Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Serious post: It sucks Scholar lost so much of its damage kit. Art of War doesn't look or feel very scholar-y, and I'd rather they have DoT AoEs rather than Scholar Holy. I get that they're trying to make the healer damage kits more equal, but the way they've gone about it is dumb. They've basically given every healer the exact same kit, and while that makes some sense for WHM and AST, SCH did have a very different kit, and I would have rather seen them keep that. I can see where WHM's stronger spells and AST's weaker spells but card buffs makes sense for both their kits. SCH doesn't look like SCH any more.

And regarding Scholars heals: I sincerely hope hey nerfed them enough that SCH no longer has a permanent spot in raid groups. SCH should be good, but they've had a near-permanent spot in raids since ARR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gorelab posted:

The WHM changes mostly look good to me. The AST ones look like they make sense, but that the new cards could use something to give them a little bit more zing.

I always thought that the class mechanic should have something to do with switching stances. Have like a Waxing and Waning phase.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ibblebibble posted:

The ACB/Anchor tooltips are slightly misleading. They still go on GCD when other weaponskills are used, so Heat Blast x6 is best practice for Overcharge.

Maybe I'll check out new SMN, that might scratch my itch. Will still give new MCH a try because keyboard slamming is fun in its own right, but it's not what I enjoy about current MCH.

Mashing Cooldown Heat Blast during Wildfire is exactly what I hoped would happen, personally, because Heat Blast has a really awesome animation. I honestly can't believe how much the new MCH seems to cater to my preferences.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I honestly have no idea how old the twins are, except that it's more or less (??? + I Don't Know.)

They are probably somewhere in between seventeen and twenty-one.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cabbit posted:

Mashing Cooldown Heat Blast during Wildfire is exactly what I hoped would happen, personally, because Heat Blast has a really awesome animation. I honestly can't believe how much the new MCH seems to cater to my preferences.

Slamming a button really quickly does scratch a primal itch doesn't it?

rip legion launch enhancement shaman

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Yoshi P may have ruined *insert class here* but at least he's a really good person :unsmith:

quote:

To touch on the second part of your question about gender restrictions, first and foremost, I think there should be freedom in your values when it comes to the different genders. We don’t want to restrict attire and clothing that you wear based on characters’ gender or sex.
Let me give an example: I was heading to the office on a Saturday and I saw a situation that made me very sad. I was trying to go into the office and I was waiting at a red light. I saw a high schooler coming from the other side of the road in their school uniform. It seemed that they were biologically male at birth but they were wearing a sailor fuku, which is traditionally female attire. In Japanese high schools, there’s more and more schools that are accommodating for freedom of not being restricted to a specific gender for your uniform...That person probably wanted to present the gender they identified with in their heart...On the other side of the road was a mother and a daughter. The daughter was perhaps 5 years old. As soon as the mother saw the high schooler, she shielded her daughter as if she didn’t want her daughter to see. The high schooler must have been very hurt. Situations like these still happen and there’s areas where there’s not as much understanding.
That being said, we want to address this, and I think it will be gradual...For instance, for the Ceremony of Eternal Bonding, we’ve already started to make adjustments. Once we officially release this, you won’t have gender restrictions. If you both wanted to wear a dress, that’s perfectly fine. If you want to both wear the tuxedo, that would also be fine...That’s not available in game yet, but we have done the preparations for it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like that child minfilia, despite not having an actual job, is still infinitely more useful than older minfilia. Expecting her to be a caster and instead just decides to stab poo poo

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rand Brittain posted:

Okay, that's enough fantasizing about things you basically had to imagine all the hard data about.

Instead, we're going to talk about which of our NPC friends should kiss which of our other friends! We will continue to talk about this until the balance talk comes to an end.

Okay, so, I know most people favor the "official" ship which is Alphinaud/Estinien, but I think that Alphinaud/Thancred is heavily underrated. Just consider! Thancred is the only member of the cast whose essential dignity is low enough to allow Alphinaud to dunk on him, which sets up a huge number of possibilities. For this reason, they should make out, especially after Alphinaud returns from the First with his art upgrade and is eleven feet tall.

Oh, and they should let the thirsty Scion have her threesome. It's 2019; this would ultimately be the bravest possible course.

