Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Based Kojima

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I'm glad we still have people like Yoko Taro and Kojima making games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ZZZorcerer posted:

I'm glad we still have people like Yoko Taro and Kojima making games.

I await the day they work together on a game :magical:.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

haveblue posted:

When the name "Mama" popped up I immediately though "oh, that's the character who manages all the bottled babies and maybe invented them" but from the rest of the trailer that might be Mads.

Fragile is just a big NIN fan.

I unironically hope this is the reason for her code name. Like whenever she's introduced into the game's story there has to be a long explanation of her tragic backstory and then the main character is like "so that's why she's called Fragile huh" and the explainer is like "What? No of course not you see in the 90s there wa-(10 minute codec call about Nine Inch Nails)"

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Neo Rasa posted:

I unironically hope this is the reason for her code name. Like whenever she's introduced into the game's story there has to be a long explanation of her tragic backstory and then the main character is like "so that's why she's called Fragile huh" and the explainer is like "What? No of course not you see in the 90s there wa-(10 minute codec call about Nine Inch Nails)"

Have they announced the composer, as I would really love to have Trent and Atticus do stuff for this game.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Likewise, I hope Die Hardman is named that because everyone got to pick their names and he is just the biggest fan of Die Hard

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The temptation to pre-order this now so I won’t have to think about the money later and will just have it in five months is so high

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lastdancer posted:

Likewise, I hope Die Hardman is named that because everyone got to pick their names and he is just the biggest fan of Die Hard

He's German and thought he was naming himself "The hard man"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Neo Rasa posted:

https://youtu.be/xN8rcbTxl1k

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Death Stranding looks killer

RBA Starblade posted:

It's got some winners but I couldn't say which has the Best Exclusives at this point

There's a lot of good poo poo now
To me its a bid odd because I'm not sure I can name a single exclusive that wasnt a Sony production whereas if you go back to the PS2 exclusives were pretty common and if you go back to SNES than nearly every game was an exclusive and theyd make a different Aladdin game for the SNES and the Genesis.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

To me its a bid odd because I'm not sure I can name a single exclusive that wasnt a Sony production whereas if you go back to the PS2 exclusives were pretty common and if you go back to SNES than nearly every game was an exclusive and theyd make a different Aladdin game for the SNES and the Genesis.

Plus old stuff does get ported now and then (or in the case of the most popular stuff pretty regularly), so conversation of what system has the best exclusives RIGHT NOW, as in, the game is great, but it's literally only officially available to play on that one platform even years later, is pretty interesting. With that in mind a lot of newer systems are at a disadvantage when ports and games released across multiple generations and stuff is pretty commonplace.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

That's pretty much why Dr Strangelove was called that in Peace Walker. That and she was bisexual.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Spalec posted:

That's pretty much why Dr Strangelove was called that in Peace Walker. That and she was bisexual.

Even further back, same thing with Vamp.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I will be genuinely shocked if Kojima is able to deliver his parable on reconstructing society without insinuating that the most important role for women is motherhood.

Then again the women in the trailer are called FRAGILE and MAMA and "Quiet breathes through her skin, that's why we can't give her clothes you peasant idiot".

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Anyway, looks like PS+ games this month are Sonic Mania and Borderlands: Handsome Collection are the PS+ games this month. Sonic Mania owns.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Montalvo posted:

I will be genuinely shocked if Kojima is able to deliver his parable on reconstructing society without insinuating that the most important role for women is motherhood.

Then again the women in the trailer are called FRAGILE and MAMA and "Quiet breathes through her skin, that's why we can't give her clothes you peasant idiot".

You will regret your deeds and words.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Moms are tough

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Moms are tough

Hardest job in the world.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
with the Pro being $350 during that state of play week I'm really tempted to replace my OG PS Poor, even with the PS5 looming at $500 or more next fall

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

might as well wait if you're thinking on upgrading the PS Poor since PS5 will be backwards compatible anyway. I've had the white Destiny PS4 model for eons but knowing PS5 will be back-compat makes hanging onto it easier

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Montalvo posted:

I get the feeling Kojima was really burned by the criticism over female portrayal in MGSV and might, overcompensate might not be the right word, but do something along those lines

This is a game where men carry around babies on their bellies

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Really respect Kojima using the huge bags of cash Sony gives him to hang out with all his favourite actors and musicians.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Neo Rasa posted:

You will regret your deeds and words.

This is often the case

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Escobarbarian posted:

The temptation to pre-order this now so I won’t have to think about the money later and will just have it in five months is so high

Hold on to your money for now. Sony usually does a 'spend $100, get $15' promotion around E3. So you can preorder death stranding and some other game and get $15 back.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Which Kojima turbonerd here is working on the Death Stranding thread?

Is now the time to get hyped?

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
...DayZ?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Up until recently, the Yakuza games. Yakuza 6 and Fist of the North Star are still PS4 exclusive but that probably won't be for long

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

In the old console days that at least had a reason behind it, in that the systems had vast technical differences even though they were similarly powerful. Color palettes, memory management, processors were all different, so in a lot of cases they just said screw it and made two games instead of bothering to port.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Its obviously in german and the translation is...

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Ultimate Mango posted:

Ill make one in an hour

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

haveblue posted:

Kojima also apparently played The Darkness

And (I hope read, but possibly watched) The Postman.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/SamSykesSwears/status/1133806058575519744

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Days Gone seems like a ridiculously easy plat if people are interested in that sort of thing. Most of it can be done just from beating the game.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

blackguy32 posted:

Days Gone seems like a ridiculously easy plat if people are interested in that sort of thing. Most of it can be done just from beating the game.

60-80 hours though, which seems kinda long.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I’m surprised more games don’t advertise themselves on EZ platz as a selling point.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Back in the day you'd get people buying the Airbender game on 360 because you could get all the cheevos in 30 seconds but I don't think anyone really cares that much now.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

exquisite tea posted:

I’m surprised more games don’t advertise themselves on EZ platz as a selling point.

I would prefer the platinum difficulty listed right next to the ESRB rating on all games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sakurazuka posted:

Back in the day you'd get people buying the Airbender game on 360 because you could get all the cheevos in 30 seconds but I don't think anyone really cares that much now.

Then they immediately sold it to Gamestop, who sold it to the next achievement hunter, and that's not something the publisher wants to encourage.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sakurazuka posted:

There's a ton of games released on PSN/MS store pretty much with the sole purpose of giving a stupidly easy platinum/1000 gs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Ultimate Mango posted:

its always been the time!

there was a thread but it got archived. i'd make a new one but i don't want that kind of responsibility in my life.