Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Waffleman_ posted:

But also, if you lived near Chicken Guy, wouldn't anyone go like just once?

poo poo man, I live in Vegas, where some gimmick places get bougie as gently caress (and gimmick food is already bougie), but even I end up at those joints when the stars align. I find that trying to enjoy touring my city more often makes me appreciate it as a home more.

I think there's a lot more, better value gimmicks in Vegas than Guy's, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
the birth of TAZ

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW1xH7IEiCM

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

now this is the dystopian poo poo that munch squad craves

https://twitter.com/BurgerKing/status/1131569117499207681

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

The 7th Guest posted:

Haha poo poo man, we're hosed

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The 7th Guest posted:

no purchase required??????

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Shinjobi posted:

If there's a required purchase it's gambling.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

This week's Sawbones was about the WoW Corrupted Blood plague which was a pretty interesting bit of video game/epidemiology history.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/1133111633608355845

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

zimbomonkey posted:

If there's a required purchase it's gambling.

Yeah but the funny part is that it literally says you have to make a purchase through the app to enter and of course nobody is going to read the t&c

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Shinjobi posted:

It's a sweepstakes. In the United States any sweepstakes must be "No purchase required" and offer a way to submit an alternate entry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweepstake

Every time McDonald's did Monopoly there would be a thread here with goons sending in thousands of postcards for a chance at free Big Macs.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 28, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zero One posted:

It's a sweepstakes. In the United States any sweepstakes must be "No purchase required" and offer a way to submit an alternate entry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweepstake

Every time McDonald's did Monopoly there would be a thread here with goons sending in thousands of postcards for a chance at free Big Macs.

I get all that, but these ads always make me laugh when it's "BUY THIS THING AND THIS COULD HAPPEN but also you don't need to buy anything"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Continuing my backlog listen, episode 284 has some choice napping advice that I need to remember for later (25 minutes, no covers if you're on a bed, use an eye mask)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
God drat today's Money Zone is high octane, top tier brother energy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1133450122728235009

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

God drat today's Money Zone is high octane, top tier brother energy.

It was a refreshing breath of air after the flagrant disregard for forklift safety.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

People on Facebook were mad about this because they were “invading gay spaces” lmao

Good for them for putting money to their beliefs though

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mae posted:

People on Facebook were mad about this because they were “invading gay spaces” lmao

Good for them for putting money to their beliefs though

Yeah gently caress those guys for wanting to support gay rights.

Seriously though why are people so bad.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
'people on facebook' have every opinion on everything if you look hard enough

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

flatluigi posted:

'people on facebook' have every opinion on everything if you look hard enough

Fair, but this is in the notably insane McElroy Facebook group that the brothers used to be a part of

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I joined that group, looked around, and then left in less than a week. Being inclusive is good on paper, but then you attract the hyper sensitive people who need to be offended

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

One episode they made some joke about a guy piloting a sock puppet with his dick, and within an hour someone posted pictures of their dick in a sock with a smiley face drawn on and answered complaints by saying they would only take it down if a McElroy asked personally.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
That you cannot discuss Glass Shark in any context at all pretty much sums up the value of FB fan groups in general.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I wanted to know if https://talktotransformer.com could write a MBMBaM episode:

quote:

Justin: Hey everybody and welcome to My Brother, My Brother and Me, and advice show for the modren era. I'm your oldest brother, Justin McElroy.

Travis: I'm your middlest brother, Travis McElroy.

Griffin: I'm your biggest brother, Griffin McElroy.

Matt: I'm your nastier brother, Matt McElroy.

Dwayne: I'm your most hated brother, Dwayne McElroy.

Pats: I'm your favourite boy boy, Ryan McElroy.

Josh: I'm your secret secret secret sinner, Josh McElroy.

Michael: I'm your most hated enemy, Michael McElroy.

Tyler: I'm your most feared friend, Tyler McElroy.

Jaden: I'm my youngest brother, Jaden McElroy.

Kenny: I'm my most loyal friend, Kenny McElroy.

Eddie: I'm your favorite little brother, Eddie McElroy.

