Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I haven't enjoyed a phone game as much as I have enjoyed Buriedbornes in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Chin Strap posted:

Archero question: am I wrong or is it really dumb to take the Smart perk because of the low max level cap? Once you hit Max lvl you basically have now lost extra power

I rarely take it as it doesn't seem to really make you level faster anyways. My favorites are ricochet, multi-shot and the two forward arrow one. There are some new ones that are good when you get into world 3 & 4 but I won't spoil those.

explosivo posted:

From a page back but I checked this out and am having a lot of fun with it, I always like a game that I can play in portrait mode more or less one-handed. The first time I tried it I got halfway through the tutorial and thought "Eh this is fine" but didn't go further than that, once I gave it a fair shake and started getting upgrades I really start to get into it. There's a ton of zones to unlock from what I can tell so I'm kind of curious to see how many upgrades there are that I haven't seen yet.

I'm on world 4 right now and it changes things up again. I am liking this game more and more the farther I go. It is very well done.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Montalvo posted:

I haven't enjoyed a phone game as much as I have enjoyed Buriedbornes in a long time.

Yeah, it has offered me consistent entertainment for over a year now. I take a break here and there, but I don't get tired of it.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Trastion posted:

I rarely take it as it doesn't seem to really make you level faster anyways. My favorites are ricochet, multi-shot and the two forward arrow one. There are some new ones that are good when you get into world 3 & 4 but I won't spoil those.

I'm on world 4 right now and it changes things up again. I am liking this game more and more the farther I go. It is very well done.

Bouncy wall with side and diagonals is also super fun. Ricochet is super strong except for single target boss fights.

The loving tornado guy boss in area 2 keeps ruining my day. I keep panicking and I lose track of where those tornadoes are going to casually slide (spoiler, it's my face).

Also very pleased with enemy variety. Every monster is unique enough to present a different challenge and when you put three different guys in a room it gets fuckin' real. Dodging the lightning circles while running away from jumping snakes only to get caught by an alligator breathing fire through walls...

It's such a disconnect that the graphics and presentation scream mobile game garbage and the actual game is.... Fun?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
What kind of progression mechanics does Archero have between runs? Do you just lose everything and start from scratch?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Man, I'm really liking Archero. Too bad it has a terrible stamina system instead of just letting me give them $3 to play the game as much as I want

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Morpheus posted:

What kind of progression mechanics does Archero have between runs? Do you just lose everything and start from scratch?

There's an equippable gear mechanic with upgrades you can do that gives you permanent stat bonuses as well as permanent upgrades you pay with coins. So you are starting from scratch but have over-arcing stat upgrades that are persistent.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

explosivo posted:

There's an equippable gear mechanic with upgrades you can do that gives you permanent stat bonuses as well as permanent upgrades you pay with coins. So you are starting from scratch but have over-arcing stat upgrades that are persistent.

That's my jam, guess I'll check this game out.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Morpheus posted:

You keep any loot you find, and you use the gold for upgrades and gear ranks.

I just found a (throwing) scythe in a free lootbox so I guess that's a thing.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Bouncy wall with side and diagonals is also super fun. Ricochet is super strong except for single target boss fights.

The loving tornado guy boss in area 2 keeps ruining my day. I keep panicking and I lose track of where those tornadoes are going to casually slide (spoiler, it's my face).

Also very pleased with enemy variety. Every monster is unique enough to present a different challenge and when you put three different guys in a room it gets fuckin' real. Dodging the lightning circles while running away from jumping snakes only to get caught by an alligator breathing fire through walls...

It's such a disconnect that the graphics and presentation scream mobile game garbage and the actual game is.... Fun?

For the tornado guy start in the middle and wait for him to launch his first set, then move along the bottom edge to right against the blocks in the corner. Either edge is usually fine. If he repositions and hits you then run to the other one.

Morpheus posted:

After the first world I think you start to get permanent upgrades and gear. The choices that you make as far as skills during the game when you level up reset every time.

Go RV! posted:

Man, I'm really liking Archero. Too bad it has a terrible stamina system instead of just letting me give them $3 to play the game as much as I want

That would be nice but i haven't found that I cannot play when I want. Rarely do I even have to watch a video.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Morpheus posted:

That's my jam, guess I'll check this game out.

