Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MMF Freeway posted:

Kintsugi: the node

e: i'm dumb and can't read
it says less damage taken, not less damage

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Is there a way to trigger a hit on yourself with self-damage from some unique?

Otherwise that seems really really terrible for ranged characters. 20% less damage except when you get hit, so if you're killing packs before they shoot at you it's a straight downside.
Not too hot for bosses either since they generally kill you in 1-3 big hits not a bunch of smaller ones.

It's less damage taken - its so you don't get one shotted when you don't evade a big hit.

Same reason why ppl use https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kintsugi and LC (on HC at least)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Itd probably work with melee characters too if they use blind and dodge on top of evasion

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
It's really good for Trickster because of how it works with Ghost Shrouds, since you get the additional evasion applied before the Ghost Shroud triggers and regens your ES. Or, well, at least Kintsugi is and this looks like the same concept. The less damage taken also doesn't get removed if you don't get hit, and a lot of the dangerous stuff (Death beams) is degen instead so it's just 20% less damage taken from those.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
How viable is Divine Ire as a leaguestarter and endgame bosskiller? I'm bad at poe so I need to compensate with strong builds.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Assuming it doesn't get nerfed too much, extremely good at both

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Imho divine ire is harder than other newbie builds because you have to stand still to cast which can get you recked.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

euphronius posted:

Imho divine ire is harder than other newbie builds because you have to stand still to cast which can get you recked.

Nah I did it league starter for synthesis and it was totally fine (trickster). The nice thing is that you kill things while channeling, then fire your huge fuckoff laser. The only annoying thing is you rarely need to actually channel log enough to get the buff from infused channeling.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

With a decent amount of cast speed you don't have to stand still for very long, as long as you channel at least 10 stacks. You don't need to reach 20 stacks every time - firing with 20 stacks is the same damage as firing with 10 stacks twice.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Whatever anyone may say about its potency or effectiveness, Divine Ire is incredibly loving satisfying to use.

I'd recommend it just based on that alone, really.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh yeah, it's also a phys->lightning spell which makes it extremely good for the trickster's Harness the Void node.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I think I'm either settled on avatar of fire tec slam chieftain.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm tempted by Consecrated Path (ascendancy TBD since there's a bunch of reworks we've not seen yet)

Does it die in delves like flicker strike?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm tempted by Consecrated Path (ascendancy TBD since there's a bunch of reworks we've not seen yet)

Does it die in delves like flicker strike?

Consecrated path is great for delves, but last league it could soft lock fortification betrayal encounters by putting you on the wrong side of the door. No idea if that was or will be fixed.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Arrhythmia posted:

I think I'm either settled on avatar of fire tec slam chieftain.

Not sure you need to avatar of fire, given that tec slam is 60% fire conversion and chieftain gives you 50% too. Unless you have other plans, of course.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Still not settled on a build. Guess I gotta wait for the patch notes to know what is truly viable.

I would like to do some high clearspeed build, and so both Consecrated Path and Charged Dash sound appealing, but I worry their damage will fall off late game against bosses. Cyclone CWC or NF Cyclone Chieftain also seem appealing but I worry about the same fundamental scaling issue and they seem like they'll just be slower regardless. The Boyz seems like it would be really fun to play as well, with crazy single target, at the cost of even more clearspeed and area damage.

I'm pretty new at PoE so if anyone has any guiding thoughts I'd love the hear them.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ruggan posted:

Still not settled on a build. Guess I gotta wait for the patch notes to know what is truly viable.

I would like to do some high clearspeed build, and so both Consecrated Path and Charged Dash sound appealing, but I worry their damage will fall off late game against bosses. Cyclone CWC or NF Cyclone Chieftain also seem appealing but I worry about the same fundamental scaling issue and they seem like they'll just be slower regardless. The Boyz seems like it would be really fun to play as well, with crazy single target, at the cost of even more clearspeed and area damage.

I'm pretty new at PoE so if anyone has any guiding thoughts I'd love the hear them.

The Boyz will have way, way better clearspeed and area than it ever did before.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
If your build doesn’t involve at least one minion go back and redo it imo.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

I never not include at least one golem in every single build.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
If you mean double strike do it as a gladiator. Blood explosions make the clear very fast

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

If you mean double strike do it as a gladiator. Blood explosions make the clear very fast

plus presumably Blood Stance or whatever it was should make that work even better

e: once we see what the ascendancy changes actually are of course

panda clue
May 23, 2014

qnqnx posted:

I never not include at least one golem in every single build.

