Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

If you’re reading the thread friendly warning for you to get Kaze up to A rank ASAP.

A rank in what? Relationship? Weapons?
I use Kaze quite a lot, but then I have a weakness for thieves since Sothe and Colm.

edit: I forgot to mention I'm loving Jakob and the way he twirls the staves. It's flourishes like that that I've been missing so much in the move to 3d.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

A rank in what? Relationship? Weapons?
I use Kaze quite a lot, but then I have a weakness for thieves since Sothe and Colm.

edit: I forgot to mention I'm loving Jakob and the way he twirls the staves. It's flourishes like that that I've been missing so much in the move to 3d.

A Rank support with Corrin

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

MightyApe's having another gaming sale with some decent prices on what's left of their 3DS game stock

All the Selects titles are down to $20-$23AUD apiece.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
:siren:Ausgoons:siren: (uh...again?)

EB Games are having their semi-regular clearance sale and this time they want their 3DS stock gone.

:siren:All 3DS games are now $4AUD or $9AUD:siren:. Website is mostly click-and-collect now, so if you want something, get it while you can.

All amiibo are similarly only $4AUD apiece.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So this is happening a couple weeks early somehow.

I ain't complaining. :shrug:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Behold! What is likely the final physical 3DS title.

:discourse:

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 23, 2019

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hope that game is good. Mildly considering it as I enjoyed the first one but I heard the translation is beyond half assed with incorrect descriptions and whatnot and no dub VA (which probably isn't a breaker for half the crowd)

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hope that game is good. Mildly considering it as I enjoyed the first one but I heard the translation is beyond half assed with incorrect descriptions and whatnot and no dub VA (which probably isn't a breaker for half the crowd)

Yeah, I keep wavering on whether to get it myself or just hunt down one of the Etrian Odyssey games instead. My problem is I kinda like first person dungeon crawlers but not so much the cartography, which is half the gameplay. Do any of these games have a good auto mapping feature for lazy fucks like me?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
actually iirc persona Q is the one with a robust automap! i just hate it because it doesn't map the way i like to make it look

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I pre-ordered it because I may get around to playing it eventually and this is probably the cheapest it will ever be.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Are any notable new digital only releases planned for 3DS?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sounds like Etrian Odyssey's mistranslated descriptions continue to live on.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Not really. Everyone's jumped ship for the Switch already, the only things really coming out on the 3DS are localizations for games already out. There's not really much call for developing on the 3DS anymore since anything that'll run on the Switch can work on drat-near anything else and vice-versa.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Shakedown Hawaii, I guess? Maybe that came out, I dunno, I don't give a poo poo about it on any platform.

The SmileBASIC/Petit Computer sequel's out on Switch today in Japan, by the way - it supports USB keyboard, Labo, all sorts of bullshit. This'll be the first version since the original that people can just import instead of waiting a hundred years for the localisation.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This'll be the first version since the original that people can just import instead of waiting a hundred years for the localisation.

Oh! Huh! You're right!

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
Has anyone had any luck with replacement N3DS (Non-XL) batteries in the UK? Mine is slightly bulging and doesn't last very long anymore. I tried a replacement 2000mAh battery (compared to the original 1400mAh), but it seems like a fake, very light and lasts even less time than my old battery.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ArcticZombie posted:

Has anyone had any luck with replacement N3DS (Non-XL) batteries in the UK? Mine is slightly bulging and doesn't last very long anymore. I tried a replacement 2000mAh battery (compared to the original 1400mAh), but it seems like a fake, very light and lasts even less time than my old battery.

Take out the old battery and stop using it ASAP if you haven’t already.

I got a replacement from amazon (us) that worked but Mugen makes good batteries if you can find one.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

MarcusSA posted:

I got a replacement from amazon (us) that worked but Mugen makes good batteries if you can find one.

Repeating this, right this second.

Bulging is precursor to fire if you keep using it.

I've had luck with specialized battery shops but those don't sell via the internet due to the inherent problems with mailing batteries.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MarcusSA posted:

More importantly, dispose of the loving thing as well. Go look up on Youtube what happens when a bulging battery decides it just doesn't want to go on living anymore.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
I didn't make it clear, but it not lasting very long is what lead me to discover it was bulging and get a replacement, I'm not still using the old one.