Yeah it's got a surprisingly good roguelike feel for a f2p cellphone game. The upgrades you get while playing are pretty fun too and with the right combination of them you can do some cool stuff.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Go RV! posted:

Yeah none of the other freemium stuff bugs me at all but the stamina system sucks and I would pay 5-10 bucks just for unlimited stamina.

At least let the max stamina increase with player level.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I am also enjoying archero, getting wrecked on the dungeon world though

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Lone Goat posted:

I am also enjoying archero, getting wrecked on the dungeon world though

That one took me a while and you only need to get to level 20 with about a 3rd of them being Angel levels. I am currently on world 4 and it has 50 levels and I can only get to 25 or so. I have pretty leveled up green gear and 2 green pets too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Getting an offering of Multishot, Ricochet, and Piercing Shot at the start of a run is rude.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kyrosiris posted:

Getting an offering of Multishot, Ricochet, and Piercing Shot at the start of a run is rude.

Ricochet is normally my go-to out of those choices but it does kind of gently caress you over in a bossfight as none of that poo poo actually helps you and you didn't get any +damage or elemental shots along the way.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

explosivo posted:

Ricochet is normally my go-to out of those choices but it does kind of gently caress you over in a bossfight as none of that poo poo actually helps you and you didn't get any +damage or elemental shots along the way.

I went with Ricochet and ended up with all three of them by the end, as well as slow arrow, wall-bounce arrow, +1 to front/diagonal/side arrows, and like three attack speed increases.

There were so many arrows, it was stupid. :iia:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Montalvo posted:

I just started a run where within three encounters, I had Dracula's cape and some item called "Umbilical Cord" that turned me into a tentacled auto-attacking horror.

Oh yes. This game will be played.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Warriors of Waterdeep just came out if anyone was interested in that

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Godzilla tapper game was pretty painful to get to level 5, however after you gain the ability to time travel the game really opens up. I don't even look at ads anymore. Artifacts and cards really out pace the ads.

The artifacts you get are really powerful. They seem to be two effects. The first effect is always a global damage buff of (level*25)% damage. The second is unique to the artifact. I got 4 artifact and so far I got +critical damage, +tank damage, +Tokyo damage, and +new York damage.

After you time travel you gain card dust from each boss you have defeated previously. This makes it able for you upgrade cards. The big cards I have focused on are the orbital cannon and rainbow mothra that you gain from the story. Right now my mothra makes my turrets gain 200% dps for 12 seconds and then the orbital cannon deals 20x dps. Since turret make up all of the damage for Tokyo I can one shot all the boss until floor 110ish.

The game is actually a lot of fun but man did they make the first day or two suck.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
This little archer game is pretty rad, thanks for the recommendation.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Svensken posted:

You keep any loot you find, and you use the gold for upgrades and gear ranks.

I just found a (throwing) scythe in a free lootbox so I guess that's a thing.

the weapons all say they give you the same +damage stat but pay attention to the descriptions. the scythe does actually have higher damage and knockback than arrows, and the chakram thing does less damage but has an innate pierce plus it returns to you, so you can hit an enemy once on the way out and then again on the way back

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Flailing away at Buriedbornes and, in true roguelike fashion, finding out the hard way how things work.

I had a Dragoon chugging away very nicely; he cleared the Ancient King, kept going after the warnings about what Karma is from you all, and waxed the Prophet without difficulty. A few levels further down, another Legendary item popped up and I thought, "Well, this setup is working, so I _shouldn't_ gently caress with it... but he'll have 16k HP and 9999 Shields if I swap out my one legendary for this legendary and see how it plays out."

So I did.

And everything went great until I ran into a monster that could Petrify and found out why you never get rid of a Blood Armor item no matter what its other stats are.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Shwqa posted:

The Godzilla tapper game was pretty painful to get to level 5, however after you gain the ability to time travel the game really opens up. I don't even look at ads anymore. Artifacts and cards really out pace the ads.

The artifacts you get are really powerful. They seem to be two effects. The first effect is always a global damage buff of (level*25)% damage. The second is unique to the artifact. I got 4 artifact and so far I got +critical damage, +tank damage, +Tokyo damage, and +new York damage.

