Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ah, a previous tweet greg rt'd called it a series, i assumed series meant ongoing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/sapphicgeek/status/1131671899086434330

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I assume those are DC characters?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's alternate world gay Green Lantern from the 2012 'Earth 2' series.

edit: The blonde guy. The other guy is his civilian husband who gets killed off, then brought back as a ghost or something.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 23, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i thought Alan Scott was the first Green Lantern and in the 2012 series it was just established that the nu52 version of him is gay

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The JSA is only now being reintroduced on the main Earth in Doomsday Clock as forgotten old folks. This guy was always an alternate world Alan.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'll never understand the DC Multiverse

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

:discourse:

never change, big two

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
They're obviously not the same panel, but it's kind of remarkable how similiarly Marvel's First* Gay Kiss between Wiccan and Hulking is composed similarly to the Alan Scott Gay Kiss

(Wiccan and Hulkling, Childrens' Crusade #9, March 2012)

(Alan Scott and Boyfriend Whose Name No One Mentions In Any Stories About This Kiss, Earth-2 #2, June 2012)

I assume they were looking to put the first one into the collage, not the second.

I don't know who threw this together but given that they happened so close together chronologically and probably appeared side by side in a lot of blogs I can understand how whatever intern they had Photoshop this got them mixed up.

* Not anywhere near the first but still something everyone points to as big

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Edge & Christian posted:

They're obviously not the same panel, but it's kind of remarkable how similiarly Marvel's First* Gay Kiss between Wiccan and Hulking is composed similarly to the Alan Scott Gay Kiss

(Wiccan and Hulkling, Childrens' Crusade #9, March 2012)

(Alan Scott and Boyfriend Whose Name No One Mentions In Any Stories About This Kiss, Earth-2 #2, June 2012)

I assume they were looking to put the first one into the collage, not the second.

I don't know who threw this together but given that they happened so close together chronologically and probably appeared side by side in a lot of blogs I can understand how whatever intern they had Photoshop this got them mixed up.

* Not anywhere near the first but still something everyone points to as big

Tall blonde guy kissing shorter brunette guy. Like Apollo and Midnighter, too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man that sucks that USG is ending, but at least its on Norths terms, not like a lot of other books. Doubt Marvel will let the character lay fallow long though.

I wonder if Ryan North has any more dirt on Chris Hastings he wants to put out before it ends?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I might have to start reading Doomsday Clock if Dr. Manhattan is loving up the multiverses this badly.

Or, hey, only half-joking, an excuse for another Amalgam Comics batch or a JLA/Avengers-level mini? (Not the fan-voted 1:1 fight comics whose names I can't remember.)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
disney just decided to silently start annexing dc from warner bros

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

site posted:

disney just decided to silently start annexing dc from warner bros
I'd be all for adverse possession of comics IP if and only if the squatter did stuff far more interesting or thought provoking or entertaining than the rights holder.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lmao leah williams venom short in this weeks marvel comics presents literally ends with eddie and venom loving

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

lmao leah williams venom short in this weeks marvel comics presents literally ends with eddie and venom loving

delivering on her promises as always

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Finally, marvel had there own joker/Quinn relationship

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

Who's top and who's bottom?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Eddie's the bottom

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

site posted:

Also features a Claremont story where Excalibur-era Nightcrawler meets Destiny in 1989 and it's strongly implied that he's her biological son with Mystique. But, sadly, it has that modern Claremont aimlessness and kind of loses the thread of the story in Kitty Pryde phasing Sabretooth through the Berlin Wall.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How many more issues of Wasp are there?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Two, i think

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

Two, i think

Poor Nadia, you are too good for this world.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jesus loving Christ, Immortal Hulk.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah, I didn't think anything could beat last issues giant multi-headed Hulk, but Face hand Rick Jones Abomination is just enough to edge that out.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

when i got to betty i thought thats what this post was about and i was like, yeah thats hosed up, but then i got the the end and i was like, oh thats what this post was about

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm super down for the space adventures of Kamala and her parents.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay well, im glad x-23 did not in fact end with gabbys plane getting shot down on the way back to her home planet

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

I'm super down for the space adventures of Kamala and her parents.
Same.

I think it's pretty clear it's gonna turn out that Carol is the one that saved the planet back in her Ms. Marvel days, but I'm confident Kamala's going to rise to the occassion.

site posted:

okay well, im glad x-23 did not in fact end with gabbys plane getting shot down on the way back to her home planet
I mean, we did see the end of Honey Badger, though...

