take a mediocre skill over a class defining ruinous one. Also the 2 new passives are great, gotta go even faster. Also, really glad sam's kept low blow, they made it sound like we wouldn't.

Also, very glad they changed bard's proc rate, because it means the new meta doesn't immediately coalesce into dnc+brd partnerships.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

drat gbr's 2nd hit gives a shield and a heal?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shadowbringers Bard sounds good as hell and I can't wait to try it out.

I recently came back to this game after a few years away. I stopped right after Rabanastre came back so over the last month or so I've run through all the remaining patches, the rest of Omega, the beast tribes, and the rest of the Tactics raids and man was this overall a great expansion. I really like how my class plays (due to my time away I only have Bard and Machinist at 70 and I don't even play Machinist, it's just cause I have a MCH retainer and they share gear) and the bosses have all been pretty dang fun. The Orbonne Monastery was a blast for my FFT-loving self, definitely the highlight of all of that. Or at least #2 after Everything About The Namazu.

Looking forward to Shadowbringing next month. I won't ever be the dedicated player I was during Heavensward but I genuinely enjoy this game and I'm happy to be back with it. Especially since I'll be back in the same timezone as the people I want to play with in a couple months (that was the main reason I took a hiatus.)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

That's my impression as well. The changes to Sheltron and Raw Intuition make it seem like tankbusters will be more common in regular content, and the new healer actions are all unbelievably strong if they were to keep the current average incoming DPS of SB.

bigmandan
Sep 11, 2001

lol internet
College Slice

Leal posted:

Its good that RDM AoE has changed up with verthunder/aero and impact doing AoEs, sucks though that they still don't have an aoe nuke and are still doing moulinet.

What's wrong with moulinet? Feels pretty fun to use damage seems fine. I'm bad though so I'm probably missing something.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
:siren: GRAVITY IS LEVEL 45! THIS IS NOT A DRILL. GRAVITY HAS MOVED TO LEVEL 45! :siren:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

bigmandan posted:

What's wrong with moulinet? Feels pretty fun to use damage seems fine. I'm bad though so I'm probably missing something.

It's just kinda "eh" as far as gamefeel goes. You don't get the same satisfaction of having a single big AoE hit like a lot of other classes do.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Boss mechanics! :buddy:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

bigmandan posted:

I think it just feels less satisfying then the single target because you don't have some big finisher after.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Zokari posted:

Royal Authority being an upgrade to Rage of Halone is going to make roulettes way less obnoxious.

No, Total Eclipse at level 6 will make roulettes less obnoxious.

Willias fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 29, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Scholar got dunked holy gently caress do I feel bad for people on discord that enjoyed it.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
DRG changes are going to make it enjoyable in dungeons(FINALLY) and also way less fiddly and floortanky in more difficult content.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

bigmandan posted:

I just like leaping away from my enemy and doing a twirl while a big spell comes crashing down from the heavens to murder my enemy. With moulinet you leap back and just throw more scatters :smith:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

WHM looks alright minus the loss of AOE Aero.

Upgrading Stone and Aero into Glare and Dia is weird.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gunbreaker seems really fuckin cool, i think im gonna start with that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

War seems to just be simplified a little bit? You get to Inner Release more often and cast Super Fell Cleave, but I dislike inner beast and steel cyclone just straight up being gone. In fact War's beast gauage and Drk's blood gauges both just seem to be glorified resource bars for casting one of two dps spells? I don't get it.