Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/megkmag/status/1133186866331738113

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

He's so slippery.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I can, but I'd rather say

Cow Tools

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
North Face thought it would be cool to replace wikipedia photos with ones that had their product in them. And then they made a video bragging about it.

https://twitter.com/adzebill/status/1133491341004926976

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I can tell you what every single one of them does.

Nothing. :smug:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Platystemon posted:

I can tell you what every single one of them does.

Nothing. :smug:

The under eye rollers do, in fact, work. My wife has had under eye circles since 2002, and this has started to actually lighten them.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

The under eye rollers do, in fact, work. My wife has had under eye circles since 2002, and this has started to actually lighten them.
Seriously? This Lithuanian bitch has had undereye circles since 1977, and they haven't budged no matter what I've tried. Hmm.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
If you don't have bags under your eyes from the stress of living in the modern hellscape that is capitalism you are obviously bourgeois scum who must be made an example of. :commissar:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i like how the last few posts dont 100% say what is an eye roller or which on it is.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

PhazonLink posted:

i like how the last few posts dont 100% say what is an eye roller or which on it is.

It's the third one. The one with EYE in it's name.

My wife just got a cheap one on Amazon with good reviews.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's the one that says "eye microtip"

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:

Beachcomber posted:

This just in, Sephora "hacking" posts on comedy website somethingawful.com advertising their cosmetics. Admins and mods react in shock to this breach of confidence between users and the web forum.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

North Face thought it would be cool to replace wikipedia photos with ones that had their product in them. And then they made a video bragging about it.

https://twitter.com/adzebill/status/1133491341004926976

I now want to photoshop their garbage into some horrible places to be, and make a GBS Photoshop thread about it.

EDIT: Yeah so I went ahead and did that.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890753

IUG has a new favorite as of 14:39 on May 30, 2019

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I cannot relate at all to the Holocaust, until I saw a child wearing a North Face pants standing in line for a concentration camp train.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

IUG posted:

I now want to photoshop their garbage into some horrible places to be, and make a GBS Photoshop thread about it.

EDIT: Yeah so I went ahead and did that.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890753

This is beautiful, you're doing the lord's work.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1133765339165089793

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

time to hire a Russian botnet to spam-post dickpics at the Sonic account

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

time to hire a Russian botnet to spam-post dickpics at the Sonic account

Also

https://mobile.twitter.com/steak_umm/status/113379393279252070
https://mobile.twitter.com/gushers/status/1133796973809680391
https://mobile.twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1133801125596008449
https://mobile.twitter.com/gushers/status/1133801886493102080

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
did i say botnet, i meant team of arsonists to find the families of the twitterpeople and do the needful

can you make ironic memes now that your family has been reduced to a smoking cinder, steak-umms? is your heart that powerful?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

2019 yall

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Corporation twitters feels like ancient nobility talking to each other.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Wow, that just really makes me want to lie right down and die

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

HOLY gently caress posted:

Wow, that just really makes me want to lie right down and die

Why die when there's killing that needs doing? They're not going to guillotine themselves.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Why die when there's killing that needs doing? They're not going to guillotine themselves.

Mt. Everest notwithstanding...

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Screaming Idiot posted:

did i say botnet, i meant team of arsonists to find the families of the twitterpeople and do the needful

can you make ironic memes now that your family has been reduced to a smoking cinder, steak-umms? is your heart that powerful?

As a professional twitterperson myself, I would like to plead for my family by saying that we are but pawns following the approved brand "voice" handed down from on high. It's a call-center job, but with all the horrors that 8 hours of straight social media can and does provide.

Edit: Although, once another brand/anyone remotely famous responds, generally only the actual corporate marketing team can respond. I can't argue for their logic.

