Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Gotta agree with Metapod. Tulsa's terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Gotta agree with Metapod. Tulsa's terrible

Better than OKC.

They don't get any shows like they do at Cain's or Brady.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Better than OKC.

Wtf are you talking about the civic center is currently running cats and will do Hamilton later in the summer with some other good stuff in between

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

FuzzySkinner posted:

Better than OKC.

It's probably got a fancier pocket of culture because of that old oil money cluster. I just mean in general

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Metapod posted:

Wtf are you talking about the civic center is currently running cats and will do Hamilton later in the summer with some other good stuff in between

There's no doubt that's nice.

But I saw Phoenix, Arkells, Coldwar Kids, Flora Cash all play at Cain's man. Which is a great venue IMO.

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's probably got a fancier pocket of culture because of that old oil money cluster. I just mean in general

Well it's why of U of Tulsa is a "thing" in FBS/D-I.
School is small as hell and private. But they compete at a major level.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Basticle posted:

from the video description

:psyduck:

What the gently caress.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1132117887735476224

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

hell yeah go gulls

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Longtime Auburn football/basketball announcer Rod Bramblett and his wife were killed in a car accident last night :smith:

AL.com posted:

According to Auburn police and the Lee County Coroner, Bill Harris, the 52-year-old Bramblett and his 53-year-old wife were in a 2017 Toyota Highlander that was struck in the rear by a Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by a 16-year-old.

The teen was transported to East Alabama Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries, police said.

Rod Bramblett, the driver of the Highlander was airlifted to UAB Hospital in Birmingham, where he later died from a closed head injury. Paula Bramblett was also airlifted from the scene but had to be diverted to East Alabama Medical Center due to the severity of her injuries. She was pronounced dead in the emergency room from multiple internal injuries.

Probably one of his best-known calls, the famed 'kick six' from the 2013 Iron Bowl

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1068526584133492736

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BOMMPodcast/status/1133412726632525824?s=20

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1133366399869566977

Game 1 of the cup finals did pretty well. Local markets were about what you'd expect although

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1133367175761354753

hi there Indianapolis

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
I feel like Buffalo is always up there in the top markets regardless of matchup, those people fuckin’ love hockey

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ace Jameson posted:

I feel like Buffalo is always up there in the top markets regardless of matchup, those people fuckin’ love hockey

It's almost always the #3 spot after the two home markets, yeah

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Ace Jameson posted:

canada's dingle berry

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm always stunned and amazed that Buffalo can't get with the program and watch Hockey Night in Canada like fellow border city Detroit does.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Do you think Stephen A is always like that?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do you think Stephen A is always like that?

I haven't heard much bad about him off-camera. I would imagine he's the type that cools down from on-air SAS once he's off the set.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ESPN is putting the sunday night baseball crew in the judge section for bosox/yanks because reasons

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

because awesome

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
WatchESPN is going to be discontinued on June 30th.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what are the implications of that, I thought they already kinda replaced it with espn+

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It means you need the ESPN app instead.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm surprised it took so long since it was mostly abandoned like two years ago.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

I haven't heard much bad about him off-camera. I would imagine he's the type that cools down from on-air SAS once he's off the set.

I think for his own sake that would be ideal, he'd drop dead from a heart attack yelling and poo poo all the time

Then again Alex Jones' dumb rear end is still alive, so what do I know

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Everyone else at ESPN seems mostly just amused by Steven A so I'm assuming he's probably not a huge rear end in a top hat or anything. There isn't the same barely concealed disdain you always got with, like, Bayless.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1133366399869566977

Game 1 of the cup finals did pretty well. Local markets were about what you'd expect although

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1133367175761354753

hi there Indianapolis

Wasn't WTHR showing the "500" banquet that night?

Could be very mistaken but I recall reading people in the area bitching out various Indy media types over it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
SAS also like never takes time off ESPN could call him for a take at 3am and he'd go into his home office and start streaming live to ESPN.

That dude is on so many shows

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dexo posted:

SAS also like never takes time off ESPN could call him for a take at 3am and he'd go into his home office and start streaming live to ESPN.

That dude is on so many shows

Didn’t he call in from vacation to go off about the Knicks and the NBA Draft Lottery a few weeks back? Dude is going to have a heart attack from working 300 days a year, whether on TV or out and about at events or games/matches/etc.

It sounds like Stephen A is just 100% that guy all the time, for better or for worse.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

He secured the bag and still hustles like he's broke.

Respect for that man.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dexo posted:

He secured the bag and still hustles like he's broke.

Respect for that man.

This, and while yeah, he dispenses of hot takes, the dude doesn't seem like an rear end in a top hat otherwise, and is 100% fine with the ribbing he gets elsewhere, particularly from LeBetard and his merry band of idiots.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what are the implications of that, I thought they already kinda replaced it with espn+

It's nothing more than having to use the ESPN app to watch stuff instead of the WatchESPN app.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's nothing more than having to use the ESPN app to watch stuff instead of the WatchESPN app.

I think this effectively kills off some of the older platforms WatchESPN supported. Like, no more PS3 or whatever.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My old rear end iPad won't install the new ESPN app, so I guess I lose out.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Today in Baseball Commentators Are The loving Worst

Cincinnati Enquirer posted:

Derek Dietrich has done a lot of damage against the Pittsburgh Pirates this season, hitting seven home runs in nine games against them. He drilled three homers to right field during the Reds’ 11-6 victory on Tuesday at Great American Ball Park.

The celebrations after the home runs, including standing in the batter’s box for a few seconds to watch homers, upset Pirates broadcaster John Wehner. Appearing on Pittsburgh’s 93.7 The Fan Morning Show before Tuesday’s game, Wehner ripped Dietrich for admiring his home run during Game 2 of Monday’s doubleheader and taking a slow trot around the bases.

“I can’t stand him,” Wehner said on the radio show. “I just don’t see why – I don’t understand why you have to do that. It’s different if you’re a Hall of Fame player, you’re a 60-homer guy, you’re an established guy. Nobody ever heard of him before this year.

“I heard of him because of his grandfather (Steve Demeter) who used to be a minor league coach for the Pirates. He was the nicest, sweetest guy in the world. He’s rolling in his grave every time this guy hits a home run. He’s embarrassed of his grandson.”

:stare:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

On one hand? I find SAS obnoxious and really I dislike "Hot take" culture.

On the other hand? I really appreciate him hustling and owning up to be a cartoon character. It's weird. I guess good for him.

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1134311018702622720

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

On one hand? I find SAS obnoxious and really I dislike "Hot take" culture.

On the other hand? I really appreciate him hustling and owning up to be a cartoon character. It's weird. I guess good for him.

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1134311018702622720

He really loves that baby filter

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kirk Minihane is joining the shitheads at barstool

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

Kirk Minihane is joining the shitheads at barstool

water finds its level

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/paulsen_smw/status/1134466081601609729

https://twitter.com/paulsen_smw/status/1134470845647208449

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He mentions this but one of the home markets not counting at all seems like a pretty significant thing. It was obviously going to be down this year without LeBron but it's not as bad as that number looks