:yikes:

To this: ALL of this

Alternatively, source your quotes

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

god

:pcgaming:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rand Brittain posted:

I honestly have no idea how old the twins are, except that it's more or less (??? + I Don't Know.)

They are probably somewhere in between seventeen and twenty-one.

Encyclopedia Eorzea says they're sixteen

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

never enough haste

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Ibblebibble posted:

As long as it's not for the entire loving fight, yeah.

gently caress you forever, legion shadow priest

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Scholar will not have the healing output to keep people alive if they're serious about increasing damage in EX/Savage content.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I can read numbers, and either they're lying about healing checks being harder (in which case why gut healer damage and buff options?) or SCH is going to have huge trouble keeping up.

Has anyone from SE actually said they intend to increase damage/healing checks? I've only seen people speculating that they would.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cabbit posted:

As long as it's not for the entire loving fight, yeah.

gently caress you forever, legion shadow priest

Well good news, new MCH only has to slam the same button for 1/3rd of the fight!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Encyclopedia Eorzea says they're sixteen

Okay, so (16 + However Long It's Been, Which Is At Least Two But Last Time I Checked Was Officially A Number Much Smaller Than Could Possibly Make Sense).

So they're at least eighteen but probably not twenty-one, so Thancred is probably too old for them since he's at least an old man of 28 and possibly older. Most of the other Scions are the usual improbably-young anime people, though. Is anybody else over 30 except Urianger?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The warrior of light is 45 years old

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Alph is always on the bottom of being made fun of. There is no exception to this rule.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
my lalafell is 2000 years old, furthermore

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Ibblebibble posted:

Well good news, new MCH only has to slam the same button for 1/3rd of the fight!

Honestly? Fantastic.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rand Brittain posted:

Okay, so (16 + However Long It's Been, Which Is At Least Two But Last Time I Checked Was Officially A Number Much Smaller Than Could Possibly Make Sense).

So they're at least eighteen but probably not twenty-one, so Thancred is probably too old for them since he's at least an old man of 28 and possibly older. Most of the other Scions are the usual improbably-young anime people, though. Is anybody else over 30 except Urianger?

Papalymo was like 40 I guess. Also F'lhaminn if she counts?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm pretty disappointed in the SCH leaks being accurate, but enough's been said on that already.

As for BLM, am I the only one a little disappointed with how much button bloat they're allowing to occur? Not only have they not gotten rid of the incredibly obvious cuts like the Enochian/Blizz 4 situation, or Blizz 2 and Scathe, they're adding even more spells that we'll need to press in a hurry like Despair and Xenoglossy. I guess that itself isn't a huge concern, but with their functions being so similar to the AOE equivalents (and Freeze essentially replacing Blizz 4 in AOE) I almost wonder if the class would be better off with an "AOE stance" button that just converts all the relevant spells to their AOE equivalents. Is there any reason to cast Foul on a single target anymore, for example?

Also I think Flare might be replacing Fire 3 as the "switch to Astral Fire" spell, if it's free to cast in Umbral Ice?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

i mean how fast is mch building heat since overheat is only 8s, and presumably half of that heat is also being dumped into wildfire?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Zore posted:

Papalymo was like 40 I guess. Also F'lhaminn if she counts?

F'lhaminn is the opposite trope, the mother who has got to be in her late forties at the very youngest but who doesn't seem to know what "aging" is or how it would apply to her.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Clarste posted:

I'm pretty disappointed in the SCH leaks being accurate, but enough's been said on that already.

As for BLM, am I the only one a little disappointed with how much button bloat they're allowing to occur? Not only have they not gotten rid of the incredibly obvious cuts like the Enochian/Blizz 4 situation, or Blizz 2 and Scathe, they're adding even more spells that we'll need to press in a hurry like Despair and Xenoglossy. I guess that itself isn't a huge concern, but with their functions being so similar to the AOE equivalents (and Freeze essentially replacing Blizz 4 in AOE) I almost wonder if the class would be better off with an "AOE stance" button that just converts all the relevant spells to their AOE equivalents. Is there any reason to cast Foul on a single target anymore, for example?

Also I think Flare might be replacing Fire 3 as the "switch to Astral Fire" spell, if it's free to cast in Umbral Ice?

