Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Lifespan posted:

The Benjy fight on Wednesday was cringe worthy. The guy does work a 12 hour week and deserves to be fired (it was pretty clear that Will wants him gone too), but Howard projecting his issues on to Benjy was weird. The whole "you don't show up because you are filled with rage and are jealous of me" just smacks of all of the things he has been saying on his book tour about his own therapy. It's insane to me that the guy has been in therapy 2-3 times a week for 20 years and is still so narrow minded whenever he tries to talk about psych stuff.

gently caress the benjy.

Fire him bring back Jackie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I think Sirius/XM might be free until Jun 4th. Pretty sure I heard one of the Hair Nation dj’s mention that today. He even said you have access to the Stern video vault or whatever they have on the app now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lifespan posted:

The Benjy fight on Wednesday was cringe worthy. The guy does work a 12 hour week and deserves to be fired (it was pretty clear that Will wants him gone too), but Howard projecting his issues on to Benjy was weird. The whole "you don't show up because you are filled with rage and are jealous of me" just smacks of all of the things he has been saying on his book tour about his own therapy. It's insane to me that the guy has been in therapy 2-3 times a week for 20 years and is still so narrow minded whenever he tries to talk about psych stuff.

Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock.

First... I may be wrong here, but it seems to me that Benjy is one of the types of writers who's whole purpose on the show is to basically feed Howard jokes over the computer while he is on air. Which makes sense that they would be furious that he is 2 minutes late to the show, because he needs to be able to write poo poo as a reaction to what is happening live. And this is probably why Howard likes Benjy, because he feeds him funny lines that Howard uses. So with that said, there is no real purpose for him to be in the office 6-3pm because he serves no purpose outside of when the show is airing live.

Second... if he's writing other poo poo for the show (which I don't think he is) I think there is a valid point to be made that he doesn't need to be at a desk in the building to write. This kind of goes back to when Howard was talking to Kimmel the other day. where as a comedy writer you are constantly thinking about stuff. You're reading the paper not for enjoyment, but reading it to get ideas about what to write about. So they probably tell him he doesn't need to be in his desk chair when he doesn't have to, but he's still doing stuff for his main responsibility, and then you have people upset that he gets special treatment.

Third... The Stern show is more scripted than professional wrestling. There is no way you have an army of writers to fill 12 hours of on air each week, and then just decide to throw away an hour of planned material to yell at Benjy. You can almost guarantee that the issue is probably somewhat grounded in reality (like Benjy being late happened a previous day), but they decide to take it on air and turn it up to 11 with the staff's reactions to it. I think the show has a lot of improv obviously, but is scripted down to the main topics and bullet points that they want to get through so that there is a narrative so that things go places and have a progression.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The staff is there 5 days a week.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Yeah, the staff is there 5 days a week, but there is poo poo that needs to be done during Thursday and Friday, like doing a rehearsal for Richard pouring champagne into his rear end in a top hat.

There are people that have jobs that don't need to be in the office to do them. And if you're main job is to write jokes for Howard when the show is on the air, you don't need to be there when the show isn't on the air.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it’s just Howard is old school and being on time is an important thing in itself.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He's a tyrannical rear end in a top hat who loves lording over people. It's funny to hear him go off on people and Benjy certainly deserves it, but yeah, it's not that big of a deal that a joke writer isn't sitting at his desk, poo poo, he could text him jokes faster

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I love that MC Serch randomly calls into the show recently, seemingly out of nowhere, but the rap nerd in me is pretty sad that no one on the show knows who he is :(

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 28, 2019

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Hoobastank4ever97 posted:

I love that MC Serch randomly calls into the show recently, seemingly out of nowhere, but the rap nerd in me is pretty sad that no one on the show knows who he is :(

Third Bass fuckin sucks, and were washed up 25 years ago. Thats why nobody knows who he is.

E:^^^^ I deliberately pronounce that like the fish, not like the musical shits to show my dislike for them.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
We used to go to Deja Vu (strip club) nearly every weekend when we were 18. This particular establishment had a thing they would do when they were slow called a "Pop Goes the Weasel". Best way I can describe it as a couch dance sampler.

For $20 you got to sit on a couch and get a dance from your favorite dancer and then the DJ would say, "switch" and the girls would move to the couch on their left and keep going until all the guys had at least a few minutes with each girl.

I can't hear that song without hearing a DJ voice say "SWITCH!" in my head.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

wesleywillis posted:

Third Bass fuckin sucks, and were washed up 25 years ago. Thats why nobody knows who he is.

