Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

BFK is his peak but no way he fell off. Shadow of a Doubt and Piñata are great.

I can’t speak on shadow of a doubt but imo Piñata is 4 or 5 good tracks, best of which were years old at release, and a bunch of filler

recent Freddie g= bun b x pusha t x NyQuil z

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Ornithology posted:

Don't doubt he's done, was just curious if people here liked his music and if they think a trapper committing murder means we shouldn't listen to his music. He's far superior to Gunna IMO. People say it's morally wrong because they were his friends but really a lot of trap rappers have done or rapped about equal or worse things. Also in organized crime people murder their friends all the time.

Pretty sure there are people here upset enough at XXXTentacion to think that listening to his music is a kind of moral failure, so I doubt YNW Melly would be excluded from this kind of thought. But, unfortunately, there is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism.

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 30, 2019

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I mean, we’re glossing over that the man got a timeout and just like pretty much everyone else, that’s a wrap.

Gucci, Wayne, you guys are saying Gates, and however many others. They go away for awhile, music moves on without them, and then their priorities or whatever shift. For Wayne, it was his kid and skating. Gucci has sobriety and his wife. I assume similar for Gates and Gibbs. The hunger or fear maybe subsides a little bit depending on how they come out. If you’re sitting on millions, maybe you don’t need to lead a rockstar lifestyle and this or that.

I dunno, it just seems like a trend where a rapper goes to jail for a year or more and then the milk goes sour.

KVeezy3 posted:

Pretty sure there are people here upset enough at XXXTentacion to think that listening to his music is a kind of moral failure, so I doubt YNW Melly would be excluded from this kind of thought. But there is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism.

XXX also did explicitly horrific stuff. Killing your buddies and moving their bodies around is grim, but it’s not the same as like, stabbing someone’s vagina with a Fire poker.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
"Canceling" is bougie white people poo poo.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Shovelbearer posted:

Any way the new Lonely Island goes hard

Focussed AF is amazing

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Murder on my mind is a classic song until that last verse. Wish it was taken off.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

KVeezy3 posted:

"Canceling" is bougie white people poo poo.

Yeah that shits corny

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Melly honestly isn’t even that good. There’s so much better stuff to listen to. If you like him like I guess man.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
XXX's intro to the world included his charges. If he had cooked for a while and did that stuff later, people would gloss over it. Plenty of rappers hurt women and that poo poo gets glossed over.

I think it was Joe Budden that said rappers 1st album usually the best because they waited their whole life to say that stuff and now don't have anything else to talk about. Few rappers remain relevant past a year. 2 years is pretty good. 3+ years is drat near legendary. Jail is a good excuse for letting people fall off.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ornithology posted:

Don't doubt he's done, was just curious if people here liked his music and if they think a trapper committing murder means we shouldn't listen to his music. He's far superior to Gunna IMO. People say it's morally wrong because they were his friends but really a lot of trap rappers have done or rapped about equal or worse things. Also in organized crime people murder their friends all the time.

Are you drunk

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
And I'm digging the Freddie. e

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

wish I could hear someone other than the Lonely Island on some of these beats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZdOyQ1Q-E

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
the new Denzel Curry album is wall to wall bangers

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

HorseRenoir posted:

yeah it's great. never really hosed with a whole denzel project before. ta13oo was a lot like igor for me: objectively good but it just didn't click. zuu and me are definitely getting along tho

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

sleppy posted:

wish I could hear someone other than the Lonely Island on some of these beats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZdOyQ1Q-E

i thought yall were being ironic with the lonely island credit. that beat is crazy.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

Marching Powder posted:

i thought yall were being ironic with the lonely island credit. that beat is crazy.

No seriously it's like, obviously ridiculous parody rap but basically the pinnacle thereof.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

new kevin gates just dropped too.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

ZUU is FL as hell.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I can’t really interpret Goldlink’s social media but I think he has a new album coming, which is good news

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I can’t really interpret Goldlink’s social media but I think he has a new album coming, which is good news

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HorseRenoir posted:

Shiiiiiiiit, you weren't kidding. Pretty much every track I've heard so far has been off the chain.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah he’s also got something tomorrow at 12 pm

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I’m so glad ZUU is 29 min. I love love love short solid albums.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
new skepta album out today too

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Wy3gwb8_s

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
May = a good month

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

that's really good

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

yeah that goes hard as gently caress

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Bunch of things happened in the Chicago drill scene recently.

Lil Durk and King Von arrested for shootings/attempted murder, EBE Bandz kidnapped and missing.

Crazy.

succ fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 31, 2019

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Skeezy posted:

I’m so glad ZUU is 29 min. I love love love short solid albums.

12 bangers but he still kept it under 30 mins, even the interlude goes off

legend

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
Yeah this new Denzel slaps. Seems like Ta13oo just came out, god drat.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

succ posted:

EBE Bandz kidnapped and missing.

This isn't that surprising. He always seemed like this weird fish out of water that was being exploited by the people around him.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

How do I get my wedding photos touched up like that new Cardi B art

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
new goldlink is... fine i guess, but it's like the least interesting sound he could be moving into right now in 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ8lLwR0Xx0

hope it's not a portent of the rest of the album (out june 12)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ZUU is awesome. I never really got into TA13OO but this is great

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Dang nardwuar interviewed bones!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhsvSKGnUcw

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

That is not an interview I expected, has Bones put anything solid out since Garbage?

BTW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEal1YpQ9BI

PONEYBOY fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 31, 2019

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Is it true that tech n9ne committed suicide?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

that's tech 9 the batte rapper from philly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

amenbrotep posted:

That is not an interview I expected, has Bones put anything solid out since Garbage?

My roommate is big into bones so he plays that around the house a lot. It all mostly sounds the same to me but his recent work is alright I guess. Still, my buddy got us tickets to his show next week so that should be cool