Parasol Prophet has a new favorite as of 06:51 on May 31, 2019

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Steakums used to be a thing you ate when you wanted some garbage and also grease all over your shirt, but now it's a guy, just like you and me.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Parasol Prophet posted:

As a professional twitterperson myself

So you work from home?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Urgh... Phone posting so imagine that picture of the space marine shooting over the head of the fan, labelled "brand posting is bad" and "Woah, cool opportunity for viral marketing" as appropriate.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Parasol Prophet posted:

Edit: Although, once another brand/anyone remotely famous responds, generally only the actual corporate marketing team can respond. I can't argue for their logic.
Still doesn't seem like a formal operation.

https://twitter.com/Wendys/status/1133780672999514112?s=20

(The whole thing is Wendy's talking to Sonic not that rando)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean, Sonic's always definitely been a total sellout.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Parasol Prophet posted:

As a professional twitterperson myself, I would like to plead for my family by saying that we are but pawns following the approved brand "voice" handed down from on high. It's a call-center job, but with all the horrors that 8 hours of straight social media can and does provide.

So do you do a bunch of brands at once and have like a style sheet for each? I'm totally curious how that works.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

GrandpaPants posted:

That actually made me feel better, thank you :unsmith:

I feel like a lot of these brand tweets are just the same guy with multiple twitter accounts open sitting alone in a dark room, furiously tweeting at himself

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Tired Moritz posted:

Corporation twitters feels like ancient nobility talking to each other.

I've worked on events with Twitter's corporate offices before and nothing has ever made me want to lie down and die more than seeing their internal presentations and videos.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

hyperhazard posted:

So do you do a bunch of brands at once and have like a style sheet for each? I'm totally curious how that works.

No, just one at a time, although I have been on a few different accounts. Each brand has their own goal for how they want to present themselves, and we get trained in what they want us to say/sound like, and usually some pre-approved responses to copy-paste for simple issues. Responses go through senior agents to be approved when you're first starting, to make sure you get it.

It's basically call-center style customer service in that simple questions get outsourced to a bunch of people in a remote building and only more difficult or high-profile engagements get addressed by the company themselves, just (a) with social media posts instead of calls, and (b) not just with complaints/questions, but positive "fun" interaction as well.

It's not a bad job, really (especially if you're like me and just need a paycheck, but are terrible at actually speaking to people), but it is a bit weird seeing brand Twitter from the other side.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Parasol Prophet posted:

i am also a call-center phonemonkey but i will gladly march into the cleansing flames when my duty is done

now tell me, on a scale of one to ten, how inflammable would you say your family is

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
But what if you run social media for a call center?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Double Punctuation posted:

But what if you run social media for a call center?

WE MAKE THE FLAMES HIGHER

also lol at me making bad immolation jokes when a dude literally self-immolated on the whitehouse lawn, and by "lol" i mean "are you loving kidding me what sort of insane hellworld are we living on where immolation is something that is happening instead of a lovely edgelord joke made by a stupid brokebrained moron on the something awful forums"

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Screaming Idiot posted:

i am also a call-center phonemonkey but i will gladly march into the cleansing flames when my duty is done

now tell me, on a scale of one to ten, how inflammable would you say your family is

Safety is our number one concern, Screaming! We take pride in our families being made of only the best and least flammable materials.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Screaming Idiot posted:

WE MAKE THE FLAMES HIGHER

also lol at me making bad immolation jokes when a dude literally self-immolated on the whitehouse lawn, and by "lol" i mean "are you loving kidding me what sort of insane hellworld are we living on where immolation is something that is happening instead of a lovely edgelord joke made by a stupid brokebrained moron on the something awful forums"

There was a Judge Dredd comic where people randomly immolating themselves in protest was something that made even the Judges realise they needed to at least make a token gesture of improving the dystopian hell they run that's crushing people's spirits rather than a brief amusement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
You can sometimes see signs of when a social media account is definitely run by someone in-house, and the Sonic the Hedgehog account is one of them, with a few exchanges could've only been done by someone who works in the office itself. The most obvious thing I can remember there is when they did an extended back and forth of escalating 'don't talk to me or my son ever again' jokes with the Mega Man Twitter using merchandise they had around the office.

Given that you haven't seen those signs of individuality from a lot of the accounts piling on him, part of this does feel a bit like one or two people with access to a stack of corporate Twitter accounts piling onto someone who's only got one.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 04:12 on Jun 1, 2019