Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

bomb posted:

Baby chat: I’m about to have twins, might take a break when they first come we will see how it goes 🤷‍♂️. My 40kg and 48kg kettlebells arrived yesterday so I’ll be able to get in some good work at home either way.

Congrats! It will be insane but a lot of fun. What worked for me is I started 531 so everything was completely planned out for me for the entire month. That way even if I was beyond exhausted I didnt have to think about what I was going to end up doing. And at the end of the day of you dont work out its not the end of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

B-Rock452 posted:

Congrats! It will be insane but a lot of fun. What worked for me is I started 531 so everything was completely planned out for me for the entire month. That way even if I was beyond exhausted I didnt have to think about what I was going to end up doing. And at the end of the day of you dont work out its not the end of the world.

I already have a dialed in daily plan I can do anywhere but I may just stop lifting for 2-3 weeks and heal up. Drop a few pounds and get my 5k time down. We'll see how it goes!

bomb fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 29, 2019

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
i know how to bulk but im bored with all the peanut butter and oats

throw yalls favorite indulgences at me so i can make this bulk less monotonous with better ideas

also, im on steroids so lets get fat as gently caress here boys

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Whole milk? Ice cream added into your shakes?

Donuts?

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Whole packages of oreos

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Spicy pork rinds and pimento cheese.

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

I used to be a fan of a Costco salmon half in one sitting and periodically a bag of cowboy bark from trader joes. That took me from underfed twink to dadbod in no time

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Add mayo to everything.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

throw yalls favorite indulgences at me so i can make this bulk less monotonous with better ideas

Burgers, steaks, sausages, hot dogs, Poutine, chips, chinese buffets, all you can eat sushi, etc.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Pizza and Burritos dude

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
WHy is eveyrone posting my favorite foods in this thread?

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBE9s8ZpU88

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Butter chicken burritos with basmati rice are my current go to. Make some mexican green salsa using olive oil to slather on every bite for additional easy calories.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Curry has lots of calories too.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

One of the regulars did getups next to me at lunch, first time I’ve seen anyone else doing them. Does that mean I have a gym fan?

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

maybe he's a goon that reads this thread

ask him if he has stairs in his house

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

canadianclassic posted:

maybe he's a goon that reads this thread

ask him if he has stairs in his house

It’s a Chinese/Taiwanese ballet lady so maybe

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Joined a proper powerlifting gym today and deadlifted three plates for the first time. The future is bright

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

UnfurledSails posted:

Joined a proper powerlifting gym today and deadlifted three plates for the first time. The future is bright

Powerlifting gyms are awesome. Welcome friend.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime
Finally pulled 140kg for 5 sets of 5 last night, double overhand without straps. Had been worrying for a few weeks that my small baby hands had reached their limit, as I could only do 3 reps previously before the bar would fall out of my hands.
Now aiming to add another 5kg on by mid June to make it double bodyweight.

On the down side, after a bout of gastro 3 weeks ago, I think my stomach now can no longer tolerate sucralose, which is annoying as I just spent £60 on 5kg whey isolate thinking it was the lactose causing me to poo poo lava every few days.

I had a sesame bagel with 6 scrambled eggs, cheese, pastrami and bbq sauce the other day and I think it may have been the nicest thing I've ever put in my mouth...

Whipstickagostop fucked around with this message at 08:59 on May 30, 2019

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

These guys are breathing hard SITTING IN CHAIRS AND TALKING.

No thanks.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

These guys are breathing hard SITTING IN CHAIRS AND TALKING.

No thanks.

Being a dedicated strength athlete is the worst life

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Best shape of my *hrk* life

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I'd like to get big, but I'd also like to live beyond the age of 55.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Fhqwhgads posted:

Best shape of my *hrk* life

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Powerlifting gyms are the best, but strongman gyms are also good. My main gym has a bunch of strongman implements built by the guy who runs the strongman gym near my parents' place. The world of obesity is very small

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Throw dark chocolate in that pb+oats and maybe some flax/chia seeds as well.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
the krispy kreme honey bun gains are real as gently caress, might be the most anabolic substance in my body

also, close grip pullups are thicking up the lower part of my bicep and i wish i had known to do this sooner

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

david carmichael posted:

Powerlifting gyms are the best, but strongman gyms are also good. My main gym has a bunch of strongman implements built by the guy who runs the strongman gym near my parents' place. The world of obesity is very small

my dude

so many implements

henry rollins doppleganger makes some good poo poo

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

the krispy kreme honey bun gains are real as gently caress, might be the most anabolic substance in my body

also, close grip pullups are thicking up the lower part of my bicep and i wish i had known to do this sooner

Dude they are so much better than any other brand... omg

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I think LeBron has ruined a generation of kids' squats.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

I think LeBron has ruined a generation of kids' squats.

Wait what now? What did he do now?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

MarcusSA posted:

Wait what now? What did he do now?

Have you seen him squat? It's not pretty. Obviously works for him so not knocking him but every kid who plays basketball here squats just like it and it's sad.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

Have you seen him squat? It's not pretty. Obviously works for him so not knocking him but every kid who plays basketball here squats just like it and it's sad.

Omg wtf

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvgkdHOG50E

It’s like a good morning / quarter squat?

What the gently caress is that?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Holy poo poo is THAT why I see dudes at the gym squatting like that? I think I've mentioned it here before and it makes my hips cry watching a sumo squat.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
How is it hard for some people to bulk? :psyduck:

If I look at food the wrong way I gain like 3 kilos

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

He's not actually wrong if that's not all of his squats. There's a lot of research around quarter squats and increasing vertical jumping. If he's also doing other work, it's really not a big deal.

If it's programmed correctly, it is a correct use case for quarter squats.

https://content.sciendo.com/view/journals/humo/17/1/article-p43.xml

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Theres a video where someone asks dave tate to criticize lebrons squat. And his response was basically whatever lebron is doing obviously works just fine for him

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Like I said, I wasn't bashing LeBron. I'm talking about the teens I see who come in, throw on 2 plates and barely move it, and that's all I see them do week after week. As someone who appreciates pretty squats it's always disappointing to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Collapsing Farts posted:

How is it hard for some people to bulk? :psyduck:

If I look at food the wrong way I gain like 3 kilos

I think it depends on schedule too. Like I can hardly maintain when on night shift but I can bulk with the best 109kg+ when on days.

Oh and LeBron's quarter squats fine it's just not an actual squat.