Real ones are a pain to find in the UK, we don't have a Nintendo distributor (in addition to the issues with postage). We have imports of the batteries, but they cost like Ł30 (!!) and I'm not into these behemoths Mugen that require a bigger case.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
There is a new 3ds game on the E-Shop named PDI Check, it has to be good, its priced at the discounted rate of $99.99

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pdi-check-3ds/

I reccomend buying it digitally multiple times for friends and family.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

First the fairy game and now this, the 3DS has truly reached a new golden age.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hospitals will use old iPhones running apps to record patient information. Why not a 3DS for vision testing? :v:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Just get Flash Focus for the DS like everyone else in this thread surely did, it's got the same games and is basically Brain Age for your eyes, I played it for quite a while and now I have x-ray vision

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Heath posted:

Hospitals will use old iPhones running apps to record patient information. Why not a 3DS for vision testing? :v:

I've known my mom has an eye issue for a while but watching her try to find a position where she could see the 3D drove home the extent of the issue.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Vinja Ninja posted:

There is a new 3ds game on the E-Shop named PDI Check, it has to be good, its priced at the discounted rate of $99.99

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pdi-check-3ds/

I reccomend buying it digitally multiple times for friends and family.

I hope future 3DS games don't continue this trend in pricing.

We're practically stealing money from the devs.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Heath posted:

It's amusing, sure, but since 2011-era fad of stereoscopic displays has long past (as 3D tends to do every time it comes around) you're not going to find an auto-calibrating stereoscopic display that's better, and certainly not cheaper, than the New 3DS XL for a long time. If physicians are able to use it a diagnostic tool, that's great. The cost of the software is totally reasonable in that context, and it since it's not expected to do high volume sales they're probably not going to profit significantly from it.

Too bad the asset quality doesn't look great, from the screenshots anyways.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm plaing Link Between Worlds. What the heck, your bow is taken away from you if you die? What's the point of that?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So Link Between Worlds lets you rent items for a fee. They get sent back when you die. Or you could outright purchase them for a much higher price and keep them permanently. The dungeons can be done in any order, so you can choose whichever items you want to get in whatever order.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
buying items is also related to a feature you unlock later, where you can only upgrade items you yourself own

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

They explain that pretty clearly and make the distinction very obvious, which makes it a nice way to spend all those rupees you're getting

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Gripweed posted:

I'm plaing Link Between Worlds. What the heck, your bow is taken away from you if you die? What's the point of that?

Are you not actually reading the text that shows up on the screen? You are explicitly told how the rent/buy items mechanic works.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's what makes ALBW so fun, really.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Are you not actually reading the text that shows up on the screen? You are explicitly told how the rent/buy items mechanic works.
We found the cutscene skipper.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't cutscene-shame. Some of those suckers take a while. :ohdear:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

TBH you don't even have to grind very hard to buy the items. Just buy the items

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wark Say posted:

Don't cutscene-shame. Some of those suckers take a while. :ohdear:
I'm not gonna condemn cutscene skippers, people can play how they want. It's just that I personally have never played a game where I've liked the gameplay but didn't care about the story so I can't understand them either.

Maybe I will one day but I play most of my games for the story as much as the gameplay so I'd probably quit the game before I start skipping through stuff. Again, no judgment, just my experience.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waltzing Along posted:

I wasn't given the opportunity to buy a bow. He just loaned me a bow. And yeah, he did say that he'd take the bow back if I died. But I didn't give it any thought until I actually died, at which point I realized that that meant if I die while doing a dungeon that requires a bow, my options are either go all the fuckin way back to my house to get the bow back, or just revert to my previous save.

Maybe I'll understand the appeal of that as I play on, but right now that just seems like a major annoyance for no gain.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The rental/buying system is a clumsy attempt to shake up the Zelda formula that falls flat in my opinion. Fortunately for your issue getting enough money to buy everything is easy so do that ASAP and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Also fortunately it's next to impossible to die in that game anyway