Also, X-Turkeys! :kimchi:

Still, I guess it's nice to know that this might have just been collateral damage form Hickman getting the whole X-Line cancelled. Hopefully the same is true for Mr. & Mrs. X nd they might come back later.

Also I'm actually impressed that Spencer actually seems to have stuck the landing with Hunted. Also he seemed to have (subtly) acknowledged Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Yvonmukluk posted:

Same.

I think it's pretty clear it's gonna turn out that Carol is the one that saved the planet back in her Ms. Marvel days, but I'm confident Kamala's going to rise to the occassion.

you know, if it wasnt for that image of the destined one flying away id want to guess it was some time traveling older kamala, because the uniform is distinctly hers

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The latest issue of Fantastic Four was really bad and I really dislike how Slott writes Franklin. I wanted to give Slott the benefit of the doubt with this book but everyone was right, it's just not good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Starsnostars posted:

The latest issue of Fantastic Four was really bad and I really dislike how Slott writes Franklin. I wanted to give Slott the benefit of the doubt with this book but Rhyno was right, it's just not good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sorry I just ran the numbers and a Valeria / Moon-Girl team up and also both of them dunking on Reed makes the issue a real good one.

Sure it had a lot of Thing and Yancy Street but we put up with it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yes, ff continues to be bad, and the valeria/lunella butting heads moments couldve been decent if valeria actually did anything other the be a jerk

also i still think its hilarious how slott is trying to retcon franklin into losing his powers after hes shown to be basically an immortal god chilling with galactus 30000 years in the future in hickmans work. i expect slotts characterization to be immediately thrown out after he leaves the book.

e: yesterday's issue of black panther finally explains what the gently caress is going on. and with jen bartel art!

site fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 30, 2019

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
The Wiccan focused story in War Scrolls #2 ruled so hard. Crystal M'Kraan the drag queen from the House of Jumbo Carnation, Teddy's morning cartoons ritual, Loki feels... it had everything, including an X-Men Drag Queen showdown panel. :3:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh that reminds me i meant to post this yesterday

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

yes, ff continues to be bad, and the valeria/lunella butting heads moments couldve been decent if valeria actually did anything other the be a jerk

also i still think its hilarious how slott is trying to retcon franklin into losing his powers after hes shown to be basically an immortal god chilling with galactus 30000 years in the future in hickmans work. i expect slotts characterization to be immediately thrown out after he leaves the book.

tbf, somebody was eventually going to have to invent a reason for Franklin to not solve everything, the same way all godlike characters have to get nerfed to make sure "why doesn't Franklin fix everything?" doesn't come up in every conflict . Slott just had the unenviable job of being the writer that had to do it.

site posted:

e: yesterday's issue of black panther finally explains what the gently caress is going on. and with jen bartel art!

Wow, didn't know anybody was still sticking it out long enough to see the end! :v:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
So what happened with BP because gently caress if I'm gonna read it before the next Arc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

tbf, somebody was eventually going to have to invent a reason for Franklin to not solve everything, the same way all godlike characters have to get nerfed to make sure "why doesn't Franklin fix everything?" doesn't come up in every conflict . Slott just had the unenviable job of being the writer that had to do it.

Wow, didn't know anybody was still sticking it out long enough to see the end! :v:

i hate myself what can i say

and hickman seemed to have managed it alright. i dont remember franklin being the deus ex machina to every problem, but then against its been a couple years since ive read his ff run

Soonmot posted:

So what happened with BP because gently caress if I'm gonna read it before the next Arc

the long and short of it is this all happened because tchalla wanted to find where the vibranium asteroid that hit wakanda originally came from (to keep it out of the hands of other earth powers), he sent out the team on the rocket seen in hickman's avengers to find its origin point, the team never came back or sent a signal back, tchalla starts feeling guilty and is cracking from the pressure of being king so he uses this as an excuse to bail with manifold. except when the get to their destination they hit a planets gravity well and crash land and ends up in the hands of evil emperor guy, end issue

site fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sorry I just ran the numbers and a Valeria / Moon-Girl team up and also both of them dunking on Reed makes the issue a real good one.

Sure it had a lot of Thing and Yancy Street but we put up with it.

Any FF story where 'having a lot of Thing & Yancy Street' is construed as a bad thing is a bad FF story.