E:^^^^ I deliberately pronounce that like the fish, not like the musical shits to show my dislike for them.

lol I never heard of someone who actively hated 3rd Bass. Come on, the Gas Face? Herbalz in Your Mouth? Brooklyn Queens? For 1989 that stuff was gold

Serch also produced what might be one of the greatest beats I've ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRvpGGc9Jv8

(listen at 0:55)

Edit: Pete Nice is a bum though, yeah

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 28, 2019

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Astro7x posted:

Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock.

The point is that Howard only asks him to be in the office 12 hours a week (only 3 days a week). Not being late is really not much to ask. They might even give him the benefit of the doubt for the occasional small lateness if he were producing something other than on the fly jokes. It was pretty clear from Will's reaction in studio that a lot of the staff hold a grudge that he works such short hours and does nothing more than the minimum to keep his job. Howard clearly likes his writing, but other staff members feed him things while also providing a lot more material in other areas.

Howard isn't going to be on for much longer. Can you think of a more Benji thing than getting fired right before the end?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

lol I never heard of someone who actively hated 3rd Bass. Come on, the Gas Face? Herbalz in Your Mouth? Brooklyn Queens? For 1989 that stuff was gold

Serch also produced what might be one of the greatest beats I've ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRvpGGc9Jv8

(listen at 0:55)

This song sounds like something the kid in your avatar would listen to :-)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
lol

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Lifespan posted:

The point is that Howard only asks him to be in the office 12 hours a week (only 3 days a week). Not being late is really not much to ask. They might even give him the benefit of the doubt for the occasional small lateness if he were producing something other than on the fly jokes. It was pretty clear from Will's reaction in studio that a lot of the staff hold a grudge that he works such short hours and does nothing more than the minimum to keep his job. Howard clearly likes his writing, but other staff members feed him things while also providing a lot more material in other areas.

Howard isn't going to be on for much longer. Can you think of a more Benji thing than getting fired right before the end?

People showing up late to work drives me crazy, (disclosure: I'm habitually early and always have been) as far as I'm concerned if you're not early you're late. But I can tolerate people showing up at 7 if I tell them to be there for 7. Or 6:30 or 7:30 or whatever.

I once had a helper who showed up late constantly, and called in sick almost as often. I did a job one day at an EMS station, and was talking to a guy (helper was late as usual) who worked there, a Paramedic I assume, he said "if we're late three times we're fired". Thats not three times in a week month or year, its three times period.

The dad of a guy I work with now is a Paramedic, I mentioned that to guy I work with and he confirmed. "show up on time or lose your fuckin job".

gently caress Benjy.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

wesleywillis posted:

People showing up late to work drives me crazy, (disclosure: I'm habitually early and always have been) as far as I'm concerned if you're not early you're late. But I can tolerate people showing up at 7 if I tell them to be there for 7. Or 6:30 or 7:30 or whatever.

I once had a helper who showed up late constantly, and called in sick almost as often. I did a job one day at an EMS station, and was talking to a guy (helper was late as usual) who worked there, a Paramedic I assume, he said "if we're late three times we're fired". Thats not three times in a week month or year, its three times period.

The dad of a guy I work with now is a Paramedic, I mentioned that to guy I work with and he confirmed. "show up on time or lose your fuckin job".

gently caress Benjy.

I work in Chicago, which is hell to drive through for an AM commute and where your train can randomly cause you to be 20 minutes late. It's an office job, and in general people stroll in between 8:45am and 9:30am. Of course, there are no time critical tasks here that require you to work at 9am on the dot. And if public transit holds you up the response is not "well you should have left half an hour earlier!" it's "that sucks, see you when you get here". There have been days where my commute was delayed by an hour because I was stuck on the train because someone committed suicide by jumping in front of a train car. And you could still leave by 5pm if you got all your work done.

Of course, EMS or a live radio show is totally different. But I feel for anybody that gets yelled at for being two minutes late when you know it does not loving matter.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What is even Benjy's commute? If you're late all the time it means you have poor time management skills. Period.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

beep by grandpa posted:

What is even Benjy's commute? If you're late all the time it means you have poor time management skills. Period.

he lives in Manhattan lol

Astro7x posted:

I work in Chicago, which is hell to drive through for an AM commute and where your train can randomly cause you to be 20 minutes late. It's an office job, and in general people stroll in between 8:45am and 9:30am. Of course, there are no time critical tasks here that require you to work at 9am on the dot. And if public transit holds you up the response is not "well you should have left half an hour earlier!" it's "that sucks, see you when you get here". There have been days where my commute was delayed by an hour because I was stuck on the train because someone committed suicide by jumping in front of a train car. And you could still leave by 5pm if you got all your work done.

Of course, EMS or a live radio show is totally different. But I feel for anybody that gets yelled at for being two minutes late when you know it does not loving matter.

