Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
harry kim: dickless virgin
chakotay: totally selfish "pump n' dump" style
janeway: domme
tuvok: stern school marm type

wait what are you guys doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I never would have guessed Kira was the youngest among the bridge crew. For some reason I always thought she was closer to Sisko’s age (which I also assumed was lower) and that Bashir was the baby.

Siddig is younger than Visitor, who knows why they made them swap ages basically. (Siddig was born in '65, Visistor in '57. They've both aged inhumanly well.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm still pretty sure Siddig only grew his beard to prove he was actually aging

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Brawnfire posted:

They should have made Tuvok a mentor to Kes. Imagine all the great character moments.

Now throw them the gently caress out and imagine the shallowest and most insipid character moments. This is Voyager, after all.

They actually did that, but it must not have made any impression on you whatsoever.

This is Voyager, after all.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Danaru posted:

i was totally immersed by his tremendous performance in "Distant Voices"

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
ok that is a lie

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

look, mom! salt and pepper!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

lol but posted:

ok that is a lie

imho Siddig's weakness isn't acting, as such, though he's got some weak performances smattered throughout, it's that he actually cared if the script was good or not and his performance is often highly dependent on if it was a good script. not like alaimo, who could and would chew his way out of yucca mountain

When Siddig gets a good script he does a great job, when he gets a crap one you can tell he just couldn't get into it. Distant Voices is a bad episode aside from the opener and closer which tbh are pretty great.

Pick fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 29, 2019

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The scene at the end of that early DS9 Episode with the escaped mind control alien (Ray O' Vantica or something???) when it takes over Bashir still stands out to me as one of the most poorly acted scenes ever put to film from a real studio.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
RAY

OH

VAN-TEE-KA

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Drink-Mix Man posted:

They actually did that, but it must not have made any impression on you whatsoever.

This is Voyager, after all.

Oh... Huh. I'll have to keep that in mind during my rewatchahahahaha

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Brawnfire posted:

Oh... Huh. I'll have to keep that in mind during my rewatchahahahaha

That’s loving hilarious Voyager is so forgettable that you completely blanked on a few seasons long plot thread. I only remembered that was a thing since I’m in the middle of a rewatch myself.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
While I'm sure none of you are interested, here's the Enterprise crew

Archer: 39
T'pol: 63
Phlox: at least 51 (born in the late 21st century)
Trip: 30
Hoshi: 22
Malcolm: 34
Travis: 25
Porthos: Unknown, but a very good dog.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Infinite Karma posted:

I dunno, Martok was always a pretty chill dude.

Martok's definitely one of the more amiable Klingons but you're high as hell if you think J.G. Hertzler wasn't gnawing on the scenery (which I love, always, because it is a space opera and it is in space and if you cannot chew the scenery in space then where the gently caress can you??).

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
random, unimportant question: would the Millennium Falcon be able to fit into the Enterprise-D's main shuttlebay?

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

That boiling Tuvok alive scene is in my head permanently along with the TNG slug man's head getting blown up.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They discreetly handwave that in the Earth two-parter a bit with discussing thre are ways Changelings could dodge a blood screening.

I'm sure they wrote him as the real Martok initially and then changed their minds next season.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One thing I really like with the Earth two-parter is the reveal there are Changelings on Earth, all of four, and they are just sitting on the sidelines with popcorn watching Starfleet Command devour itself out of paranoia without lifting a finger.

Besides bombing a diplomatic meeting between the Federation and Romulans?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

From M-A:

Janeway: ??/mid-late 30s
Chakotay: 42
Tuvok: 107
Torres: 22
Paris: ??/late 20s-early 30s
Kim: 22
Neelix: ??/40s
Kes: 2
EMH: 1 Day (Zimmerman would be 51)

Paris is the same age as Wesley.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 29, 2019

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Changeling Martok always keeps a fresh hand available to jam into his goo arm when a knifing may be called for.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

lol but posted:

harry kim: dickless virgin
chakotay: totally selfish "pump n' dump" style
janeway: domme
tuvok: stern school marm type

wait what are you guys doing?

No, no. Keep going.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

CaptainSkinny posted:

That boiling Tuvok alive scene

Which episode was that?

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Automatic Slim posted:

No, no. Keep going.

Head about 3/4 of the way down the page.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777056&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=642

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
There was an episode where Janeway was all :cumpolice: and Harry was hitting on some chick on another ship, and when he got busted (:grin:), Tom jammed the signal and played it off as random interference. Tom might be a garbage fire but at least he's a bro

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Was that the episode where she got mad at him because he got laid? Cause that was hilarious.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

sweet geek swag posted:

Was that the episode where she got mad at him because he got laid? Cause that was hilarious.

Didn't she bring up his mom too. Like "I had to promise your mom I'd keep you on the straight and narrow" sort of chiding.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Danaru posted:

There was an episode where Janeway was all :cumpolice: and Harry was hitting on some chick on another ship, and when he got busted (:grin:), Tom jammed the signal and played it off as random interference. Tom might be a garbage fire but at least he's a bro

Harry made the mistake of forgetting that the Captain must always come first

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

He could never maintain a containment field long enough for that to happen

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

sweet geek swag posted:

Didn't he manage to gently caress it up and bang a species that biologically marries you when you have sex? It figures that Harry would go way overboard with the first lady to engage his nacelles.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol my buddy is painting a model of the Enterprise-C and the instructions don't even consistently show the same markings:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

random, unimportant question: would the Millennium Falcon be able to fit into the Enterprise-D's main shuttlebay?

Googling the dimensions and eyeballing the diagrams, I think it'd fit easily. The Falcon is 26m wide and the main shuttlebay looks to be maybe 60m across.

Not that it'd really matter if it didn't. Both the Delta Flyer and Neelix's ship are too big to fit into Voyager's shuttlebay, and welp.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
STAR TREK PICARD

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One thing I really like with the Earth two-parter is the reveal there are Changelings on Earth, all of four, and they are just sitting on the sidelines with popcorn watching Starfleet Command devour itself out of paranoia without lifting a finger.

Do you believe those changelings on Earth were really doing nothing at all?

At the very least, they were reading all of Starfleet's mail.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And of course even Sisko's dad figures that a species that can seamlessly shapeshift into any humanoid form could have more than enough tricks to fool a simple screening... especially since, y'know, it was the guy who did the blood tests who turned out to be the Changeling infiltrator.
i am pretty sure odo even inadvertently demonstrates how to do it an episode or two before when he fakes drinking. the same way he appears to drink by adjusting the volume in the glass as long as it never leaves his hand, the container is part of the changeling so they can 'fill' it with blood, and as long as it never leaves contact with their hand, everything is fine

the real test therefore would have been passing the vacutainer to another person, because then the changeling would lose control of the matter and it would melt

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Sisko's dad explained it you morons they just keep some blood inside themselves.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Janeway gets laid by an Irish stereotype hologram, she doesn't get to criticize anyone else about their sex life

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

PenisMonkey posted:

STAR TREK PICARD

STAR TREK SISKO WHEN??? HIS WORK HAS ONLY BEGUN!!!

WHY NOT DONE, CBS???

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Garak had the best plan for dealing with changelings (death)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The best answer to a changeling is when Changeling Martok revealed himself and got immediately lit the gently caress up by a room full of Klingons with disruptors

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pick posted:

Garak had the best plan for dealing with changelings (death)
Enabran Tain Was Right

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Section 31 did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

Enabran Tain Was Right