Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Qadaffi Taffy posted:

Is this loss?

Wow. I didn't get it before now I do. I kinda liked it better when it was just a poem that meant nothing, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Qadaffi Taffy posted:

Is this loss?

It's always loss, even the things that aren't, they still are.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/6pcn1ap.mp4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5_hN06D6w4
https://twitter.com/SRFlubber/status/1131325621639032834

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

How have I already retweeted this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Deep

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/ughhugs/status/1133417641924800512?s=21

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Choose your shober

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

this is my drug of choice

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://mobile.twitter.com/ICSandwichGuy/status/1124465482919227392

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~

Hooplah posted:

unironically want to be r/redhorsepilled

it's a sauce. can't be a marinade because there's no salt or acid. can't be a broth because it's not heated. obviously not a beverage, i mean duh

It was cooked, and is simply served cold by choice. Broth.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
How could someone mail me the ol' spicy keychain?!

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Home made meme for your viewing pleasure:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's some kind of nerd poo poo, I think VIM is a graphics card or something

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Phlegmish posted:

It's some kind of nerd poo poo, I think VIM is a graphics card or something

It’s more feature rich than the VI series of cards, but most people are quite happy sticking with the VI cards as they’re a hair faster or so they claim.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Can it run the Bahamut Lagoon fan translation

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
VI And VIM are text/code editors, they are controversial and extremely user-unfriendly, however they are very powerful and flexible.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/418396/what-is-the-difference-between-vi-and-vim

Figuring out how to exit VIM without looking it up is harder than trying to shut down your computer on the release version of Windows 8

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heath posted:

Can it run the Bahamut Lagoon fan translation Doom

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Warbird posted:

It’s more feature rich than the VI series of cards, but most people are quite happy sticking with the VI cards as they’re a hair faster or so they claim.

All of you motherfuckers are stuck with your vi cards

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

controversial and extremely user-unfriendly, however they are very powerful and flexible

Niche developers for specialized markets consider user-friendliness a sin. Checks out for grog videogames.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

speaking as someone who recently escaped a lifetime of retail hell, this meme is attacking my very being

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
what makes a text editor more powerful than another text editor? i just use word when writing papers for school

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Basticle posted:

speaking as someone who recently escaped a lifetime of retail hell, this meme is attacking my very being

its loss too

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

hhhat posted:

its loss too

:aaaaa:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Big Dick Cheney posted:

what makes a text editor more powerful than another text editor? i just use word when writing papers for school
Hella keyboard shortcuts, regex expression matching, syntax highlighting for known programming languages/filetypes. Note that it's a text editor, not a word processor, so it's not for writing documents with formatting, it's for programming or editing plaintext system files.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

hhhat posted:

its loss too

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Hirethor posted:

Home made meme for your viewing pleasure:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

You do not have enough thrust unless the heat shield is used in both directions.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Knormal posted:

Hella keyboard shortcuts, regex expression matching, syntax highlighting for known programming languages/filetypes. Note that it's a text editor, not a word processor, so it's not for writing documents with formatting, it's for programming or editing plaintext system files.

So it's just notepad

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Who What Now posted:

So it's just notepad +

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Basticle posted:

It's also inaccurate. The manager hand should flip off the drowning hand and say "try swimming harder."

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's also inaccurate. The manager hand should flip off the drowning hand and say "try swimming harder."

I think the term used is drown less.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also, Pizza party is on Wednesday, and the management breaks out the free beers.

Everyone is given a "surprise" breathalyzer test on Thursday morning.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Der Kyhe posted:

Also, Pizza party is on Wednesday, and the management breaks out the free beers.

Everyone is given a "surprise" breathalyzer test on Thursday morning.
Coming from the journalism world, it's impossible to imagine a company event without hard liquor, or anyone caring if you're still drunk the next day.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Coming from the journalism world, it's impossible to imagine a company event without hard liquor, or anyone caring if you're still drunk the next day.

I come from the academia and actually turning up the following morning after the night of "research group innovating workshop" is alien to me.

But I poo poo you not, I have heard stories that this is one of the ways how some companies get the required "major violation" to sack the person without possibility to contest the on-the-spot termination.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

VI And VIM are text/code editors, they are controversial and extremely user-unfriendly, however they are very powerful and flexible.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/418396/what-is-the-difference-between-vi-and-vim

Figuring out how to exit VIM without looking it up is harder than trying to shut down your computer on the release version of Windows 8

More like impossible. First time i ended up in vi i had to open a new terminal and kill -9 it.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I think we should move away from the drake reaction format

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006