Yeah it's basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgACfyfjFBI

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I’ve lived in Manhattan and lived in the suburbs of Manhattan and worked some pretty strict jobs. If you live in Manhattan and work in Manhattan then you have no excuse to be late. Subway down? Grab an Uber. No Uber’s? Walk a few blocks then get a different line etc...
Most office won’t cut you slack for being late while working and living in the same borough.

However if you lived on Long Island then you got a pass for sure when trains were late etc..

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I work in a lovely part of philly and have been taking the train for 7 years from south jersey and I'm never late :/

I've been late getting home a few times cause some skitzed out Camden freedom fighters decided to paint the tracks with their brains over the years but nonetheless...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I listened to it. Benjy has no excuse and he wants to be fired

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Astro7x posted:

I live just outside Toronto, and most of my jobs are in Toronto, or on the other side of Toronto. So like its probably similar here.
Train/subway/bus late because of "reasons". But I've never commuted on a train/subway/bus or whatever.
Guy had a car, and was late because "huh I got drunk last night it was pretty sweet bruh".

We're expected to be at job sites at a certain time which varies day to day, job to job and client to client, and the way traffic works around here is: Leave 15 minutes later, get there half an hour later, leave half an hour later, get to site an hour and fifteen minutes later etc.

Ninja edit: gently caress benjy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

wesleywillis posted:

I live just outside Toronto, and most of my jobs are in Toronto, or on the other side of Toronto. So like its probably similar here.
Train/subway/bus late because of "reasons". But I've never commuted on a train/subway/bus or whatever.
Guy had a car, and was late because "huh I got drunk last night it was pretty sweet bruh".

We're expected to be at job sites at a certain time which varies day to day, job to job and client to client, and the way traffic works around here is: Leave 15 minutes later, get there half an hour later, leave half an hour later, get to site an hour and fifteen minutes later etc.

Ninja edit: gently caress benjy.

Driving in from the west island to Montreal was hell, and EXACTLY like this. Holy poo poo, the traffic in Montreal is insane.

EDIT: I just want to take this opportunity to say congratulations to Gary Baba Booey D'ellabate for now having his pitch removed from 'worst ever televised pitch in history'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIeRAUfWRqE

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 29, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s not 2 minutes late either. He should be at the staff meeting at 6:10 am but never shows for that. So he’s like 45 mins late everyday

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

He’s not 2 minutes late either. He should be at the staff meeting at 6:10 am but never shows for that. So he’s like 45 mins late everyday

It's funnier when you realize that the show starting an hour later (it used to start at 6 am) didn't make a difference at all in regards to him being late

The show starts an hour later....and he's still late

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

EDIT: I just want to take this opportunity to say congratulations to Gary Baba Booey D'ellabate for now having his pitch removed from 'worst ever televised pitch in history'.

1) Mariah Carey's was worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaYuxTj4yh4

2) I'm choosing to believe that woman hit the cameraman on purpose

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Driving in from the west island to Montreal was hell, and EXACTLY like this. Holy poo poo, the traffic in Montreal is insane.

To be fair, that photographer was close to crowding the plate IMO. I like how she was aggressive, and decided to throw the bean ball to back him off. I bet her next first pitch will have more respect.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Yup, gotta pitch inside to let 'em know who's boss.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Gary's pitch was so bad, Ben Stern called Howard to complain about it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Anything else, Robin?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Barbara Booey

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

If you like HowardTV this is a good time to check out reddit

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Bonzo posted:

If you like HowardTV this is a good time to check out reddit

I sent him a PM. He's trying to sell access to the 3 TB archive.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

sedative posted:

lol yeah the guy started uploading clips to a Google Drive, then realized people might be willing to pay money so he stopped uploading videos and instead is forcing everyone to pay like $50 for access to some website

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

euphronius posted:

The staff is there 5 days a week.

Benjy is on a contract like Robin, Fred, and Gary. He's not like the writers in the back.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Moniker posted:

Benjy is on a contract like Robin, Fred, and Gary. He's not like the writers in the back.

Oh so he still has an “on air” contract ? Lmao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

sedative posted:

What quality are these rips?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

What quality are these rips?

They're average in terms of video quality in general but for HTV stuff, it's probably the best it's gonna get. They're all screencapped videos of existing clips (hence the WDM suffix at the end of every filename). Most of them are 640x480, with a few exceptions being a whopping 480x360. A majority of them cap out at ~1000kbps. The video still looks pretty decent and the audio is fine. Static images don't do frame motion justice for low quality video clips but I just screenshot this from VLC expanded to full-screen to give you an idea.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Yeah, I have a bunch of these from the site that was created after SA stopped doing torrents.
I thought they were better quality than you mentioned below, but they are pretty much that.
Definitely watchable, but not great quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

God that's a handsome gentleman.