This is too much micromanagement for me, and can gently caress you on chaining maps.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

So I probably won't have the time to finish out all the trophies on PS4 by June 10th. I'm missing the ones for completing the atlas, killing the shaper, and the other hard "boss" guys.

So far I have played flame totem and a zombie minion build.

Any recommendations for a PS4 build that can clear everything for the next league? The Summoner one can probably do it, but I am getting bored with it to be honest. Most of the builds that have guides for them can clear pretty much everything right?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ruggan posted:

Based on my experience with Charged Dash you will definitely need some single-target help. The usual go-to I've seen suggested is Lightning Spire traps though Storm Brand was my choice last time around and it worked pretty well.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Malaria posted:

So I probably won't have the time to finish out all the trophies on PS4 by June 10th. I'm missing the ones for completing the atlas, killing the shaper, and the other hard "boss" guys.

So far I have played flame totem and a zombie minion build.

Any recommendations for a PS4 build that can clear everything for the next league? The Summoner one can probably do it, but I am getting bored with it to be honest. Most of the builds that have guides for them can clear pretty much everything right?

occultist cold dot

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ruggan posted:

Since basically everything is new to you, I would go off meta and avoid melee. It'll be cheaper to gear. Just look for a popular starter build from 3.5 or 3.6 and try it out.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

that oro's flicker strike/molten strike scion build seems great for a melee league starter. here's the extensive forums guide if anyone's interested https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Are the explosions actually useful for anything but clearing corpses? The damage is hard to scale and a base damage of 10% of monster health is very little unless the area of effect is large enough for significant overlap. And unlike Herald of Ice it can't chain.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

The blades in blade vortex count as minions

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope they add more and improve 2handers

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Spears when, Chris

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

League starter chat: if you want a build that is super strong while being off meta I did an Incinerate Elementalist last league and it was insanely strong, got my first deathless uber elder kill and steamrolled all content.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Waffling back and forth between using scolds bridle for a trickster CWC-cyclone build that uses no mana, or spamming vortex for arcane surge

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Traxis posted:

League starter chat: if you want a build that is super strong while being off meta I did an Incinerate Elementalist last league and it was insanely strong, got my first deathless uber elder kill and steamrolled all content.

can you post a build?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Using scolds bridle is technically more damage and doesnt eat into MoM, but vortex is a guaranteed chill and looks cool.....

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Control Volume posted:

The blades in blade vortex count as minions

Obviously you should use Dancing Dervish.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Mercrom posted:

Are the explosions actually useful for anything but clearing corpses? The damage is hard to scale and a base damage of 10% of monster health is very little unless the area of effect is large enough for significant overlap. And unlike Herald of Ice it can't chain.

you kill one mob and the whole screen explodes. it even makes trash skills like SST feel amazing

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I wouldn't intentionally try to go 'off meta' or whatever by not picking melee if that's what you want to play. If you're melee, you can get a build that clears high tier maps smoothly one rare at a time, and by the time you're there, you can piece together an endgame set. You can also run lab a bunch since tanky melees are good at that, which makes piecing together endgame gear even easier.

Just play what you want to play, but if you want to make things easier on yourself have a back-up. I want to play flicker strike, but poo poo's hard, so I will start as cyclone.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

can you post a build?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/dg1EsSEV

This is with somewhat high end gear but the build still fares well on a budget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I will take my own path during the legion league. When I first got into the biyearly PoE ritual Delve I think, I played a sword and shield gladiator cyclone, blade flurry build. Completely blind to the major mechanics and lacking all expertise. I petered out around high white meps.

The next couple of leagues I followed the ~league starter~ builds, each successive one ever decreasing in detail but allowing me to experience how a good set of mechanics synergize with each other. Highest I've ever performed was low red meps.

This summer I want to revisit a sword and board blade flurry, cyclone build. It is the league of melee after all and CwC and CoC are viable now. I want to close this personal circle.

Always wanna say, PoE with y'all feels like a super fun running club. Every season the mountain opens up and you just gotta go up there and kill it.