Alex: I'm your most obnoxious little brother, Alex McElroy.

Earl: I'm your friend's best friend, Earl McElroy.

Papa: I'm your daddy's friend, Papa McElray.

Zack: I'm your

Indistinguishable

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Imagine the number of podcasts that hell family would flood the world with

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FutonForensic posted:

Indistinguishable

i guess i'm most worried about this one

quote:

I'm your secret secret secret sinner, Josh McElroy.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

eke out posted:

i guess i'm most worried about this one

See I think it's

quote:

Pats: I'm your favourite boy boy, Ryan McElroy. 

Extremely hiding something

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Get the gently caress out of here Earl, we don’t even know you

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

Indistinguishable

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pats "Ryan" McElroy, a good boy boy

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I knew it was going to happen as soon as they announced they were coming to the network: Justin is on Mission to Zyxx this week.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I love Pilot Season. The game show bits are fun.

E: I know the Maxfun ads are a dead horse but why is the Minority Korner lady's audio quality still so bad you're getting paid to do this buy a new mic

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 30, 2019

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

God, I would watch Detective Frankenstein so loving much

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Waffleman_ posted:

E: I know the Maxfun ads are a dead horse but why is the Minority Korner lady's audio quality still so bad you're getting paid to do this buy a new mic

The worst ad is any Flophouse ad, especially if they're singing a ~quirky~ song. Forced whimsy gives me the worst second-hand embarrassment.

A close runner-up is the "you're... doing... a... great... job" One Bad Mother ad because it feels like it's ten minutes long.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i like how every new ad for the beef and dairy network has to make it more explicitly clear that it's a comedy podcast

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FutonForensic posted:

Indistinguishable

I did this for TAZ too and yeah I guess the boys can retire now-

quote:

Hey everybody and welcome to another episode of The Adventure Zone!

It's another episode of The Adventure Zone! This time, we take us down to the bottom of the river when some strange creatures are attacking the boat.

The Monsters

The Monster Hunter Association website states, "The Monster Hunter Association has found out that this creature is the very same monster that we have hunted, and we're forced to work together to find them and kill them off."

For some reason, there is a monster out there that has a "stomach" with two heads.

If they can take on one of those headless creatures, then there really is no need to hunt a monster.

For some reason, these monsters just never die, they just take on another form (a very powerful one, at least).

The Solution For Them

The first thing we should do is kill the creature, or at the very least, destroy whatever's on its head.

I would say we need to use a bow or poison arrow, which are both highly effective. You can also use a shield or a torch or anything to make it easier to reach.

To be honest, it doesn't matter how much you can kill it, unless the monster can hit you or kill you with its massive weight.

A Good Idea

If you choose to

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The worst MaxFun ads are any of the ones for the 12 different shows about quirky people discussing pop culture

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Improbable Lobster posted:

i like how every new ad for the beef and dairy network has to make it more explicitly clear that it's a comedy podcast

I love Beef and Dairy but I can't imagine how hard it must be to write an ad for it. It's got that Firesign Theatre flavor that you're either into or you're not, and I don't think any amount of "no, seriously, were making jokes" is going to change the latter into the former.

Edit: cool apparently I get to champ a third hole in my "compare Beef and Dairy to Firesign Theatre in the McElroy thread" punch card, two more and I get a dollar off a small milkshake

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

DoombatINC posted:

I love Beef and Dairy but I can't imagine how hard it must be to write an ad for it. It's got that Firesign Theatre flavor that you're either into or you're not, and I don't think any amount of "no, seriously, were making jokes" is going to change the latter into the former.

Edit: cool apparently I get to champ a third hole in my "compare Beef and Dairy to Firesign Theatre in the McElroy thread" punch card, two more and I get a dollar off a small milkshake
I mean I'm sure there are people who half-listen to the show and don't realize it's comedy, everyone on it has been so drat good at deadpan delivery

also there have been a couple moments where the show has legitimately creeped me out, lol.

e: also while we're on other Max Fun shows, Justin was on Mission to Zyxx this week! The episode will make no sense if you haven't listened to the rest of it though