Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

nankeen posted:

don't forget they've tamed the mighty beluga

It defected tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
practical wisdom is to never trust a turncoat beluga

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

practical wisdom is to never trust a turncoat beluga

Turncoat beluga in the deep blue sea
Swim so wild and you swim so free

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
man, gently caress mitch mcconnell, that little weaselly piece of poo poo. and gently caress the border patrol charging people giving life or death aid to migrants with felonies

i hope somewhere someone is keeping notes of who collaborates with the current administration

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/maruchan1312/status/1132465922982240257

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:nws: for boobs and colonialism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pat2c33sbog

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Я тебя люблю!

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Hey guys, Morning Joe has begun the hypernormalization train and is pushing UFO garbage.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/34iWr1I.mp4

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That bird is so American.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cockatoos are loving assholes.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Volkerball, I watched the Ausländer video and it is only slightly less garbage than the underlying song.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
starting to wonder if all of vb's historical knowledge comes from rammstein videos

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The Muppets On PCP posted:

starting to wonder if all of vb's historical knowledge comes from rammstein videos

VB quietly hides his YouTube browsing history from view.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why is that monster harassing the cat.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Volkerball, I watched the Ausländer video and it is only slightly less garbage than the underlying song.

Yeah the video is pretty funny but the song isn't the best.

Lightning Knight posted:

VB quietly hides his YouTube browsing history from view.

Nuh uh, I learn history from yeowch my balls posts and anime av historians in cspam, honest!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

hambeet posted:

Cockatoos are loving assholes.

They really are. Still not as bad as Canadian Geese though.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i just saw a federal contract for processing canadian geese for human consumption

no indication who would end up getting the meat though...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Volkerball posted:

Nuh uh, I learn history from yeowch my balls posts and anime av historians in cspam, honest!

Big words from the piss man avatar neoconservative over here.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
all geese are beautiful

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i met some geese today

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Happy Feast of Ascension everybody.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZegagEBw6U

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm also grumpy that I keep waking up at normal work hours during holidays. :(

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That's not an unhealthy practice though, is it. Can get so much work done on your free time!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Havnt recent voting trends in Europe in general shown a migration away from all the centrist parties and a rise in support of both left and far right ones?

Also having a good laugh at Finland laying claim to the waterways and islands that have recently appeared in the arctic thanks to climate change.

There is no such thing as centrism. The vote shifted from very much on the right to literal Nazis.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
game of thrones is going on the same list as django unchained, where i will never ever discuss with anybody how much i loved it at the time for primarily non-racist reasons (my mother and i just watched four seasons in approximately four days), i will just denounce it and refuse to explain myself

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i was convincing myself that it was okay to enjoy it until toward the end of the fourth season where daenarys was borne aloft on a crowd of brown people all chanting "mother mother mother" and the camera zoomed out until she was a pure shining white pearl in a sea of sepia and even i had to avert my eyes in shame

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Django is a really good movie

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
but don't you dare try to tell me it's not solid entertainment (that's rarer than it sounds)

e:

Pirate Radar posted:

Django is a really good movie
i know! that's the problem!

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
django was a loving good movie taken from the perspective of pure craft (that includes enjoyment) but as far as social commentary goes, honestly i put it on par with game of thrones

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/qTRMkkC.mp4

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Aww, avs. It's okay. :glomp:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

nankeen posted:

i was convincing myself that it was okay to enjoy it until toward the end of the fourth season where daenarys was borne aloft on a crowd of brown people all chanting "mother mother mother" and the camera zoomed out until she was a pure shining white pearl in a sea of sepia and even i had to avert my eyes in shame

to be fair this does have a payoff

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Goons Are Great posted:

Aww, avs. It's okay. :glomp:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

agreed chernobyl is by far the best thing HBO has done in the last decade

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Yip yip yip yip...uh huh, uh huh...yip yip yip yip yip

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
crinoids are neat like that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

nankeen posted:

I'm not defending that per se but from what I've heard of the show (and read in the books) Dany has a savior complex and that might have been an incredibly hamfisted attempt to show that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm not defending that per se but from what I've heard of the show (and read in the books) Dany has a savior complex and that might have been an incredibly hamfisted attempt to show that

Then again, given the (S8 spoilers since Avs likely hasn't seen) fridging of Missandei after putting her the gently caress back in chains are you loving kidding me? and the showrunners' eagerness to create Man in the High Castle: Confederate Victory Edition, they're prolly just racist fuckheads.