Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Splicer posted:

What if I use a complex system of mirrors and pulleys so it looks like there's six of me

Insects can't donate because they have hemolymph instead of blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Arivia posted:

As a trans woman with a vulva but presumably XY chromosomes, is it straight or gay when I jill off? :thunk:

Both.

Congrats friend :)

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Splicer posted:

What if I use a complex system of mirrors and pulleys so it looks like there's six of me

Careful - look up the story of Thomas Midgely.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Both.

Congrats friend :)

Excellent, then as a pan person for once I can't be asked if I want to cheat with the other gender.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I don’t know, this sounds like a joke told by either someone at the store or the mother herself that the OP has taken bewilderingly seriously.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Before my doctor intervened and told me to stop being dumb. I would buy crates of Vanilla Coke at a time and the Walgreens would stock them just for me. I'd drink 40 oz a day, every day.
And somehow my teeth were fine.
I drink water mostly now.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Aleph Null posted:

Before my doctor intervened and told me to stop being dumb. I would buy crates of Vanilla Coke at a time and the Walgreens would stock them just for me. I'd drink 40 oz a day, every day.

40 ounces a day isn’t that much...

is it? :ohdear:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jurgan posted:

It's like a quarter pound of sugar.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skwirl posted:

It's like a quarter pound of sugar.

*checks numbers*

Holy poo poo.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jurgan posted:

It's over a liter a day so yes that is a lot of soda.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
How much corn is that?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jurgan posted:

That's like 1/4 of your daily caloric intake, in pure liquid sugar form.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So I can still drink another 120 ounces gotcha

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Jurgan posted:

Just drink diet soda so you don't have to worry about this. I used to go through 12ish diet cokes a day when I was in college. Every week I'd go to sam's club and get a couple of those giant 36 packs.

Now I drink a lot less because I don't have a sams club membership and it's too annoying carrying that much soda up 3 flights of stairs in 12 pack form.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Or you could drink water instead.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Aleph Null posted:

Not quite the same, but before my local grocer moved and upscaled a bit, I'd buy a pint of kefir evey week and every week I'd notice that the inventory went down by just 1 and the expiry date would always stay the same. Pretty sure they stocked kefir just for me.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I do that too. I get antsy if i'm not drinking something basically all of the time and sometimes you want a little more variety than just water and coffee.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

Lol

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Yeah and can you believe people pay money for pizza when they could just put some bread and cheese in the microwave at home, for like 20cents??

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Just drink diet soda so you don't have to worry about this. I used to go through 12ish diet cokes a day when I was in college. Every week I'd go to sam's club and get a couple of those giant 36 packs.

Now I drink a lot less because I don't have a sams club membership and it's too annoying carrying that much soda up 3 flights of stairs in 12 pack form.

I do drink diet soda (though I've cut back a lot because I don't like feeling my heart pound all day), but then I get people telling me that's just as bad because the taste of sugar tricks your brain into wanting food or something. Basically, no matter what you eat or drink someone will say it's slowly killing you.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Diet soda still destroys your teeth.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jurgan posted:

I do drink diet soda (though I've cut back a lot because I don't like feeling my heart pound all day), but then I get people telling me that's just as bad because the taste of sugar tricks your brain into wanting food or something. Basically, no matter what you eat or drink someone will say it's slowly killing you.

That's one of those studies that people assume is true and remember forever but never follow up on it, just like the alzheimers connection. I'm not saying it's good for you, but most of the studies you are thinking of are old wives tales/stdh.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yes there's a lot of nonsense about diet rear end juice but if there's one thing that's pretty concrete it's destruction of your enamel.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It does, but it doesn’t do so at a higher rate than regular soda. There’s a weird line of thinking where people want diet soda to be unhealthier than regular soda for some reason.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It does, but it doesn’t do so at a higher rate than regular soda. There’s a weird line of thinking where people want diet soda to be unhealthier than regular soda for some reason.

Yeah but I'm saying that cutting out regular soda in favor of Diet doesn't get rid of one of the biggest pitfalls of drinking soda.