Fire 3 is faster than Flare so I doubt it. The less time you spend in UI the better.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

amaranthine posted:

if everything's a coffer, it's nice but also potentially really boring

especially if you're in a static that has defined loot lists for generic drops (e.g. who gets the first oil/sand/tomestone/weapon coffer/etc), this means those groups are likely going to end up running such that certain classes (likely healers, at least it was in my old static) always get their items last. which might kinda suck

I agree. loot in this game is already kind boring, they don't need to make it any worse.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Cabbit posted:

Fire 3 is faster than Flare so I doubt it. The less time you spend in UI the better.

I thought you got some super cast speed boost, but I guess the difference in potency is so small against a single target that even with the boost Fire 3 would be better.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

i mean how fast is mch building heat since overheat is only 8s, and presumably half of that heat is also being dumped into wildfire?

Balance says that we build up 150 heat (100 from rotation and 50 from Barrel Stabiliser) and 100 battery over the course of 1 minute uninterrupted, so we get 3 overheats a minute yay

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Clarste posted:

Yeah, I'm done yelling about SCH too, since the goon consensus on it is obviously not the same as mine. There's not much more to be said besides that the changes are incredibly crippling both mechanically and in playstyle, but I guess it's WHM's turn and maybe they'll unfuck some things to just make it more boring instead of broken.

BLM button bloat honestly doesn't seem terrible to me, though I'm not a BLM main. At least on controller, most of it splits fairly well down the middle into fire phase stuff/ice phase stuff, with oGCDs and stuff on the XHB and shoved off to the left trigger. It might seem more of a pain on keyboard, I'm not sure.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

PLD changes sound fine, people on reddit were worried we didn't have enough mitigation now but healers can adjust.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Captain Cappy posted:

PLD changes sound fine, people on reddit were worried we didn't have enough mitigation now but healers can adjust.

New PLD does look pretty rad and it's my tank of choice.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Yes, he is. But I totally disagree with him on this: "In terms of values and our players, it’s a time when there’s a lot of changes in perspectives, but we can’t ignore the people who refuse to make changes in their values."

Yes, we can and we should.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

pretty sure red mage ends up with a net negative number of buttons

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Balance says that we build up 150 heat (100 from rotation and 50 from Barrel Stabiliser) and 100 battery over the course of 1 minute uninterrupted, so we get 3 overheats a minute yay

wouldn’t 50 of it get dumped into wildfire? aren’t we not building heat during overheat, or does this take that into account?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Cabbit posted:

The difference between the two is around .20 for 20 more potency so let the math nerds figure it out, but as soon as a 2nd target is present, Flare will 100% be the correct choice to switch with in Shadowbringers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Clarste posted:

I'm not too worried to be honest. I never really felt like BLM had too much button bloat. I'm surprised Blizzard 2 is going unchanged but it basically means I can drop it from my bar without concern.

Wouldn't Despair be replacing Fire 3, not Flare in that case? (At least for single target.)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'll die before I use Scathe

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

wouldn’t 50 of it get dumped into wildfire? aren’t we not building heat during overheat, or does this take that into account?

Basically as far as I can tell our base rotation is now about the 3 overheat phases we have every minute, with us just overlapping WF and Queen on top of one of them. Heat Blast is what we want to be spamming during overheat and that generates no heat or battery, so all heat/battery gen will be outside overheat. So yeah, the 150 heat takes into account the fact that we're not building any during OH.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not too worried to be honest. I never really felt like BLM had too much button bloat. I'm surprised Blizzard 2 is going unchanged but it basically means I can drop it from my bar without concern.

Wouldn't Despair be replacing Fire 3, not Flare in that case? (At least for single target.)

Despair can only be used in Astral Fire mode for whatever reason.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I'll die before I use Scathe

I've been using Scathe during high movement segments where I don't have Triplecast/Swiftcast because I figure doing some damage is better than no damage. Is that incorrect?

Clarste posted:

Despair can only be used in Astral Fire mode for whatever reason.

Oh. Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Vitamean posted:

pretty sure red mage ends up with a net negative number of buttons

Unless I'm forgetting something, only if you count role actions:

Loses:
Tether
Scatter/Impact (combined into one)
VerFlare (replaces Verthunder when ready)
VerHoly (replaces VerAero when ready)

Gains:
Engagement
Reprise
VerAero (aoe)
VerThunder (aoe)