Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Too bad its ps4 only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

rumor is ps5 as well

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dude McAwesome posted:

woah

he really went full Kojima in that trailer

ive been avoiding Death Stranding to this point but it looks pretty insane (in a good way)

also 13 year old me would be stoked that Norman Reedus is the leading man in a video game

Mads is in there too.

I haven't been avoiding Death Stranding, but I have just as little of a clue what the gently caress it is as when I first heard about it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

thats whats rad about it

also its rad he put del toro in it, especially after P.T.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i legit went what in the gently caress even is this when i finished watching it

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

oh hell yeah and Mads as well

ive no doubt I’m going to be very confused but also very entertained

while we’re on the Kojima train, was there ever any way to get the sniper lady to come back as your buddy after the game?

i lost interest in it because none of the other buddies could wreck poo poo like she did

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I remember there being a way with something involving a butterfly or something. gently caress if I can remember, but I do recall getting her back.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Yeah, you can get Quiet back if you replay her battle ten (?) times.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

To begin the lengthy process of recruiting Quiet again, you'll need to complete her introductory mission, "Cloaked In Silence" a total of SEVEN times (this doesn't include the number of times you defeated her prior to the 1.06 update).

Defeating Quiet with lethal weapons is okay
Do NOT shoot her after the battle when prompted by Miller
Rank-Restricting items are okay to use (Stealth Camo, Infinity Bandana)

On the seventh playthrough, the game temporarily retitles her mission as, "[Reunion] Cloaked In Silence" and this is the prime opportunity to regain your Buddy. When the mission is complete, she will be found once again at Mother Base.

also DD with fulton gear is top tier buddy

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

ah drat, that’s probably why i didn’t get her back

I played it when GiP was going loving bonkers about it and that might have been prior to the patch that put her back in

thanks for the info dudes! maybe I’ll get back into it next time it’s on PS4 sale

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah that patch came way after release

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

some of us never stopped being bonkers for it

i need to finish up my legit ps4 save, finish all the goddamn event fob bathing suit development, finish fob 4, develop everything that is behind that requirements, etc

also i neglected hunting completely. hunting suuuuucks

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I might just get a PS4 pro for Death Stranding.

Please, Kojima-senpai, coat my entire body with your black time goo :gizz:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Maybe I didn't get Quiet back after all then? I could have sworn I did it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

New KSP DLC is rad, that is all. I'd write more but I'm too busy playing.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I think this is already the consensus but PS4 loving dominated the Xbone this console cycle. The exclusives just poo poo on Xbone to a hilarious degree.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I'm glad I bought a PS4 solely because of Horizon Zero Dawn. There were other good games but that game made the entire purchase valid for me.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

colachute posted:

I think this is already the consensus but PS4 loving dominated the Xbone this console cycle. The exclusives just poo poo on Xbone to a hilarious degree.

Considering Xbox just announced Xbox game pass for PC, I don't think anyone on this planet thinks PS4 didn't outperform every other console this generation. The Switch came much later and is not a direct competitor with either the Xbox or PS4.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
it's because it has the wrong kind of ram, op

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Started a new career and snapped this of my first orbit attempt:

With the HUD off it reminded me of way the hell back when before there was even a map. I think this was the ideal ascent for a Mun injection- shallow rise up to orbit then burn like hell.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I bought The Long Dark on xbone sale and have been glued to that poo poo for days. Still loving around in voyageur on survival mode and started the archivist challenge today. Load times suck rear end but it's more up my alley than other poo poo right now.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1134143798592847873

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

And once again the onion just cant keep up

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

jumping on the PS4 bandwagon.

I gave my Xbox One to my nephews and bought a PS4 Pro about a year ago. The amount and quality of games out on it is great.

I actually bought it just for God Of War.

And the constant sales are ridiculous.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I have a PS4 Pro and a One X. The PS4 is worth it just for the exclusives, but I use the Xbox for any multiplatform games.

I don't like Playstation controllers.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

I have a PS4 Pro and a One X. The PS4 is worth it just for the exclusives, but I use the Xbox for any multiplatform games.

I do not understand this. Are your hands deformed in some way?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I do not understand this. Are your hands deformed in some way?

No, they're just big, strong American hands that Donald Trump would be very jealous of.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
If there are any cheapskates in here besides myself, KSP is on sale for 9.99.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

I prefer the Bonetroller too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The new COD “reboot” seems interesting

I think some of this is speculation but:

- Crossplay...?
- New engine
- F2P multiplayer
- No season pass, all maps free
- No specializations or pick 10, just choosing perks

I haven’t looked into the campaign but I guess they’re trying some new stuff there? All the MW characters are back but in an alternate universe or different timeline?

Probably won’t have advanced movement. No one wants to play against PC users on console and I’m sure there will be a toggle to turn that off; hell it’s 2019 at least it being an option is becoming a thing.

It will also probably have expensive cosmetics and some pay2win scheme but gently caress anything is better than a season pass that splits the player base. Even the last COD (black ops4) still had loving map packs...that no one bought

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I bought The Long Dark on xbone sale and have been glued to that poo poo for days. Still loving around in voyageur on survival mode and started the archivist challenge today. Load times suck rear end but it's more up my alley than other poo poo right now.

That's a game I occasionally fall back into. Really satisfying when things are going your way, then surprising just how quickly all those resources go away, devastating when you make one tiny error of judgment that really costs you.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Fallom posted:

I prefer the Bonetroller too.

Yeah the Bone controller is probably the best and most comfortable controller out of all of them (for me)

There’s just something off about the triggers and placement of sticks on the PS4

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Dude McAwesome posted:

Yeah the Bone controller is probably the best and most comfortable controller out of all of them (for me)

There’s just something off about the triggers and placement of sticks on the PS4

I love the PS4 controller. It reminds me of an SNES controller so that's probably something

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i love the ds4, its my favorite ps controller.

i use it for fighting games now, thats how much i like it

the battery life sucks compared to the 50 hours you get from a switch pro controller though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

man the DS3 was awful

DS4 has pitiful battery life, and why the gently caress can you not turn off the LED. Bone is probably best though yeah. If you have the $ there’s licensed PS4 controllers that are shaped like the bone controller. Also USB dongles you can buy that essentially let you use any controller on the PS4

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mlmp08 posted:

That's a game I occasionally fall back into. Really satisfying when things are going your way, then surprising just how quickly all those resources go away, devastating when you make one tiny error of judgment that really costs you.

Oh yeah, which is kinda why I like it. Hanging on by a thread, no compass, balls out in the winter breeze. My voyageur survival is at 51 days right now. The archivist challenge hauled back and hosed me up hard after wandering into forlorn muskeg well prepared, just marching straight into a blizzard and a seriously annoying wolf.

It's looking like a good time sink.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

man the DS3 was awful

DS4 has pitiful battery life, and why the gently caress can you not turn off the LED. Bone is probably best though yeah. If you have the $ there’s licensed PS4 controllers that are shaped like the bone controller. Also USB dongles you can buy that essentially let you use any controller on the PS4

The LED is definitely my biggest complaint.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I've got an Xbox Elite controller and that thing is the loving best. Once you get used to it, you never have to take your thumbs off the sticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

A Bad Poster posted:

I've got an Xbox Elite controller and that thing is the loving best. Once you get used to it, you never have to take your thumbs off the sticks.

drat that looks awesome, but costly