Soda is one of those things where like even a can a day is fine but if you're constantly drinking it your teeth start to protest at the perpetual acid bath.

Soda is a treat or a snack, it's not a replacement for water, which I don't think people seem to understand.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I've never thought it was worse than regular soda, I've just thought it terrible enough that you shouldn't think you're being "healthy" by drinking diet soda.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Person suggests drinking water; responses paraphrased: “lmao that’s nonsensical, what is your problem with diet soda my dude?? It’s not even that bad for you”

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Skwirl posted:

I've never thought it was worse than regular soda, I've just thought it terrible enough that you shouldn't think you're being "healthy" by drinking diet soda.

The sweeteners and nebulous concept of Diet soda "making you hungry" are likely BS (and probably entirely subjective, if I drink a can of Coke it nukes my appetite for like an hour) but conditioning your kids to only want to drink liquids if it tastes good and sweet even if it's purely to address thirst is a pretty bad look for the longterm.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

freeedr posted:

Person suggests drinking water; responses paraphrased: “lmao that’s nonsensical, what is your problem with diet soda my dude?? It’s not even that bad for you”

not so much. Just the classic "Big mac, large fry, and a diet soda!" is still better than getting a regular one. No one drinks soda for the health benefits but if you're going to have a vice in sweet drink form, you could do a lot worse than a diet coke.

don't replace water with diet coke though, friends.

E: my former roommate got taken to the ER for kidney stones while wearing a coca-cola t-shirt. The paramedics made fun of his shirt during the ride. A hilarious cautionary tale.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 04:58 on May 31, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Adult me can't even fathom using soda as a permanent substitute for water. My stomach would poo poo out across the cosmos.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I hate people that make fun of that "big mac, large fries, diet coke" thing because guess what? I'm diabetic; I can budget for the fries/big mac but not the 60+ grams of pure sugar hitting my bloodstream and spiking my sugar immediately. (And as for soda chat I go through a 6 pack of pepsi max a week.)

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

dovetaile posted:

(And as for soda chat I go through a 6 pack of pepsi max a week.)

I used to have a serious Pepsi Max habit, like 1.5L a day, that one seems like a common vice. My teeth probably won't last long.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

dovetaile posted:

I hate people that make fun of that "big mac, large fries, diet coke" thing because guess what? I'm diabetic; I can budget for the fries/big mac but not the 60+ grams of pure sugar hitting my bloodstream and spiking my sugar immediately. (And as for soda chat I go through a 6 pack of pepsi max a week.)

Diet coke just tastes better.

Pepsi max is vile tho.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

E: my former roommate got taken to the ER for kidney stones while wearing a coca-cola t-shirt. The paramedics made fun of his shirt during the ride. A hilarious cautionary tale.

About a decade ago my dad and the guys he works with went on an energy drink kick and turned it into a contest for who could drink the most. I think he was declared the winner after he ended up in the ER for kidney stones.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm glad that seltzer has gone from being a sort of weird boutique item given a tiny slice of the beverage aisle to something just about every store has its own economy brand of: I got off full-calorie sodas probably 15+ years ago, but guzzled diet despite its drawbacks because (1) zero calories (2) it's a reasonable afternoon caffeine hit but most importantly (3) I loving love the way carbonated drinks feel.

So, yeah, I can drink like thirty-six cans of seltzer in a week in a way I couldn't (but wanted to) with diet soda.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've mainly switched to black coffee for my caffeine dose, especially for diet purposes.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
For non-coffee drinkers, CTC tea is the next best thing. It's like espresso but in tea form.

Why yes, my teeth have gotten increasingly yellow in the past few years.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Counterpoint: Cherry Coke zero is the nectar of the gods and existence is fleeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

not so much. Just the classic "Big mac, large fry, and a diet soda!" is still better than getting a regular one. No one drinks soda for the health benefits but if you're going to have a vice in sweet drink form, you could do a lot worse than a diet coke.

Also:
Big Mac: 540 calories
Large Fry: 510 calories
42 oz soda: 410 calories

People don't realize how many calories are in a regular soda.