After you time travel you gain card dust from each boss you have defeated previously. This makes it able for you upgrade cards. The big cards I have focused on are the orbital cannon and rainbow mothra that you gain from the story. Right now my mothra makes my turrets gain 200% dps for 12 seconds and then the orbital cannon deals 20x dps. Since turret make up all of the damage for Tokyo I can one shot all the boss until floor 110ish.

The game is actually a lot of fun but man did they make the first day or two suck.

You'd think that a company that's been in the gaming industry for that long would know that the good stuff's supposed to be front-loaded, in order to maximise customer retention.

On the other hand, this is Nexon we're talking about here :downs:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Godzilla gets worse again as you approach Arizona, that's the point I gave up and uninstalled.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dodoman posted:

Godzilla gets worse again as you approach Arizona, that's the point I gave up and uninstalled.

Much like real life

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm still tapping away. I am struggling to get the dps and money to pass stage 60 Sydney. This wouldn't be a problem if my previous wall hadn't been Arizona 80 godzilla.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh, I've followed many of his videos back in the day when I was first getting into SV, I guess I did get used to it, but man, going back... ugh.

Ok, so after a couple of weeks of checking out a LOT more of DangerouslyFunny's SDV videos, yeah... he's more than won me over. The guy is hilarious, and I don't even care about his voice anymore.

I love all of his experiments, especially when they turn out to be totally dumb and worthless. :allears:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, so after a couple of weeks of checking out a LOT more of DangerouslyFunny's SDV videos, yeah... he's more than won me over. The guy is hilarious, and I don't even care about his voice anymore.

I love all of his experiments, especially when they turn out to be totally dumb and worthless. :allears:

Yeah he is genuinely funny, glad you came around!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

New Leaf posted:

Yeah he is genuinely funny, glad you came around!

His consistent takedowns of Pam and Linus are wonderful :allears:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RBA Starblade posted:

Warriors of Waterdeep just came out if anyone was interested in that

Anyone playing this? I checked it out and it seems neat I guess coming from a guy who burned out on SWGOH a while ago. I have guys around level 4 right now and can see the gold cost of upgrading stuff getting exponentially getting higher so I feel like things are about to slow way the gently caress down but kinda enjoying myself so far.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oh lol that Godzilla tapper game was "balanced" to make the game harder while introducing new premium packages you could buy. That didn't take long to go to poo poo.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

explosivo posted:

Anyone playing this? I checked it out and it seems neat I guess coming from a guy who burned out on SWGOH a while ago. I have guys around level 4 right now and can see the gold cost of upgrading stuff getting exponentially getting higher so I feel like things are about to slow way the gently caress down but kinda enjoying myself so far.

Seems lacking depth. Is there any content beyond just the progression stages? I didn't hang around long enough to find out.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vulpes posted:

Seems lacking depth. Is there any content beyond just the progression stages? I didn't hang around long enough to find out.

Yeah it's hard to tell, I'm still early on. It doesn't seem like it though judging by some comments I've seen from people playing it more than me.

Edit: VVV lol okay that sounds dumb. I figured the progression would slow way the gently caress down once the early "digging in hooks" stage was over and yeah that sounds like the case for sure. Probably going to stop playing this now in that case.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 30, 2019

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

explosivo posted:

I played yesterday, but yeah gently caress that. Someone on discord said they've only upgraded one character from 12 to 13 since February. The arena is poo poo too. You can't bring the heros you want to. It just randomizes a team based on all heros you control. Have 4 characters at level 5 but 1 at level 1? Enjoy the likely hood that crippled character gets selected.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

explosivo posted:

The company making it is known for bugs and constantly changing the meta to force people to spend money.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm still tapping away. I am struggling to get the dps and money to pass stage 60 Sydney. This wouldn't be a problem if my previous wall hadn't been Arizona 80 godzilla.

Did the newest update make it harder? I know unlocking London is cheaper now and you can see artifacts but I don't know what else they changed.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
Buriedbornes: i don't fully understand labs yet. If i stick one on my character, is it permanent or can i remove it when something better comes along?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
So apparently Sinoalice from Nier director Yoko Taro is coming to west?

Has anyone played it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shwqa posted:

Did the newest update make it harder? I know unlocking London is cheaper now and you can see artifacts but I don't know what else they changed.

Yeah it did. They adjusted the balance for Sydney and above. The mobs have more health and everything costs more to upgrade.